1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Obama thread

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by homebizseo, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    His plan's never changed. What has changed is how he explains it to people. The fact is, people in the lowest income brackets of the lower middle and middle class to upper middle class pay 6% higher marginal tax rate than those making that famous $250k/yr.

It certain is sad.

Mia, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  2. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    No one is saying Obama didn't say what he said, we're saying that you (and the rest of the GOP lie machine) is taking it out of context and greatly misleading the American people on this issue (as always.)

The fact is John McCain & Barack Obama have the EXACT SAME POSITION on coal. That's the fact. What's amazing is that you folks keep running with a lie even when it's pointed out as a lie.

The last 8 years have been enough of GOP lies & policies. It's time to give the Democrats a shot.

Zibblu, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  3. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Put into "context" it means the same thing. I'm not sure how you could arrive at a different conclusion no matter what the context.

Its kinda like saying that his "spread the wealth" comment meant anything different than what he meant, regardless of the context.

Talk about "out of context". Did you watch that video? There's and awful lot of that there Fox News clips used in that video. As we all know, anything that mentions that there Fox News, or references that there Fox News is completely false.

You're gonna have to find a more skewed video that only includes clips from Keith Olbermans goofy talk show to convince me.

Democrats have had a shot. Hell, they've been in complete control of congress for 2 years now, and spending has increased to its highest levels ever during that time. Do we really need more of the same?

Mia, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  4. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    The fact is McCain & Obama have the same position on coal so it's very misleading to complain about Obama's position when it's the same as McCain's.

If you don't like Obama's position on coal then don't vote for McCain because it is the same.

Zibblu, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  5. simplyg123

simplyg123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    McCain doesn't plan on bankrupting coal companies, as Obama has said he would. Ive heard the whole speech have you. The quotes are totally in context.

simplyg123, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  6. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Nonsense. McCain's position is the same as Obama's. If Obama's position will bankrupt coal, then so will McCain's.

The truth is that Obama supports clean coal technology just as McCain does. Same stance on the issue.

Taking one quote from Obama and repeating it endlessly out of context doesn't mean anything.

That's what's so sad about the level of discourse the GOP is working on. They just have no interest in a real argument based in reality. Their whole thing is taking someones words or positions and twisting them into some sort of grotesque monster that they can try to scare voters with.

The good thing is that Americans have seen all of this before and aren't buying it again. That's the real awakening that's going on in America right now. People are realizing that the Republicans do nothing but lie. They are realizing that the Republicans have absolutely no concern for the direction of our country or the fate of average working Americans.

Zibblu, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  7. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    They both share a common intent; cleaning up the environment.

However, where they differ is on how to accomplish this goal.

Obama said "if somebody wants to build a coal powered plant, they can, its just that it will bankrupt them".

McCain has introduced legislation to set a timeline for reducing the release of green house gases. Obama however is saying that he will penalize them out of business by charging them more for pollutants than they can make in revenue to offset that charge.

In other words Obama wants to end an industry to fix the environment instead of encouraging ways to reduced the pollutants.

This is really another example of how young and inexperienced Obama is. He's so young he has no idea that the majority of our energy comes from coal. Not only that, a huge number of the population benefits from the coal industry for an income.

If he wants to secretly open a candle factory in PA or OH, go for it, but its pretty evident that Americans will not live by candle light, nor will they sacrifice their livelihood to do so.

Mia, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  8. simplyg123

simplyg123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dude, its not out of context, lol, do you know what context means? Here is the context.

"What I've said is that we would put a cap-and-trade system in place that is as aggressive, if not more aggressive, than anybody else's out there," the Democratic presidential candidate said. "I was the first to call for a hundred-percent auction on the cap-and-trade system, which means that every unit of carbon or greenhouse gases that was emitted would be charged to the polluter. That will create a market in which whatever technologies are out there that are being presented, whatever power plants that are being built, that they would have to meet the rigors of that market and the ratcheted-down caps that are imposed every year.
    "So if somebody wants to build a coal power plant, they can," Obama concluded. "It's just that it will bankrupt them because they're going to be charged a huge sum for all that greeenhouse gas that's being emitted."
    A press release from the Western Business Roundtable is calling on politicians of all stripes to denounce such a plan, and encouraging voters to hold those politicans accountable for whether they support the coal industry.

sources

If thats not enough for you heres the audio clip on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdi4...g/2008/11/obamas_brags_his_cap_and_trade.html

simplyg123, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  9. Firegirl

Firegirl Peon

Best Answers:
    Fox News is reporting the death of Obama's grandmother. No link as of yet. Showing it as breaking news with no link....

Firegirl, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  10. Xphic

Xphic Active Member

Best Answers:
    Xphic, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  11. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Was she on the list of illegals too?

Mia, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  12. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    No Mia. She was a white working class woman born & raised in Kansas. The type of person the Republican party likes to refer to as a "Real American."

Your comment is absolutely classless.

Zibblu, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  13. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    No, its called facetious. My Grandma is from Atchison. Seems to me, they could have worked at the same plant in Wichita.

Pits you cannot see the sarcasm in my statement. Try being a little more open minded.

Mia, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  14. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Consider the type of statements you make in this forum: It's hard to tell when someone is being facetious when so much of what they say stretches credulity.

Zibblu, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  15. Xphic

Xphic Active Member

Best Answers:
    You fail at sarcasm

Xphic, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  16. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Yep, it is. As always, I find it sad that a family member's death is the source of games like this.

northpointaiki, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  17. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Considering the audience and freshness of the guests, I can certainly see why.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Mia, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  18. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    I now rename this thread the President Barack Obama thread.
    Now that all the name calling is over, I truly hope that we all can actually live and work together to bring America back to the great nation that we all know it can be.

John McCain was very gracious in his speech tonight, and he will still be a remembered as a respected Veteran, but the majority of the country has spoken, it is now time to get to work.
    Can't wait to see how the market reacts in the morning.

The debates have been very entertaining here at DP, and sometimes even downright personal. The one thing we all have in common is we all love our country, I only hope that we can put that first from here on out, and drop our petty differences because we all have to live here together, and what happens from here on out affects us all no matter what race or religion we are.

We have just seen history ladies and gentleman. No matter what side you were on, you will always remember where you were when the face of America changed for ever.

God Bless You all (even you Rob), and God Bless America.

hmansfield, Nov 4, 2008 IP
    simplyg123 likes this.
  19. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    Congrats to the president elect Barack Obama. America chose the better of the two candidates. May his message of hope and change become a TRUE reality for the sake of us all. No more Bush-ism and Bush-ists!!! 8 long years of madness finally over!!!

guru-seo, Nov 4, 2008 IP
  20. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Congratulations to a well run campaign on both sides. Here's to 4 more years of bitching and complaining.

My college communications professor had it right. "Freedom of the press belongs to those who own one."

I'm rather optimistic. I truly believe that American needs to be reminded of its failings every so often. Hopefully this one will only last one term. This too shall pass.

Mia, Nov 5, 2008 IP