1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Obama A Natural Born Citizen?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by simplyg123, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    You mean it did not say "African American?"

I bet there is an article at snopes that deals with that:rolleyes:

Mia, Nov 3, 2008 IP
    Crazy_Rob likes this.
  2. Xphic

Xphic Active Member

Best Answers:
    Douglas Holtz-Eakin McCain Economic Advisor:

Whether Democrat or Republican, next president will have to raise taxes.
    http://swampland.blogs.time.com/2008/09/12/the_mccain_tax_increasescontin/

Obama claims he will raise taxes on those making $250k+, is correct.

McCain claims he not raising Taxes. Will McCain just flip flop as soon as he gets in Office if elected? If your own economic advisor says you will have to raise taxes, something seems rather off then.

What has McCain been a Maverick on that Washington needs recently?

He was against the Bush Tax cuts before he was for them.
    He was against off shore drilling before he was for it.

---
    I know he has been against the party stance on Immigration and Torture, is this what Washington needs?

Both candidates, and everyone on this earth has been a proven liar. If you even think John McCain doesn't have a proven record of it. You are rather ignorant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioy90nF2anI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEtZlR3zp4c

Do you know who Gordon Liddy, Ollie North, and Shelly Shannon are?

Xphic, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  3. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    I have a new favorite song: "Vote For Barack Obama."

Ah... and the GOP faithful are still trying to hit Obama on his "associations" to well respected professors. Hilarious. With McCain you don't have to hit him on his associations. You can hit him on his record: The Keating Five.

Zibblu, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  4. Xphic

Xphic Active Member

Best Answers:
    I made my post simplyg123, I guess you weren't looking forward to it?

Xphic, Nov 4, 2008 IP
  5. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    A Hawaii birth certificate proves nothing. According to Hawaii Law §338-17.8, Obama would be eligible to obtain a birth certificate even if he was born in Kenya.

A birth certificate so obtained would not make Obama a US citizen.

“[§338-17.8] Certificates for children born out of State. (a) Upon application of an adult or the legal parents of a minor child, the director of health shall issue a birth certificate for such adult or minor, provided that proof has been submitted to the director of health that the legal parents of such individual while living without the Territory or State of Hawaii had declared the Territory or State of Hawaii as their legal residence for at least one year immediately preceding the birth or adoption of such child.

(b) Proof of legal residency shall be submitted to the director of health in any manner that the director shall deem appropriate. The director of health may also adopt any rules pursuant to chapter 91 that he or she may deem necessary or proper to prevent fraudulent applications for birth certificates and to require any further information or proof of events necessary for completion of a birth certificate.”

bogart, Nov 4, 2008 IP
  6. simplyg123

simplyg123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not worth the effort anymore, the man is President, and i wish him the best

simplyg123, Nov 4, 2008 IP
  7. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:

Are you guys seriously still talking about this?

Hypothetically, what would you do if you had hard-core, indisputable evidence he wasn't a true citizen? Take it to the Supreme Court?

Chances are, anyone who feels they have that evidence is just going to keep preaching about it on interweb forums clinging to their hubris.

I'm pretty skeptical in general but setting that aside for a second, don't you think the McCain people would've checked on that?

scottmweaver, Nov 4, 2008 IP
  8. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If there was "hard-core, indisputable evidence [Obama] wasn't a true citizen" he would be not eligible to hold public office.

McCain's people were focused on the campaign. McCain was only a couple of points away from winning in the battleground states.

bogart, Nov 4, 2008 IP
  9. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly, so again ... why are we still talking about this?

Yup, close but .. well, you know.

10. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Most of the allegations against Bill Clinton turned out to be true.

Clinto denied for years his involvement with Jennifier Flowers and sexual harrasment of Paula Jones.

bogart, Nov 4, 2008 IP
  11. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    That's faulty logic: Most of the allegations against X turned out to be true, therefore they must be true for Y.

How does that even begin to make sense? Perhaps with more examples, there might be a statistical probability to help give credence to the already-weak evidence for Obama's non-eligibility for presidency.

But, even so, this is a much simpler matter: is he, or isn't he a natural born citizen?

Whether Clinton did those things wouldn't disqualify him from presidency technically. However, not being a natural-born citizen would disqualify Obama and would, therefore, be immensely of higher importance than Clinton's sexual deviance in terms of the role as president.

Weak evidence, bad statistics and an already-elected president make this issue a dead horse. Let's stop beating it.

12. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You forgot to cite "a vast, right-wing conspiracy" against Obama :D

Obama's birth certificate has been sealed by Democratic Hawaii governor Linda Lingle. This is wrong when there are questions concerning whether Obama is a natural born citizen.

I think it is possible that Obama was born in Kenya and Obama's mother obtained a birth certificate per Hawaii Law §338-17.8

This would make the birth certificate legit. But Obama would be an illegal alien.

bogart, Nov 4, 2008 IP
  13. letsjoy

letsjoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What ever he is Americans now Accepted him as President...

letsjoy, Nov 4, 2008 IP
  14. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It doesn't matter if America accepts Obama as President.

It's not for you or me to decide.

The US Constitution is clear. The US President MUST be a natural born citizen.

bogart, Nov 4, 2008 IP
  15. ThraXed

ThraXed Peon

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

ThraXed, Nov 5, 2008 IP
  16. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist, sorry. :]

What? I'm pretty sure he made it publicly available:

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn227/Polarik/BO_Birth_Certificate.jpg

So let me get this straight, you think that Ann Dunham was so intent on making sure her son was eligible for the presidency, that she looked up the Hawaiian law to find a loophole that would allow a young child to become a "natural" citizen?

Okay.. possible, a bit far-fetched, but possible.

So let's examine the claim a bit more in-depth:

“[§338-17.8] Certificates for children born out of State. (a) Upon application of an adult or the legal parents of a minor child, the director of health shall issue a birth certificate for such adult or minor, provided that proof has been submitted to the director of health that the legal parents of such individual while living without the Territory or State of Hawaii had declared the Territory or State of Hawaii as their legal residence for at least one year immediately preceding the birth or adoption of such child.
    [/quote]

Are you ignoring the last line? You made it bold, but it clearly states that in order for someone to qualify for that certificate, they must be a legal resident of Hawaii for one year immediately preceding the birth/adoption of the child.

So essentially, this law doesn't provide a loophole for someone living outside the United States territory. It allows US Citizens to give their children a Hawaiian birth certificate if they're residents a year in advance.

That's pretty much it. Case closed.

Anything we missed?

scottmweaver, Nov 5, 2008 IP
  17. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Are you ignoring the last line? You made it bold, but it clearly states that in order for someone to qualify for that certificate, they must be a legal resident of Hawaii for one year immediately preceding the birth/adoption of the child.

So essentially, this law doesn't provide a loophole for someone living outside the United States territory. It allows US Citizens to give their children a Hawaiian birth certificate if they're residents a year in advance.

That's pretty much it. Case closed.

Anything we missed?[/QUOTE]

You need to read the entire law -- [§338-17.8] Certificates for children born out of State ...

The law applies to children born outside Hawaii.

The parent needs to prove residency in Hawaii not the child. Ann Dunham had legal residence in Hawaii.

(b) Proof of legal residency shall be submitted to the director of health in any manner that the director shall deem appropriate. The director of health may also adopt any rules pursuant to chapter 91 that he or she may deem necessary or proper to prevent fraudulent applications for birth certificates and to require any further information or proof of events necessary for completion of a birth certificate.”

bogart, Nov 5, 2008 IP
  18. simplyg123

simplyg123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No im not still ranting on this but i would like to point out, That faking a photo of a BC takes about 10 minutes. Which makes these photos of BC's not very trustworthy.

Notice I am now Obamas twin

Obama BC
    [​IMG]

Mine
    [​IMG]

simplyg123, Nov 5, 2008 IP
  19. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    So if she had legal residency, that would mean either she was there and left to birth Obama or there would be no argument.

Where was she when she had the baby?

scottmweaver, Nov 5, 2008 IP
  20. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    No one really knows for certain. A grandma says Kenya. A sister says one hospital in Hawaii, and Barry says the "other" hospital in Hawaii!

Mia, Nov 5, 2008 IP