1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need your views on this matter..

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by SinghKinng, Oct 31, 2008.

I just completed my bachelors degree in business and like everyone else went to at least 10 interviews but failed terribly. Half of the jobs I went was rubbish, they advertised for something and offered me sales job which I hate to do. While getting this poor results, my online income was getting better.

Now I still going for a few interviews and doing quite well on internet. Which one should I choose?

a. Continue finding a suitable job and concerntrate on it. Maybe can earn money from net but only 30% of what I am earning now. Life will be busy.

OR

b. Just forget about working out there, sit at home and make money on the internet now and make progress in earnings every month. I will have more time to enjoy and spend with my family.

I am totally confused, as I know having a secured job out there will be safer than just depending on my online earnings.

A job outside in a good and reputable company will pay me 2500 in my currency. While working on the internet, I make $30 - $50 daily and it ends up being 2700+ a month in my currency.

So what will you suggest me to do?
    What will you do if you are in my situation?

Thanks a lot!

SinghKinng, Oct 31, 2008 IP
  2. adithya

adithya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest this..
    online earning is unpredicted niche...
    I know even jobs are unpredictable but atleast u will get some real job exp and u can survive

And the most important thing is socializing,mingling with people,colleagues ... u will loose ur social life if u earn via online :)

adithya, Oct 31, 2008 IP
  3. SinghKinng

SinghKinng Banned

Best Answers:
    That is a very good point. But I prefer to work online because it is much more interesting and less stress. However i am still stuck in making this decision.

SinghKinng, Oct 31, 2008 IP
  4. niko250

niko250 Banned

Best Answers:
    perhaps you can combine 2 job and then see what suits you most

niko250, Oct 31, 2008 IP
  5. SinghKinng

SinghKinng Banned

Best Answers:
    I combined both but it is very tiring and I won't have enough time at all to do anything else.

SinghKinng, Nov 1, 2008 IP
  6. DarkX

DarkX Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you able to live on $2500/month? If so, then I don't see the point of doing 8 hours day job, and it appears you don't like the job either.

What I would do is, have enough funds in bank to live for at least 6 months ($15k?) before quitting the job, just in case something goes wrong with the Internet business.

I guess you had a bad experience. I find myself having more time for social life if I work online.

Good luck in whatever you decide to go with. :)

DarkX, Nov 1, 2008 IP
    Smyrl likes this.
  7. marlonpowell

marlonpowell Active Member

Best Answers:
    You might concentrate on your online income. Try another thing, post your resume to good job sites. While you are online, you can check replies from them. Prepare for interviews once or twice in a month. That will not harm your attention on either way.

marlonpowell, Nov 1, 2008 IP
  8. lycos

lycos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you find a job which offers you a long term career, then go for it even if it means abandoning your online business. If you can't, then just stick to what you are currently doing right now. Go for whichever is better.

lycos, Nov 1, 2008 IP
  9. cherry30

cherry30 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd go for A but while waiting, you could do B. It is a win-win for you.

cherry30, Nov 1, 2008 IP
  10. alexa_s

alexa_s Peon

Best Answers:
    I would (and will) do that. I have another couple of years to go at university but am self-supporting now and intend never to get a "job" at all. I wouldn't dream of it, in fact.

I think you have a lot to lose and nothing valuable to gain by applying for jobs.

alexa_s, Nov 1, 2008 IP
  11. KASHIF AZEEM

KASHIF AZEEM Banned

Best Answers:
    i agree with darkx

KASHIF AZEEM, Nov 1, 2008 IP
  12. KASHIF AZEEM

KASHIF AZEEM Banned

Best Answers:
    i agree with darkx

KASHIF AZEEM, Nov 1, 2008 IP
  13. drjupitor

drjupitor Banned

Best Answers:
    The idea should be to have a regular day time job and have this online business as part time. once you are sure of this online earning and it is about 3-4 times your regular job earning then you can leave the regular job get online involvement full time.

drjupitor, Nov 1, 2008 IP
  14. web_hunk

web_hunk Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you should go for a job and keep online income as a part time thing. I find a job better than staying at home as I get to interact with a lot of people and get to learn new things. But it depends on you as well.

web_hunk, Nov 1, 2008 IP
  15. Krutoy

Krutoy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think working at home and get nice income is each person dream.
    I would prefer to stay at home without a BOSS that sit on your head and watch every move you do.

But its up to you.
    Try to mix, Get a normal job and also keep working at home - kinda hard but give it a try.

Krutoy, Nov 1, 2008 IP
  16. SinghKinng

SinghKinng Banned

Best Answers:
    DarkX, thank you for the view really appreciate it. Your idea of having 6 months is good but I didn't have that much time to save money. Thank you again and have a goodluck to you too.

I am currently doing that to be exact. I am just taking things easy but cannot be too easy because I have to support my family.

I want to earn money from internet for a long term, I don't know but is it possible?

Yes both is a win-win situation but I need to choose the best option, my future depends on it. :)

I don't understand what you trying to say here.

Thank you but double posting is againts the rule.

3-4 times more than regular job is kinda impossible to be honest. Earning double is a better target for me.

Interaction and social life seems to be the problem when we stay at home. TBH i am having more friends on the internet (like u all) rather than in real world. That worries me..

I gave it a try but it is impossible because full time job I will take seriously.

SinghKinng, Nov 1, 2008 IP