1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My $5000/mo Goal With ClickBank & Arbitrage

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by scottmweaver, Jan 13, 2007.

1. domainer_10

domainer_10 Peon

Best Answers:
    clickbank is a pisspoor affiliate to try and make money from. Ive marketd clickbank through bum marketing and only received one sale, whereas all my other affiliates have gotten tons of sales over the last year.

domainer_10, Nov 1, 2008 IP
  2. rafnie

rafnie Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree. Optimizing your landing page would help boost your chance of getting sales.

rafnie, Nov 2, 2008 IP
  3. DaveSEO75

DaveSEO75 Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you PM me your landing pages? I'd like to have a look. Thanks

DaveSEO75, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  4. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, not everyone is successful with Clickbank.

Yeah, a visual optimization would help lots. Testing is what makes or breaks you though -- what you might think would convert best doesn't always do so.

Mine? Nope. :]

scottmweaver, Nov 5, 2008 IP
  5. get2nd

get2nd Peon

Best Answers:
    Did you research your competitors first? Identify your competitors and see which one is getting a good ad position. Also check their domains on a whois directory to find out how old their domain is. If they have had the domain for quite some time then its a fair indication that their campaign is bringing them money.

Then have a look at their landing pages or review pages and make a better one than theirs (don't just copy word for word =) ). When making review pages its best if you've actually used the product because your review is more personal. But its not necessary as you can get a lot of info from the salespage itself.

All the best in your marketing efforts.

get2nd, Nov 5, 2008 IP
  6. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    You bring up a great point. This is certainly one of my tactics and is recommended for an edge on the competition.

Yeah, just make sure not to copy anyone. That pisses people off for sure.

scottmweaver, Nov 5, 2008 IP
  7. redmonkey

redmonkey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What's your average EPC? and are you doing search or contextual?

I'm kinda want to jump in clickbank, but what's the refund rates?

nice thread

redmonkey, Nov 24, 2008 IP
  8. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks.

All these things vary per product you push.

Refund rates for the products I push don't suck. They're around 5%.

scottmweaver, Dec 19, 2008 IP
  9. BlackTactics

BlackTactics Banned

Best Answers:
    good advice here on this thread !

BlackTactics, Feb 25, 2009 IP
  10. lroes57

lroes57 Peon

Best Answers:
    Mind if i but in just looking for some friends around here. Im still working on my landing page. I have also been researching for the past week for free ebooks and stuff.

lroes57, Feb 25, 2009 IP
  11. mitz

mitz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good luck to you. I wish I knew where to start with all this and what to sell...Oh and how to sell it...But after learning how to build webpages, get traffic and SEO, then make money with adsense, my head is spinning...Maybe I should have skipped the adsense learning and checked out the clickbank stuff instead.

mitz, Feb 26, 2009 IP
  12. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Agreed.

Good deal. If you want to get up to speed on things, I have a lot of free info on my blog. I put a lot of work into it for just that reason.

I actually started out with AdSense myself and do both. There's no reason (usually) why one can't complement the other.

Learning how to choose what to sell is like an acquired sense of taste for something. At first, you have to either just pick something and try it or take advice from someone who is doing well with it at the moment.

The best advice is to just pick something you'd actually buy and try selling that. It's much easier to sell something to someone else when you actually believe it will work.

scottmweaver, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  13. GeorgR.

GeorgR. Peon

Best Answers:
    that thread is OLD. OP is asking for advice.

My Advice for ClickBank and Adwords is: DONT DO IT.

There are several reasons why:

Unless you have a super great converting pre-sales review page, clickbank conversion on AVERAGE (for many, many products) are like 1:85. Its can be better, it can be worse. But getting 85 clicks and ONE sale is very often observed.

Now look on adwords and look at the current niches like fat loss, green energy, acne, whatever.

If you're lucky you can get bids for $0.40 and $0.50.

99% of all clickbank products pay under $30. Its just not possible to make big profits spending $0.40/click on 1:80 conversion rate where you get BARELY $30.

For clickbank, the best is that you rank some site high in google and get natural traffic. have a good review site which looks "legit" and have some banners on the sites up.

The other thing is to do some serious article marketing - instead of doing keyword research for adwords use the keywords you find for EZA articles and submit DAILY high quality articles to EZA.

Work on your backlinks, SEO. Get backlinks to your articles and sites.

The ONLY people telling you that clickbank and adwords is "easy" are vendors...they dont have ANY clue and they dont care if you lose money on adwords, its your money. proof they dont have a clue is if you check their affiliate material and they tell you to use keywords like "make money"...or keywords where its very obvious there is no fricking way they work on adwords. In addition most vendors claim how great their products convert 1:15 or 1:20....but i have NEVER seen a product/page converting that great.

Also...forget Google content network....because also on content for some niches you need to bid (ALMOST) as high as on adwords search network. Adwords is good for CPA where people just need to do a single site sign-up or email submit...but its BAD for clickbank. And i say this as someone doing CB/Adwords for at least 3+ years now, so i am not talking out of my *** :) CB niches and keywords also saturate very quick...eg. you can look how bids for "green energy" niches have increased now to like $0.90..for a product which pays $30 :) <---- people..do the MATH!!

GeorgR., Jul 2, 2009 IP
  14. ParthS

ParthS Peon

Best Answers:
    Good points GeorgR, last year I blew $800 on PPC marketing. Right now i'm getting great results by combining PPC, article marketing, blogging, and email marketing. I think too many people just rely on one thing to get them results. You actually need to do more than just send people to product page to be successfull with CB.

ParthS, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  15. DPParadise

DPParadise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    GeorgeR, how is it possible after all you just said having 2 links promoting CPA (I assume with PPC) in your sig where payouts and PPC battles WAAAYYY too harder than on CB ?:)

DPParadise, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  16. anglefourfivemedia

anglefourfivemedia Banned

Best Answers:
    dude that was the greatest fck'ng post I've read all week! Thank you for the USEFUL info!!!!

Question: I'm planning on writing 90 articles in 300 days with three user ids on EZA for one CB product (health and fitness). In the past I get an average of 50 views for 1 article every months.

What do you think I can expect from this?

Here's my math on my projected earning in a three month period, and please any of your advise would be appreciated.

90 articles x 50 views per article x 3 months = 13500 views

Let's be conservative and say that my vendor pays $20 and has a conversion ratio of 50:1, and I'm working with a redirect from my author sig page to my CB landing page.

(EZA URL Clicks CTR 20% x 13500 views) x .02% conversion ratio = 54 sales

54 sales x $20 = $1350 a quarter (3 months)

Does that seem like I'm covering it... this seems like too much copywriting time to invest and not enough ROI!!!

Am I missing something?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2009
    anglefourfivemedia, Aug 21, 2009 IP
  17. rickmci

rickmci Active Member

Best Answers:
    Landing pages are a two edged sword. They help with scoring for PPC, but do not allways help with conversions. Has been my experenses anyway..

rickmci, Aug 21, 2009 IP
  18. sp33dr4ge

sp33dr4ge Peon

Best Answers:

here's some good numbers for you. I've written a lot of articles. On average my return is 1 sale per 5-6 articles over the course of the last 450 articles. I pay about $3-$4 per article (I outsource)

Do the numbers and you'll see what that comes to. I don't mess around with $30 products because the margins are too small. I play with rebills and $49+ comissions only.

sp33dr4ge, Aug 21, 2009 IP
  19. party

party Peon

Best Answers:
    Here is long lesson for me. thx.

party, Aug 21, 2009 IP
  20. DPParadise

DPParadise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why people constantly say to OP - don't do PPC, if I am not mistaken he made around $500/day in profits if not more lot of times.

DPParadise, Aug 21, 2009 IP