1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Weird Sales Fluctuations

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by bl4ckmaN^, Nov 2, 2008.

I simply don't understand how this kind of sales fluctuations can happen.

There is a product, which converts usually about 1:40 for me, and there was a week, when I thought, I finally established my sales for this product, because I was making 1-2 sales a day.

The landing page is the same.
    I'm getting the same amount of organic traffic for the same keywords.

However, I haven't made a single sale for the product for almost a week now, after getting 1-2 daily sales....

I understand, if there would be some little gaps, like few days, between sales, but a whole week with zero, it's just weird.

Do you call this "normal sales fluctuation" or what? :confused:

bl4ckmaN^, Nov 2, 2008 IP
  2. wowhaxor

wowhaxor Banned

Best Answers:
    Somtimes this will happen to me. I chalk it up to the specific traffic that I'm targeting. I believe that with some products it dries up fast, you keep getting people who are interested but maybe people looking at those key phrases have already purchased or competition has increased. I usually try to do what's working constantly and then try new stuff (with the same products) as what is working now never seems to last more than 3-4 months tops for a specific product with me.

wowhaxor, Nov 2, 2008 IP
  3. Patchkaa

Patchkaa Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah I'm getting some good and bad weeks too. this week is abit slow but elections are on in the states and I'm making some new campaigns as well.

Patchkaa, Nov 2, 2008 IP
  4. fallingforme

fallingforme Peon

Best Answers:
    I have 4 products out. Not on has made a sale in the last 3-4 days... From making sales everyday to this.

Then again like patchkaa said the election could be the problem.

fallingforme, Nov 2, 2008 IP
  5. kinitex

kinitex Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My publisher account is breaking records today, yet my affiliate sales would be ZERO if it weren't for a rebill I got. Could just be a bad day after the halloween partying last night. Regardless though I dont really have bad weeks, they are pretty consistent. Bad days though, yes of course.

kinitex, Nov 2, 2008 IP
  6. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, if it would be 2-3 blank days, I would understand as normal fluctuation, but a zero week is something not normal...

7. HiddenCrimson

HiddenCrimson Peon

Best Answers:
    I know exactly what you mean. These fluctuations are just downright abnormal and to be honest I still don't think CB is 100%. There are people still making a killing and then there are those like me who are experiencing long dry periods after receiving consistent sales everyday and making basically nothing.

HiddenCrimson, Nov 2, 2008 IP
  8. hamidap

hamidap Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I think it's a Clickbank problem again. I have the same traffic and hops as normal, but I've gone from an average of $200-$300 a day to less than $50 for the last 3-4 days. Not good...

hamidap, Nov 2, 2008 IP
  9. bl4ckmaN^

Best Answers:
    The only "problem" I can think about is, as Patchkaa said, the US elections...

10. web_18designer

web_18designer Peon

Best Answers:

Same story, different day. Clickbank is really going downfall. I emailed them last week since my sales were really screwed and strangely enough I recieved a reply from one of their senior customer care team. Apart from this, the day after my email my sales have at least tripled! coincidence?

Clickbank Support said the below:

- Their payment processor have been checked 3 times by them to verify that everything is fine and thers nothing wrong with valid credit cards being declined....(Ehhh?? Im still recieving email from customers that cant buy even now!)

- He explained that they have a new tool that calculate the average trends of sales and he said that my sales have actually increase during these weeks...(Ehhhh? cool tool, most of us have been using such tools since we were kids...)

- He also said that attached to the email thers the report which shown my sales increase, before average of 1 sale a day and now im 2 sales a day......(Ehhhh? ..Attached to the email there was nothing, and he said that the report is of account xxx, which is not mine, apart from that in previous months i used to break the 100 sales a day...!!)

Anyways, the kid dont know whats hes doing, and this was a "senior". I send him a nice reply with like 2000 words backed up with statistics and suff and no replay since then, and i bet that ill never hear from him again....

web_18designer, Nov 2, 2008 IP
  11. mill123

mill123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i had someone say last week there were paypal processing problems.

im not having any issues at the moment tho! all pretty steady here.

mill123, Nov 2, 2008 IP
  12. Patchkaa

Patchkaa Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah well everyone in the states is in election mode so the next few weeks might be alittle low but next month should be awesome as everyone is switching to xmas mode!! Be patient guys I think something big is gonna happen for us affiliates around the corner!!

Patchkaa, Nov 2, 2008 IP
  13. NCMedia

NCMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey guys,

I would normally NEVER do this anymore, however I feel it is appropriate here - Below is a screen shot from a while back that I gave to an associate for some inspiration - huge days down to small days up to huge days... Fluctuation SUCKS on all levels but it IS possible that it is not clickbank, and it is possible that it's TOTALLY clickbank. I experience random fubar fluctuations on xx accounts as pub and aff, if you go a whole month without a sale while getting 100-200 targeted hops a day, that would be an epic fail and for shizzle problem with CB or publisher or payment processor (paypal is behind CB, not just as a payment option, but the whole CB platform RUNS on paypal - they don't say/use their name, they refer to them as 'their payment processor' but it's paypal)... Alternatively, if you're getting 1000+ targeted hops a day to proven campaigns (more than just one), then yes even a few days would be enough to be able to point a finger....

HOW IS THIS FOR FLUCTUATION?!

[​IMG]

NCMedia, Nov 2, 2008 IP
  14. GeorgR.

GeorgR. Peon

Best Answers:
    Chezzzuss NCM...what do you do to get such numbers? I would kill for such CB earnings..

GeorgR., Nov 2, 2008 IP
  15. UltimateFreebies

UltimateFreebies Peon

Best Answers:
    I usually make a sale every single day. This week - Zeros across the board. Not only that, but I had a refund come through, so I'm actually negative for this week.

Flucuation? Maybe, but something leads me to believe there are issues again, as I am still sending the same amount of hops through, but NOTHING is converting. Links have been checked countless times, and my aff id is always on the bottom of the checkout page when I test it.

Who knows what's up? I'm just gonna take a break from promoting CB products for a week or so until things start looking back up.

UltimateFreebies, Nov 2, 2008 IP
  16. GeorgR.

GeorgR. Peon

Best Answers:
    the scary thing, people complaining about issues again, NOT only here. I read about CB problems also on other eb master forums. Btw. look at your PUBLISHER sales...and look at your AFFILIATE sales.
    Can it be that publisher sales are ok..but affiliate sales right now are stalling?

GeorgR., Nov 2, 2008 IP
  17. web_18designer

web_18designer Peon

Best Answers:
    i have seen much more sales with "no affiliates" in my reports lately...

web_18designer, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  18. bl4ckmaN^

Best Answers:
    I guess, that's publisher's account and probably that's normal for the product owners, because you never know what kind of stuff affiliates are doing to promote your product. Sometimes you get more affiliates, sometimes the old ones stop promoting, etc

However, in case, when you are an affiliate, and if you get that kind of sales fluctuations, then obviously, that's abnormal...

I see so many affiliates complaining about unstable sales (Supper, anyone?) and in the meantime, others are saying their sales have doubled.....Of course, I understand we are in different niches, different products, but for some reason, I think that's NOT the only matter.

bl4ckmaN^, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  19. DaveSEO75

DaveSEO75 Peon

Best Answers:
    Halloween been a really dizzy week..my sales dropped quite a lot.

DaveSEO75, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  20. antantnz

antantnz Member

Best Answers:
    for the record i have crazy fluctuations too ... and have been quietly wondering to myself if there are some cb issues or if it is just normal fluctuations ...

but in the bigger picture, economy and elections will definitely be having an impact on people's buying habits ... potentially people are more inclined to browse but less inclined to buy ... who knows ...

but let's face it, if norb's earnings can vary by as much as $2100 on a day, then it's more than likely our sales will vary by smaller amounts!

antantnz, Nov 3, 2008 IP