1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Obama A Natural Born Citizen?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by simplyg123, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    If this is an honest statement it goes a long way towards proving several points made over the course of his campaign here in P/R land.

Anyway, its always interesting to find out why people vote the way they do.

I asked one friend who voted for Obama why, he said "I just want to work again".

Asked a neighbor and he said, "cause I'm a democrat"

Asked a typically racial business associate and he said "I voted for the (insert expletive)

I found all these answers very interesting, including the last one. While I admit that we've come a long way in a short time, shorter than any government in history in terms of racial divide, I found it interesting that someone would say something so foul, and would vote for someone they proclaim to hate on the basis of a party affiliation. I don't know whether its a change for the good or really what to think of it.

My sister's husband is in a union, so of course her response was, "they said it would be better for my family". They being the union.

My sister in law works at the same place as Mrs. Barry Hussein, and she cannot describe why she was voting for him. All we can figure is the UW system warped her brain. She gave us no answer other than, I'm a democrat.

Does anyone actually vote across party lines? I mean how many people here voted straight ticket? I had to pick and choose in each race myself.

Anyway, its always interesting to hear the reasons people vote one way or another, as well as the reasons they do not.

A friend of my wifes said she voted for Obama because McCain was gonna take her health care away.

I would say the majority of the people that I asked this question of all shared one common trait. They hated Bush. Not disliked, but HATED.

If you look back to 92' you see a similar pattern of reason with regard to voters. It looked then, more like Bush senior was fired, more so that Clinton being elected.

Obviously Bush could not be "fired". But in the eyes of many, it would appear as though McCain represented for many, a continuation of Bush, and hence, he was in a sense fired as well.

Out of everyone I asked, no one could offer up any policy related issue based in fact that appealed to them about Obama. Those that said, they were for McCain indicated a need to return to traditional conservative values. Low taxes, less government. Unfortunately, for man, I don't know that McCain represented that to them, regardless of his record of doing so.

Whatever the reasons on both sides, I found many disturbing, if not illogical, just plain stupid.

Something to think about next time around for those that run. What really is in the mind of the average voter?

I still think most of them come here, get banned and then proxy back in again. Oh well, I've seen so many come and go it gets old after a while.

Mia, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  2. glock45

glock45 Banned

Best Answers:
    I have to go to work at taco bell or I would talk more. You would have to be a black man to understand where we are coming for. Why would a black person vote for anyone other than Obama? Blacks were not allowed to vote at one time and now we vote the same. It is a stronger voice for the the race, wouldn't you agree? Obama will look out for us.

glock45, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  3. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Do you really want someone to look out for you? Wouldn't you rather have someone that lets you do what you want and keep more of what you make? Having someone look out for you is pretty much the same as having someone keep you down, is it not?

Mia, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  4. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Classic. [Taking notes]

lightless, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  5. simplyg123

simplyg123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, white guy here. Be grateful you have a job at taco bell, i was laid off 2 months ago, and cant find a job anywhere.

And one good reason not to vote for a black man, just for the fact he's black, is because the man you voted for wants to keep you right there at taco bell. He doesn't want you to succeed. And if some how you manage to succeed, he's going to tax you out of your rear.

The problem with obama and most democrats is they want control over you, this is why they give you welfare, it gives them the upper hand. This is why businesses that do make good money, get penalized. Wouldnt it make since to reward someone for succeeding? Not to a democrat, nope, they gonna tax ya. Why? because money is power, and they want the power. The real difference in democrats and repblicans....

Dem - higher taxes , more government

Repub - lower taxes, more freedom

Its not a hard choice. You just have to see past the mind controling lies. They tell you they are helping when in fact their just making sure you can stay right their where you are in the hole they helped you dig.

If you dont see that, please, open your eyes.

simplyg123, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  6. kaethy

kaethy Guest

Best Answers:
    WTF???
    And you talk about hate!!!

kaethy, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  7. simplyg123

simplyg123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How was that hate?:confused:

simplyg123, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  8. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That doesn't have to necessarily imply any hate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama

9. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I'm sure my bestest forum friend from the underworld will find a way to convince people it was.

In actuality, Barrack has been know as and called Barry over the years. He's gone by several names, and have used his middle name as well.

I'm assuming it was the Barry thing that ticked her off.

Hey, can't please everybody.

Mia, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  10. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    I don't even need to run an IP check to know this is HomeBiz SEO or whatever that clown's name is.......errrr, was! :p

Crazy_Rob, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  11. Firegirl

Firegirl Peon

Best Answers:
    I was beginning to smell a fish! I thought his comments about working at Taco Bell sounded a little contrived!

Firegirl, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  12. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Yeah, it was really obvious and I've only read a few of his posts.

It looks like his original ban would have been lifted in a week. :(

Crazy_Rob, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  13. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner. :D

The thought crossed my mind as well. The same approach ..... he used to "love" Obama in his past incarnation as well. Highly unlikely that someone would openly "reveal" that he voted because of colour and act "dumb" about it.

14. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:

Did I not ask if this was for real? Seemed way too hokey to be for real. Why people have to resort to such shenanigans to make a point is beyond me.

It must suck to moderate this forum.

Mia, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  15. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    I claim first sniff.

What I found more telling is that a few members couldn't wait to use this as a serious talking point. Honest to god, wasn't

just a bit obvious, and didn't "I hope he will double the income of blacks living on government assistance" trip the switch? - as in, this is a white dude trying yet another vile tactic to play a racist thing? Guess not.

Anyway, I called it first. Can I have my cookie? :D

northpointaiki, Nov 6, 2008 IP
    busman3000 likes this.
  16. Crazy_Zap

Crazy_Zap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First sniff is yours and good on you, but hardly worth a whole cookie. :D
    "Obvious" doesn't quite cut it. Not strong enough a word. ;)

Crazy_Zap, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  17. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Hahahha - OK, I guess there's no victory in sniffing out what should have been a big pile of, well, yeah, agreed. "Obvious" is less than adequate, at least for all but a few, it seems.

northpointaiki, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  18. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Kinda hard to claim first sniff when he says "yes" to the later, not the former.

Mia, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  19. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    LOL - man, I must be really bug this guy, that he would want to dispute another member over his award of a cookie issue. :D

<<Sigh>>. http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showpost.php?p=9731251&postcount=617

Mia, I realize you got caught taking Biz's bait, all too easily. I'm sorry, and I'm sorry that I happened to have seen it for what it was. But you weren't alone, if that makes you feel better.

northpointaiki, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  20. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Obama citizenship question is going to U.S. Supreme Court. Barrack Obama and the DNC must respond by December 1.

bogart, Nov 8, 2008 IP