1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The BIG Wordpress Thread

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by JeremiaSK8, Jul 24, 2008.

1. JeremiaSK8

JeremiaSK8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I manage well over ... (I said I'm not going to share personal details :) ) well, let's just say I manage way more blogs than average bloggers.

If you use WP as a landing page, you can modify the theme anytime you want, and you can delete the PHP code of the date from the template easily. You can also remove the widget of archives from the sidebar of the blog, so visitors won't see previous posts on the site. One more thing: in many niches (like health, gardening etc) it doesn't really matter whether the blog post was written 2 days ago, or 2 years ago.

I've been in the blogging business since 2006, but I didn't know how to get traffic, make money with WP blogs back then.

P.S.: I don't use Wordpress for all of my sites, some are regular HTML sites, as I like to design and create HTML sites. I'm an old school web developer. :)

JeremiaSK8, Oct 26, 2008 IP
  2. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    I do own more than 200 domain names and lots of sub-domains

Maybe 50 domain names are used heavily

I am into online marketing for 7 years and I make between 5 and 10 K$ each month since my early online days

Because of the international economic crisis I think it's going to be tougher and tougher for independant online marketers

We have to diversify

Your thread is interesting even if there is some copy/paste and some BS

The reason why I bump your thread ;)

Lastbutnotleast, Oct 26, 2008 IP
  3. zk5182

zk5182 Active Member

Best Answers:
    thats an awesome tutorial thread for wordpress

zk5182, Oct 26, 2008 IP
  4. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Can i ask why please?

pipes, Oct 26, 2008 IP
  5. JeremiaSK8

JeremiaSK8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with you. (btw real estate business is not the best nowadays... :S)

I'm glad you think it's interesting. :D I hope it helps newbie bloggers who want to use Wordpress and don't know where or how to start.

I can demonstrate it with an example. Let's say I find a great, high ticket item, and as an affiliate I can make over $120-$150/sale. In this case if I push the traffic directly to the seller's website, and the product converts at 1:90, than I make $120-$150/90 clicks. If I publish Adsense ads on the site, not just the affiliate links, than at least 30%-40% of the people who would normally click on the affiliate link, well they'll click on one of the Adsense ads.
    If your website gets 200 visitors/day, and 10% (=20) of these people click on the affiliate link or ads, than you send 600 visitors per month to other sites.

Site with only affiliate ads:
    600 clicks on the aff. link -> the product converts at 1:90 and you get $120-$150/sale (let's say you get $135/sale) -> you sell 6-7 products in a month -> $810-$945 income

Site with affiliate ads and Adsense ads:
    65% of the visitors click on the affiliate link (390), and 35% of the visitors click on the Adsense ads (210) -> the product that you promote is still that high ticket item, Adsense ads pay around $0.8-$1/click -> $360 in affiliate sales + $210 in Adsense clicks = $570 income

Besides if another affiliate of that product advertises through Adwords, and collects the email addresses of the potential buyers, he'll make a lot more in the long term than you, as he can promote similar products to those potential buyers etc.

As I said earlier, it depends on the niche, on the product, etc. Maybe it wasn't the best example but I'm sure you get the point.

JeremiaSK8, Oct 26, 2008 IP
    Jenna Appleseed likes this.
  6. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you know a lot of affiliate programs where you can make over $120-$150/sale as an affiliate with a conversion rate of 1:90?

Lastbutnotleast, Oct 26, 2008 IP
  7. JeremiaSK8

JeremiaSK8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's why I said it wasn't the best example, but it was useful for demonstration. :)

JeremiaSK8, Oct 27, 2008 IP
  8. keltplayer

keltplayer Banned

Best Answers:
    Hey guys, is it possible to 'Make use feed/rss or whatsoever, i'm not good at all these :), to update your post automatically? Such as when a new news is posted somewhere, my site will be automatically updated too with the same content.

keltplayer, Oct 27, 2008 IP
  9. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    "over $120-$150/sale as an affiliate with a conversion rate of 1:90"

The demonstration is useless with an example like this

This is just bla-bla-bla

Lastbutnotleast, Oct 27, 2008 IP
  10. 010081

010081 Banned

Best Answers:
    wow great thread thankx for your effort

010081, Oct 28, 2008 IP
  11. JeremiaSK8

JeremiaSK8 Active Member

Best Answers:

If you think this example is useless, than think about this topic and let's see whether you can come up with a better example, instead of trolling. :p

Could I have used a better example? Yes.

Why didn't I use a better example? Because I was tired.

A better example, just for you, this time we examine things from an Adsense fan's view:

Let's say you have a blog about health insurance or another high paying niche, and your blog receives 200 unique visitors per day. Approximately 10% of the visitors click on ads on your site.

1. You mix Adsense, and an affiliate program for an ebook, that makes around $30/sale, the conversion rate of this ebook is around 1:120. 65% of the visitors click on the affiliate link (390), and 35% of the visitors click on the Adsense ads (210) -> the product that you promote is still that high ticket item, Adsense ads pay around $1.5/click -> $90 in affiliate sales + $315 in Adsense clicks = $405 income

2. You use only Adsense on your blog
    In this case all the clicks will land on the Adsense ads, which earns you $1.5/click on average. The CTR is still around 10%, because of the proper ad placement, proper ad setup etc. Visitors click on ads 600 times/month. -> 600 clicks on Adsense ads ($1.5/click) = $900 income

PS.: I don't know why I didn't use this example the first time, as it's much more realistic.

JeremiaSK8, Oct 28, 2008 IP
  12. olddocks

olddocks Notable Member

Best Answers:
    great post :D +rep

olddocks, Oct 28, 2008 IP
  13. JeremiaSK8

JeremiaSK8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, I appreciate it. :)

14. olddocks

olddocks Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thats for your hardwork. And, try to add in more themes in your list. You can find good collection of free wordpress themes in top-best-themes.com :D

olddocks, Oct 28, 2008 IP
  15. LarryMac

LarryMac Peon

Best Answers:
    Great post!
    The only thing is I had so much trouble with E-junkie, I switched to Digital Product Delivery.
    There were scammers on Ejunkie who were reversing payments after they downloaded the Product.

LarryMac, Oct 28, 2008 IP
  16. JeremiaSK8

JeremiaSK8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's not E-Junkie's fault, it's Paypal's fault. E-Junkie has other problems, eg: back in April-May there were many problems with their email servers, and many of my customers didn't receive any download link. It's not easy to to send out download links manually when you sell lots of digital products.

17. smartgirl

smartgirl Peon

Best Answers:
    smartgirl, Oct 28, 2008 IP
  18. JeremiaSK8

JeremiaSK8 Active Member

Best Answers:
  19. markov

markov Peon

Best Answers:
    Hats Off! Good post that is recommended to every one who is looking for Wordpress blogging.

markov, Oct 28, 2008 IP
  20. letsoc

letsoc Banned

Best Answers:
    definitely wordpress is the best blogging platform, i started with blogspot, but after i found wordpress i left blogspot

letsoc, Oct 29, 2008 IP