1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Site map question

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by stocknsurf, Oct 30, 2008.

Hi,

Please let me know if I need to post this question under another topic.

My web site newszz.com generates/adds unique and new pages (or URLs) everyday with new content. It isn't possible to tell google every day about these new pages (either using SiteMap or some other mechanism).

So my question is how does google know that there are new pages being added to the site everyday and how does it get to those pages?

OR in much general terms, how does google index my pages - does it go to the root of the site and then start drilling down into the internal links using some kind of a tree traversal etc. ? Google hasn't indexed any pages so far. So I am concerned if it isn't a good idea to add new pages everyday.

Any ideas? Thanks.

stocknsurf, Oct 30, 2008 IP
  2. niceilike

niceilike Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google visits your site and starts following the internal links to find pages. It can also find your internal pages through 'deep' links on other websites (links to pages in your site other than your homepage). While a sitemap is not mandatory it is the only means you have to communicate with google and let them know what new pages you have added.

The best way to keep google up to date is with a sitemap. Once you have the sitemap up and running use Google Webmasters tools to let google know that you have updated it.

Google will check back on your site regularly depending on how popular your site is and how often it is updated.

niceilike, Oct 30, 2008 IP
  3. stocknsurf

stocknsurf Peon

Best Answers:
    That is a pain to keep up with the site map and update it in google webmaster tools, when there are too many new pages being generated everyday. Is there a automated way to generate the sitemap and upload it to google every day (without any kind of human intervention) whatsoever?

Thanks.

4. niceilike

niceilike Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can do it by running a cron job. Search this forum and / or google and should be able to find what is required.

There are also some sitemap generators that you can buy that can be automated.
    Check out: http://www.micro-sys.dk/products/sitemap-generator/

niceilike, Oct 30, 2008 IP
  5. stocknsurf

stocknsurf Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks. I will look into that. I am all for automation if you can do it. That is the perfect solution for software!