1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Clickbank journey is failing

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by Jawn, Oct 31, 2008.

Hello guys,

I dont often post here well actually never :), i usually lurk here everyday and read some posts.

Let me explain my clickbank journey a bit. It all started when i saw a topic in the service section of DP where a member of DP sold a personal guide to clickbank affilation. It seemed right at the time so i bought the package for $3000. He then guided me a couple of days explaining every step closely.

I learned quite a few things but im still failing big time, after a few weeks when i was ready to go and launch my landing page and sending in articles to ezinearticles this DP member barely had the time to help me.
    It was almost impossible to reach this guy when i needed him at most so now im stuck big time. I have invested over 6000$ on this and has gotten me 7 sales! not bad eh?

Here's my ezine stats

Article(s) Views:18,902
    Profile Views: 743
    URL Clicks:1,922
    Comments:3
    Votes:19
    Live Articles:234

I stoped sending in new articles because it gave me nothing, there's another problem. I currently sit on 1300 unpublished unique 500-600 words articles built on long tail keywords, mostly within weight loss and muscle building.
    I also forgot to mention that i have another 400 on its way...

Im kinda lost right now not sure what to do.

I have a landing page, i have articles, i have submitted quite a few articles without any success. It would be dumb so submit another 500-1000 articles without results. I have not tried social bookmarking yet is that a crucial part in article marketing?

Sorry about the long post.

Jawn, Oct 31, 2008 IP
  2. mill123

mill123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    sounds like you really need to try something different and SB is probably that thing.

if you are managing (and say you do have quite a stockpile) to pump out the articles then you are already over the hardest part (imo! cos i cant write to save myself!).

you need a plan. lemme see if i can find this graphic.

http://www.smartwealthcreation.com/dp/nichedominationtherightway2.jpg

something like that. basically submit your articles, create some hubs and lenses. then SB like you have never done before.

win.

mill123, Oct 31, 2008 IP
    Merk13 likes this.
  3. 2-4-K

2-4-K Peon

Best Answers:
    My gosh .. $3000 as the first step into IM & Affiliate marketing is quite a big investment.

Maybe you need to also consider a different niche considering the changing financial times we are in.

In tight times people stop buying luxury items and only get neccessities..

Good luck

2-4-K, Oct 31, 2008 IP
  4. Jawn

Jawn Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you mill123 for the image, i will try the social bookmarking way and hopefully it will work out.

Is there any social bookmarking services?

Im abit confused, well its more clear now than before. at start i thought the ezine readers would give me the sales which was not the case hehe

After doing a lot of link building to articles and lences etc will it then make my landing rank well in google or thats just something i should ignore and focus on just getting my articles ranked higher instead?

Jawn, Oct 31, 2008 IP
  5. mill123

mill123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    mill123, Oct 31, 2008 IP
  6. Patchkaa

Patchkaa Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds like you got scammed dude by that DP member!! Don;t ever buy anything for that price coz usually they are scams!

hmmm lemme guess? NCMEDIA?

Patchkaa, Oct 31, 2008 IP
  7. Jawn

Jawn Peon

Best Answers:
    Im aware that its a lot of cash but i dont mind investing in valueble information ( trying to convince myself that its not a money loss :) )

I figured that weight loss and muscle building is something that will always sell there for im puting my energy into those subjects.

Well after a recession there's a economic upswing maybe even a boom :D

Jawn, Oct 31, 2008 IP
  8. Jawn

Jawn Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you! will have a look at their software!

I dont see it as a scam, he gave me very valueble information, i dont want to point fingers but hes a reputable member here on DP.

Jawn, Oct 31, 2008 IP
  9. shand0

shand0 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Change the niche, unique niches would be good with similar amount of articles you submitted in EzineArticles.

shand0, Oct 31, 2008 IP
  10. Capler

Capler Peon

Best Answers:
    Your article CTR should optimally be about 3-5 times higher (around 40%). Also, that that amount of articles and clicks, something sounds very wrong. A 0.0036% conversion rate just isn't right...

Hard to say with the lack of info. All I can say is you should be sitting on a gold mine with that amount of content. Start a blog, post 1 or 2 daily, get the traffic to YOUR site, not ezinearticles!

Capler, Oct 31, 2008 IP
  11. Bonus4You.info

Bonus4You.info Peon

Best Answers:
    You invested $3000 to buy a package and still think you haven't been scammed. That DP member should be a good seller and his brain washing work is also great!
    Maybe I should sell my profitable campaigns to someone for $100000000000000000?

Bonus4You.info, Oct 31, 2008 IP
  12. megarudy

megarudy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don`t think I`m reading this thread correctly...... my eyes are probably not good right now. Are you telling us that you paid $ 3000 for a package and you only got 7 sales from what you've learned from it.

Do you really mean $ 3000 like $ 3000. Just by curiosity.... Who sold you this package?

Dude, you could learn a lot of things here for free and you could invest tht money in a PPC campaign or something else.

megarudy, Oct 31, 2008 IP
  13. inzpiration

inzpiration Active Member

Best Answers:

WTF man, he's not a scammer, really don't make false accusations without basis. You dont even know dude. who do you think you are! anyway, you already think you're an experts but you're still a fuc*#"ng Noob dude.

inzpiration, Nov 1, 2008 IP
    FredrikMH likes this.
  14. hamidap

hamidap Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I hate to see people put so much money and effort into something and get nothing in return - $6000 is alot of money and there's so much free information available here and at other marketing forums. There are plenty Clickbank affiliate guides available for less than $100. Was his entire strategy just article marketing?

Your article views and CTR are pretty low for the amount of articles you've submitted - you should be aiming for 20-30% CTR .

If you posted a link to your landing page or some of your articles maybe we could give you some advice, otherwise there's not much we can do as we don't really know where you're going wrong.

Those two niches you're in are two of the hardest niches to be in though because there are so many authority sites and experienced marketers in these niches. These are two niches you should be building a list in, building a relationship with your readers and becoming an authority in the niche.

hamidap, Nov 1, 2008 IP
  15. Patchkaa

Patchkaa Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah not a wise move spending that mch money on training, lots of free info here to read!!

Patchkaa, Nov 1, 2008 IP
  16. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Tell me at least one product of NCMedia, which is a scam....:rolleyes:

2 Jawn

You're probably concentrating too much on Ezine alone....Don't forget that your articles are only short-term income, if you don't get ranked them high in search engines.

You may want to start building backlinks to your articles, or set up your own site, and build backlinks to that site, if you don't want to make Ezine happier, lol.

bl4ckmaN^, Nov 1, 2008 IP
  17. kakarotoni

kakarotoni Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Patchkaa as funny as that was, (made me laugh) I think NCmedia is a genius and he has contributed a lot to this forum. He has given out a lot of free advice. So give the guy a break.

kakarotoni, Nov 1, 2008 IP
  18. www.infoebookstore.co.uk

www.infoebookstore.co.uk Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you confirm it wasn't Norb?

If not Norb then Patchkaa should be banned for his comment.

19. FredrikMH

FredrikMH Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have also tried EzineArticles alone and it just don't work in those niches. I'm in similar position as Jawn and I don't think his investment was bad choice. We know too little and assuming is not a good idea.

What would you do if you:
    - Had access to get a lot of unique backlinks quickly without much effort
    - Had the same amount of unique articles as Jawn.
    - Had money to expand and advertise with

I don't see how Ezine alone can be a gold mine. It feels better to submit the articles to blogs and then social bookmark each blog post and build links to the blog and its post as well. But I don't know if I would link the blog posts to landing pages or directly to the clickbank products.

I'm also a lost rabbit :)

FredrikMH, Nov 1, 2008 IP
  20. Ganceann

Ganceann Peon

Best Answers:
    Ezinearticles alone is not a route to success... it is only one part of the jigsaw. The link of the diagram posted by Mill123 outlines other parts of the jigsaw from an article marketing view... but even then it still represents just a part of the overall route to success.

I would also join http://forums.nichechoppers.com and read up on the clickbank section as well as download Lemonarians bum marketing guide to help with article marketing.

On top of that, if you have money to invest it is also worthwhile considering PPC as a way to bring in some sales - but don't just jump into it and bid for every term under the sun. Instead, approach it more methodically and look at targeting a smaller selection of countries initially before growing the campaign.

You also need to examine your landing page + the merchants landing page as both of them could be contributing factors to low conversion... there are plenty of possible considerations and in some cases it could be the product itself needs to be changed.

Ganceann, Nov 1, 2008 IP