1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Obama A Natural Born Citizen?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by simplyg123, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Good point. I think "Idiocracy" pretty much sums up the direction of our nation atm.

Mia, Nov 6, 2008 IP
    debunked likes this.
  2. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hmmm interesting.... I seem to remember certain people jumping up and down in sheer frustration just 4 years ago telling us to all GET OVER IT.

Hell I remember someone telling me to GET OVER IT in a thread a few days ago..... ;)

I wonder where the time has gone...

GeorgeB., Nov 6, 2008 IP
  3. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    What on earth are you talking about? Get over what? Barry won. No one disputes this fact. I don't see a single person here bitching that it was a vast left wing conspiracy, or that he "stole the election".

He won. I think you need to get over it.

One thing I cannot understand about the left, even when they get their way they are still unhappy.

Get over it!

Mia, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  4. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The dems have been a failure every time that they have controlled the presidency and congress.

The 'Carter Backlash" resulted in the Reagan Presidency and the 'Clinton Backlash' swept in Newt Gingrich and he Republican Revolution.

bogart, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  5. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    This is most recently evidenced in the last 2 years of democrat control, which has us, well... where we are at present.

Barry's been P E for two days and both days, SM is DOWN.

Mia, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  6. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    LOL, what at all about the fact that your candidate got his ass beat by a community organizer makes you think I am unhappy right now?

You're just messing with me right? You really think I have ANYTHING at all to be unhappy about right now? :D

GeorgeB., Nov 6, 2008 IP
  7. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Well to quote those that have raised the Popular vote issue in the past, in reality Pop Vote wise, it was quite even.

Of course you do. You'll never be satisfied. Mark my words, things that Barry does well, you'll take credit for. Things he does not, well, that's 8 years of Bush/Cheney.

Anyone here old enough to remember getting "12 years of Reagan/Bush" shoved down your throats on a daily basis?

Democrats for the most part are angry people. Nothing makes them happy. Even when they get their way they remain eternally ungrateful and irritable.

Mia, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  8. Firegirl

Firegirl Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm glad you finally decided to admit that the sum of Obama's experience is that of a community organizer.

I'm head of the local PTA, can I be President next?

Firegirl, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  9. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It is always a good time to buy pharmaceutical stocks!

debunked, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  10. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Are you a redhead by chance firegirl?

You sure are a feisty one.

debunked, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  11. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Firstly, Mia, I believe you were among those most vigorously protesting that the 2000 election wasn't "stolen." I thought the popular vote was irrelevant?

Secondly, yes, with an electoral margin of 2 to 1, well - I call it a landslide.

Finally, I wouldn't call a 53% - 46% (64,206,510/56,611,357 - an edge of 7.5+ million people) split of the popular vote "quite even."

northpointaiki, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  12. Firegirl

Firegirl Peon

Best Answers:
    Why yes I am! And yes, I'm feeling quite feisty today. When you get denied a raise because your boss is worried that his $250k income is going shrink now, you tend to get a little pissed....at least he promised to fire all the Obama supporters first!

Firegirl, Nov 6, 2008 IP
    Mia likes this.
  13. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Tell him to pay out his income in dividends to stock holders as income instead of salaries.

Stereotype or not, Red Head.. Man, I could tell some stories.

Mia, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  14. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You know, every time I think about coming in this thread something tells me "don't feed the trolls". But alas here I am :D

Here's my point, and I just wish SOMEONE would explain this to me....

Why on earth do you guys think you have ANY credibility to talk about ANY other party or candidate after the past 8 years? Do you not realize that your party is literally guilty of EVERYTHING you are accusing the dems of along with giving us the gift of the worst president in history? You are the people who voted for Bush... PROUDLY.... TWICE. Why should anyone think your opinion is even remotely sound?

You don't follow? Here let me give you an example of the hilarious irony I see every time you make a post!

Umm....

A) He's not even the president yet.

B) George Bush STILL IS the president and is LITERALLY the only one between those 2 that could actually do something about it.... :D How do you feel about that?

C) Historically there is always market fluctuation during Presidential transition periods. I mean seriously. Are you THAT desperate to find something negative to say about Obama before he's even in the White House that you didn't even TRY to research that?

What are you going to say tomorrow when the markets are up? Thank God for Bush?

It's so sad. What a joke. :D:(

GeorgeB., Nov 6, 2008 IP
  15. youngboy222

youngboy222 Banned

Best Answers:
    i'd say majority of America believes in Obama so lets forget the citizenship issues for a while.

youngboy222, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  16. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No but if you manage to rustle up yourself a mayorship in Wassila, you betcha!

I'm sure you realize my reference to him being a community organizer was meant to exaggerate the enormity of his win even more in order to get under certain conservatives' skin...... Wait why am I explaining this, you're an adult... OF COURSE YOU KNEW THAT!

But it felt good to think you had a point for a minute there huh? ;)

GeorgeB., Nov 6, 2008 IP
  17. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I used to think that, then I put NPT and a few others on ignore. Problem solved.

Do I really have to point this stuff out again?

Fannie, Freddie, CRA, Carter, Clinton, FDR, great society. Starting to ring a bell? Pelosi, Frank, Reid. Should I go on?

You don't read. Here, let me give you an example. Talk about Hilarious.

Who said he is? Let me help you with the abbreviations.

P E = President Elect

The president can no more change the SM then he can adjust interest rates. The Fed Does that.

What you fail to see is market reaction to an event. You are going to see a huge sell off by those in fear of higher capital gains.

That's because of one thing.

Its not a fluctuation, its a REACTION.

If we are not attacked tomorrow, I will say Thank God for Bush, which is the primary source of my solace within the current administration.

See, told you you would never be happy. You're still sulking.

Mia, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  18. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    :D Haha no no you missed it dude. He was going on about how increase voter turnout favors the Republicans and proceeded to point at the past 2 elections. I pointed out that Al Gore had actually won the popular vote and he proceeded to suffer what I can only describe as a conservative seizure as he went wild telling me to get over it, GEORGE BUSH WON! I'm like dude I know but Al Gore won the popular vote which makes your argument that Repubs benefit from higher turnout absurd. Then he's all GET OVER IT!! YOU DON'T KNOW THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE... YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE!!!

Funny doesn't even begin to describe that exchange between us in that thread. Ahh memories :D

GeorgeB., Nov 6, 2008 IP
  19. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Oh, I saw that, George, and found that ridiculous as well - I think what I linked to was an earlier spat with Grim, myself, Mia, RobJones, on the same thing.

Just finding it ironic as hell that in one breath, it's an appeal to the [sic] "quite even" popular vote, and on the other, it's "popular vote means NOTHING!"

northpointaiki, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  20. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm ... firegirl ..... redhead .... makes sense.

Snowgirl ..... Blonde
    Earthgirl ...... Brunette
    Nightgirl ..... Black hair
    Grizzlygirl .... Grey hair [Old]

lightless, Nov 6, 2008 IP