1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Obama thread

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by homebizseo, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Stroh

Stroh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    (Watches and predicts 2 terms)

We seemed to be doing this a lot lately?

Stroh, Nov 5, 2008 IP
  2. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Well of course. Think about it. Its kinda like 92' all over again. We'll see a brief recession then things will pick up, Obama will in office riding on the benefit of things already set in motion prior to his taking office and then will claim responsibility for creating that momentum. The blind will follow and choose to re-elect on the basis of false promise. Then the cycle will start all over again.

I've been around long enough to see this cyclical phenomenon sever times.

Like I said, this too shall pass.

Mia, Nov 5, 2008 IP
  3. Stroh

Stroh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah but hey at least we kept Palin out of the VP seat or even the President seat.

Stroh, Nov 5, 2008 IP
  4. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    And did what? Put Biden in? Good lord man.

http://www.youtube.com/v/NmRXH7RkCZQ&hl=en&fs=1

I bet Biden would be a hoot at a strip club.

Mia, Nov 5, 2008 IP
  5. simplyg123

simplyg123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is true, history shows a cycle where the economy goes down, then comes up, then goes down and comes up again, the cycle usually last 3 or 4 years. At least this is what the company i used to work for told me when the economy first started slipping and we had our first round of layoffs. Luckily i made through til the 3rd round of layoffs :|

Anyways, the economy is due to start rising again by 2009-2010

simplyg123, Nov 5, 2008 IP
  6. kampbell411

kampbell411 Peon

Best Answers:
    You guys just seem to hate change so much..huh. You guys elected someone that ruined our country and our reputation around the world and then you complain NONSTOP why the country pulls for a Change candidate. The fault lies with you. Blame yourselves.

kampbell411, Nov 5, 2008 IP
  7. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    First or second quarter of 09, assuming the pattern remains consistent.

Mia, Nov 5, 2008 IP
  8. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The 1980-1982 Recession lasted 10 consecutuve quarters.

bogart, Nov 5, 2008 IP
  9. simplyg123

simplyg123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I got news for everyone who blames the president for the countries problems

Blaming George Bush, Bill Clinton, Bush 41, Ronald Reagan, or Barack Obama for the ills for the country is like blaming Ronald McDonald when you get a bad cheeseburger. None of them run the company.

simplyg123, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  10. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    True, but that was the result of a much larger mess that Carter created. We still feel the damage of that administration today, thanks to the CRA.

I think you'll likely see a short recession, nice recovery, then a big recession along the same timeline as Carter into the Barry Hussein administration.

Mia, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  11. earlpearl

earlpearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Somehow these comments about Carter, that I can only consider pitiful and reflective of an angry partisan politicism keep cropping up.

None of you guys were working while Carter was President. In fact you may not have been born. I suppose that means you are either deep honed historians of US history from 1976-1980, or alternatively you simply mindlessly repeat language you have heard from others.

Just so you might know; the Carter years represented a relatively unprecedented period of high US inflation (price increases).

Yet here is what is never referenced by the Carter haters. Unprecedented high inflation first started hitting the US during the Ford years which preceeded Carter. In fact the impact of high prices started hitting during the Nixon years. Nixon established wage and price controls. He established them prior to the 1972 election. hmmmm. pretty political. Then he kept them in effect for a fair period of time.

Once taken down, the latent impact of inflation hit during the Ford years and carried over into the Carter period. High inflation (heavy price increases) preceeded and lasted through the entire Carter Presidency. It was not caused by Carter, he inherited it, and it didn't modify until the early 1980's. It was a difficult long term economic fact of life.

One of the primary causes was the enormous increase in the price of imported oil. In fact in constant dollars, the recent unprecedented increase in the price of oil that kept going up until this summer, needed years of price escalations before it had a real dollar impact as severe as it had in the mid 1970's. It was an M F'er of an impact on inflation.--but it wasn't the only cause.

The second comment about Carter is incredibly representative of pure partisan politics and has never been verified by studies.

Particularly, it has been shown by studies that the Community Reinvestment Act was particularly NOT responsible for the huge devastating Real Estate Crisis we are experiencing. Nobody has been able to identify that CRA has any repsonsibility whatsover.

First off it would be hard to do so. Any singular loan is not a "CRA loan". A lending institution that falls under this type of scrutiny is required to provide information on its TOTAL loan portfolio. The entire loan portfolio is then analyzed to ascertain the banks responsiveness to these laws, laws which in fact have been modified several times.

Moreover, studies have been made showing that the majority of loans that went into default were made by institutions THAT were not subject to CRA regulation. Business week referenced some of the research recently here.

The attacks are never substantiated. They are simply repeated in an endless mindless, totally partisan series of attacks.

In a way its easy and of course going to be political to discuss economic conditions and ultimately who might become President.

The Clinton team used the now famous mantra "its the economy stupid" internally to remind its team to keep all comments on the economy. The US was in the midst of a recession at the time and the elder George Bush was President.

Its so easy to trace that particular recession to a Savings Institution crisis that essentially can be traced back to the high inflation rates and high rates of interest that started in the mid 1970's, continued in the latter 1970's (Carter's administration) and resulted in dramatically changed laws that opened the door for S&L's to become the worst investors (up to that time) since the Great Depression. It all occurred during the 1980's way before Bush the first got to be President. He took the beating for it.

The same thing probably occurred this election. The early evidence is that the crash in September solidified opinions in favor of Obama and against McCain. Clearly there were deep multiples of reasons for the crash that we are experiencing. There are many to blame.

Specific studies to date have found, though, that CRA is not to blame.

Instead of resorting to partisanship you should look harder to find real causes. I'm sure there are plenty of them.

I have no great love or hatred for Carter. Its simply absurd though to place blame on a guy whose Presidency ended 28 years ago. It is wierdly absurd.

earlpearl, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  12. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I was alive in the Carter Years. Then as it is now, its relatively easy to see the reality of the poor decisions and mismanagement of his administration.

Its not absurd to examine the affects of a presidency 28 years later, when those affects are still felt today. It takes an average of 20 years to fully feel the affects of decisions made by a presidential administration. As historians look back on the Carter years, they've pretty much called it like it is; one of the worst in history.

We still feel the affects of the mistakes made then, and then perpetuated by the Clinton years. This is no different than the affects felt by decisions made on the right, good bad or otherwise. Too discount anything Carter did because it happened 28 years ago, is to discount the decisions made by Washington, or the founding fathers and the decisions they made that still affect us today.

The house crisis is a direct result of the mistakes made in creating Fannie, Freddie, CRA, and the perpetuation of those programs of the Great Society, and later Carter, then Clinton.

Its a reality. I'm looking at this as objectively as I can, and all of the problems we see with both Freddie and Fannie appear to be a direct result of the programs associated with the CRA, and other such abominations.

Mia, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  13. glock45

glock45 Banned

Best Answers:
    I helped put Obama in office and admit openly I cast my vote based on the fact he is an African American. I hope he will double the income of blacks living on government assistance. The poverty level will go down under Obama. Blacks in this country are kept down due to the fact that the government won’t give out equal pays to the poor.

Obama may lack experience but he will look out for his own.

glock45, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  14. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Are you for real? Just curious. I have a few serious questions I'd like to ask if you do not mind.

Mia, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  15. eddie

eddie snowrider

Best Answers:
    Is this a joke? Or are you serious?

eddie, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  16. glock45

glock45 Banned

Best Answers:
    What wrong with voting for the party that look out for the poor? I do not think McCain would look out for African-Americans.

glock45, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  17. Firegirl

Firegirl Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, let's put this in perspective shall we.

What if I said:

I helped put McCain in office and admit openly I cast my vote based on the fact he is white. I hope he will double the income of whites living on government assistance. The poverty level will go down under McCain. Whites in this country are kept down due to the fact that the government won't give out equal pays to the poor.

McCain may lack experience but he will look out for his own.

Hell, you could even replace the name with Richardson and Hispanics. But, no matter what you substitute in, it would still sound RACIST to me.

I, for one, want to thank you for looking out for the good of the country as a whole and not just a certain group. Good job! Pat yourself on the back, you deserve it!

Firegirl, Nov 6, 2008 IP
    lightless likes this.
  18. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    I sniff, yes. Something about this:

Just tells me so.

northpointaiki, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  19. jkjazz

jkjazz Peon

Best Answers:
    Ha!

This is just perfect. Glock you are wrong in sooo many ways.

You want him to double the income of blacks living on 'sisstance? Hell, you can do that. Just tell your friends to support their kids so we don't have to.

"Blacks in this country are kept down due to the fact that the government won’t give out equal pays to the poor."

Equal pay for what? Sitting at home on 'sisstance?

Obama may lack experience but he will look out for his own.
    Well, one out of three is pretty good in the Major Leagues.

jkjazz, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  20. glock45

glock45 Banned

Best Answers:
    WE have always had white people leading America. Whites have also thrived under the all white leaderships while oppresing the blacks. We have had racist laws kepping black men downand if not for affirmative action we would have not had the chance to put the new leader into office. I would be will to bet that 90 percent of all blacks voted for Obama and do not think that is racist. What would we gain by putting in another white President? Blacks will thrive under Obama's new programs. That is the change that will happen.

glock45, Nov 6, 2008 IP