1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Read This Before You Make Anymore Blog Comments

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by TakeThat, Oct 21, 2008.

There are a million different designs, holding over a hundred million active blogs. Despite the endless things which make each unique, there’s one thing which nearly every one shares.

Comment Etiquette

TakeThat, Oct 21, 2008 IP
  2. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I like how you put 'your own house' and 'in another's house'. Heh.

I wrote How to get backlinks from forums and blogs and not be labeled as a spammer and hold by it... though, the way you wrote your blog post adds much more then I did on many levels. While yes, adding content helps, but on a more personal level, respect can go a looooooong way.

Thank you for sharing!
    Q

Qryztufre, Oct 21, 2008 IP
  3. Pinyo

Pinyo Peon

Best Answers:
    I left a comment on your blog. Another thing that really bothers me is when people use "keywords" instead of their username. I think that's really poor etiquette and I have marked many of these commenters as spammers.

Pinyo, Oct 21, 2008 IP
  4. topsearchresult

topsearchresult Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it bothers a lot of bloggers. I would consider it SPAM myself and would delete the post.

topsearchresult, Oct 21, 2008 IP
  5. AngelaE8654

AngelaE8654 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I completely agree with this. I find 30 High Page Rank backlinks for my subscribers every month and some of these are blogs, but I do not advocate the keywords-as-name practice. If people want their chosen anchor text then they need to do this sort of thing where it's actually allowed, such as signature lines in forums and on their own blog posts and the like.

AngelaE8654, Oct 21, 2008 IP
    snowbird likes this.
  6. puti1

puti1 Member

Best Answers:
    I think bloggers find it hard to swallow when people use keywords as usernames. I wonder how this strategy can work because without keywords, the value of commenting goes down. But of course, you still get some link juices going your way (but really untargeted).

Any one has a good way to overcome this? I will be more than happy to hear.

cheers

puti1, Oct 21, 2008 IP
  7. mirha494

mirha494 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have also noticed this but the value of Anchor text cannot be overemphasized enough. It would be nice to know if there is some technique you could use to overcome this one.

mirha494, Oct 22, 2008 IP
  8. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Sometimes it's not all that hard...

Dog Freak would help a dog site, SEO Master could help a webmaster. If the username has the keyword, yet still looks like a username I'll often allow it. Though, I'd never expect something like Dog Forum or SEO Tips to be applicable usernames... It also helps, if the same keyworded username is the same one on the site it's linking too.

Like I'd allow Shawn to use Digital Point as his username on my blog, as that's his username here, but I'd not allow him to use Webmaster Forum.

Qryztufre, Oct 22, 2008 IP
  9. TakeThat

TakeThat Guest

Best Answers:
    Exactly, the recently annoying batch on my blog were something along christmas lights for sale, which is really annoying.

TakeThat, Oct 23, 2008 IP