1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Tiherp - 6 Year Old PageRank 4 Directory

Discussion in 'Solicitations & Announcements' started by calum, Oct 22, 2008.

Hello

Tiherp is a quality 6 year old PageRank 4 directory.

At Tiherp, we pride ourselves on the following points:

• We are a Google PageRank 4 directory, proving that our links are very valuable.
    • Tiherp has been around for 6 years now. The domain is not dropped. This means you get benefit from search engines because you are linked to from an old domain.
    • Our inner pages have PageRank, so you don't have to have links on the front-page to benefit.
    • We are a high traffic directory with a custom template. This shows that we are different from the rest. We are not your standard directory made in five minutes. A huge amount of time and money has been put into making Tiherp a great quality directory with a custom design and features.

Even though Tiherp is such an old, established and high quality directory, we don't charge a huge amount for links. At time of posting, the current charges are:

Regular Links: $5 for a lifetime link
    Reciprocal Links: $2.50 for a lifetime link
    Featured Links: $10 per month

You see many directories with a lower pagerank that have just been set up charging much higher rates, so Tiherp is great value for money.

Have a look a Tiherp: Tiherp
    Submit a link to Tiherp: Submit

If you have any questions or queries, please send an email to

Calum

calum, Oct 22, 2008 IP
  2. mystikmedia

mystikmedia Jedi Master

Best Answers:
    "Featured links $10 1 Month" - That seems quite high. Is it a mistake, perhaps?

mystikmedia, Oct 22, 2008 IP
  3. calum

calum Peon

Best Answers:
    That was the original price, but we really want to make ourselves a "clients come first" directory.

I have taken on your feedback and halved the monthly price to $5/month. Is this more reasonable?

calum, Oct 22, 2008 IP
  4. mystikmedia

mystikmedia Jedi Master

Best Answers:
    If you had deep links, I would pay it... Are you handling the monthly billing with subscriptions through PayPal?

5. calum

calum Peon

Best Answers:
    What way could we introduce the ability to submit deeplinks?

The setting is turned on to allow the submission of deeplinks. Yes, all subscriptions are handled with a subscription in PayPal that you can cancel at any time.

If you send an email to we can also come up with a special deal for you (eg. pay in advance for a discount).

Thanks for your feedback :)

calum, Oct 22, 2008 IP
  6. mystikmedia

mystikmedia Jedi Master

Best Answers:
    Sure, I will drop you an email...

calum likes this.
  7. msbaby

msbaby Peon

Best Answers:
    Quick as lightning response and approval. Best wishes for success.

msbaby, Oct 22, 2008 IP
    calum likes this.
  8. Artifexus

Artifexus Guest

Best Answers:
  9. punkrazio

punkrazio Peon

Best Answers:
    not free not good :D

not all people can or want to pay for a backlink
    i think it should be at least a free submission to your directory

punkrazio, Oct 23, 2008 IP
  10. calum

calum Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the good feedback.

Find anywhere that says the directory is 6 years old?

The domain itself was registered 6 years ago, check the WHOIS. This alone gives a large amount of benefit.

The site used to be something else (like many sites, domains, directories) and that site is long gone. There are no traces of the old site in Google or anything and the new directory is established and has been so for a long time.

Please, if you have feedback or something you don't like then why not try asking me privately about it, then you can go posting in the thread once you know the full story?

You need to learn that not everything is free.

I know that not all people want to pay, that is why those people submit to free directories. Just because this is paid doesn't mean you should be ruining my thread.

You said "at least free submission", this means thats the minimum. What do you expect me to pay people to submit??

Anyway, there are tonnes of free directories here you can choose so have a look at those, you get what you pay for.

calum, Oct 23, 2008 IP
  11. punkrazio

punkrazio Peon

Best Answers:
    You could also give possibility to submit a website with reciprocal link for free

this is what i think
    im not ruining nothing at all

folks have budget to spend in paid directory probably will submit to it anyway

punkrazio, Oct 23, 2008 IP
  12. calum

calum Peon

Best Answers:
    We do have a reciprocal option that allows you to get a 50% discount when submitting your link.

People with a budget do submit their sites, thank you for your feedback though.

calum, Oct 23, 2008 IP
  13. wamchu

wamchu Peon

Best Answers:
    I've made mistake by cancelling payment but sent payment to your paypal. Can u pls approve the mobile site in my sig.

wamchu, Oct 23, 2008 IP
  14. calum

calum Peon

Best Answers:
    That's ok, your link for www.mediamobile.co.uk has now been approved.

If you need any help of this type in the future (eg. problems with payment etc.) then you can get a quick response by emailing

calum, Oct 23, 2008 IP
  15. vegabond

vegabond Shabu Anower

Best Answers:
    I don't understand how a non directory/old domain can increase your directory value :confused:

I own many 9-11 years old domain, should I start a few directory with them? Will you buy links from my directory?

You don't need an old domain to provide link value. You can do that with a new domain by maintaining quality, editorial integrity etc.

My 2c.

vegabond, Oct 23, 2008 IP
  16. calum

calum Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the feedback and discussion topic. I might actually start a thread in the main directories forum, it does seem an interesting topic.

Basically, I have heard many times that older domains and websites are more respected by Google, so links are worth more etc.

This could be fact or fiction, I only know it from what I have been told.

As I have said before, Tiherp offers many other great features. We decline and refund spam sites (many will just accept them because they got money), we have a custom template to make us different, we have been PR4 (and still are) for a long time and we will be introducing other features such as deep links shortly.

calum, Oct 23, 2008 IP
  17. vegabond

vegabond Shabu Anower

Best Answers:
    Yes, Google respect old domain but when a domain content has been changed and new content is not related with the old one then they will flag it IMO.

And when it becomes a directory, that's a plus point for flag the domain ;)

Best of luck.

vegabond, Oct 23, 2008 IP
  18. calum

calum Peon

Best Answers:
    I do understand what you are saying, but this site has been a directory for roughly a year now and has kept it pagerank every update and has had no problems from Google.

But thanks for the feedback :)

calum, Oct 23, 2008 IP
  19. Artifexus

Artifexus Guest

Best Answers:
    Yeah, the very first part of your post:

And the title of your post:

And you claim it's 'old:'

The words you chose to promote your directory would mean that your directory is 6 years old - it is not. That is a lie.

I have no problems with people putting a directory on an old domain. I also have no problem with people promoting a directory on an 'old' domain.

When you try to pawn your directory off as older than it is, you are deceiving and lying to people.

If you 'mispoke' then you should correct yourself.

How old is the directory exactly? I didn't notice any results in archive.org that show your directory.

You have a nice design and PR on inner pages (supposedly, I didn't check). That alone should be enough to encourage people to submit.

Lying and deceiving potential customers is bad for long term business.

Artifexus, Oct 23, 2008 IP
  20. calum

calum Peon

Best Answers:
    Number 1. The directory is over a year old.
    Number 2. The domain is six years old, bringing lots of benefits.
    It is an old domain, not dropped, old. Dropped domains are worthless, but this one never expired.

Over the top? I wasn't lying about anything. This is a quality 1 year old directory on a six year old domain. It is PR4, has survived several updates and the inner pages have PR as well.

No where did I lie, it is not what I do. Maybe some people misunderstood what I said. I also can't really correct myself with you attacking me.

It is over a year old. Also, archive.org isn't like the centre of the internet or something like you make it out to be.

The design, PR and inner pagerank are factors that we have worked on to make people submit. We are also focussing on including support for submitters by email to and stopping all spam.

I am not lying or deceiving anyone. I am pointing out the benefits of the directory:

• 6 year old domain
    • Established directory
    • Custom Design
    • PR4

You are really destroying your reputation by attacking people on a public forum. You have a right to say what you want, but you are way over the top and have could have said it in a much less aggressive way.

Now you've made your point that you think I am a lying bastard trying to make people think my directory is 6 years old. The fact is I am not. Tiherp is a quality directory with a high pagerank and custom design.

calum, Oct 24, 2008 IP