1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

can i start business ?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by john-sahel, Oct 20, 2008.

hi iam 17years old and iam a student
    i have 200dollar and i wana start any business to make 200dollar every month can i do it ? any tips ?

john-sahel, Oct 20, 2008 IP
  2. wounded1987

wounded1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    invest in STOCKS :)

wounded1987, Oct 20, 2008 IP
  3. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Internet business such as website set up, designing, SEO, etc...........

lifeplayer, Oct 20, 2008 IP
  4. lacklusteridea

lacklusteridea Peon

Best Answers:
    start an adsense site

lacklusteridea, Oct 20, 2008 IP
  5. dexter.ss

dexter.ss Peon

Best Answers:
    im still running the business i started when i was 17. after all the paper work and start up costs i had about 200 bucks to start with :) online computer store, 20k first year while in school. its good stuff, get crackin

dexter.ss, Oct 20, 2008 IP
  6. Cobalt-Rose

Cobalt-Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    What does your 'online computer store' consist of?

Cobalt-Rose, Oct 20, 2008 IP
  7. ivogue

ivogue Peon

Best Answers:
    You need to spend more than 200 dollars

ivogue, Oct 20, 2008 IP
  8. Falling Down

Falling Down Banned

Best Answers:
    What are you thinking of getting into? $200 is a bit to start with, my gran offered $50,000 if I ever wanted to do something, but that's still a bit moderate in my opinion. You first need to figure out what you want to do, try looking into similar companies and see how they started out. You know, it's not just about buying a domain and hosting, it's more about being able to get someone to develop your product, how do you expect to deliver, how are you going to ship it out, how much are you willing to put into advertising it.

Falling Down, Oct 20, 2008 IP
  9. dexter.ss

dexter.ss Peon

Best Answers:
    i sold computer parts online to customers, i bought from a wholesaler and i was a reseller. i changed the business modle after all computer parts only give a 20% profit line. you dont really need any money. starting a business as a sole trader is only 175 bucks, register for tax and al that. run JIT. JUST IN TIME. customer buys then you buy stock express post same day... to easy... but i new how to build a website and got os commerce store and so on.

dexter.ss, Oct 20, 2008 IP
  10. Hagen

Hagen Peon

Best Answers:
    What kind of business do you want to own? You've got to figure that part out first. Do you have a business plan? A marketing plan? Mapping out what you're going to do and implementing it in an organized way will play a BIG part in determining whether you'll be successful or not. Figure that stuff out first, then put your plan into action.

Good luck!

Hagen, Oct 20, 2008 IP
  11. Sloth

Sloth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The whole "You have to have money to make money thing" is a myth, when spoken in general anyway. Yes, it does apply to many business (most businesses actually), but anyone who implies you have to have money to start up a business and make money is just setting you up for failure before you begin.

In fact, starting a business without any significant capital is a good thing for you. It helps you learn you don't have to go spend thousands of dollars to see a profit, and in larger business ventures, you will be successful for it.

That's the whole concept behind "bootstrapping". OK, say I have $200 dollars. I go buy a cheap lawn mower at a garage sale, enough gas to mow one or two yards, and print up a hundred fliers and hand them out. I get a few jobs, make a profit, and use that money to buy more gas, hand out more fliers, and mow more yards. Eventually I buy a bigger mower so I can do more yards, and switch to more effective advertising. Then using the money I made from that, move on to even more advertising, eventually hiring a crew and owning a large-scale business.

In fact, that's how most successful businesses were started. Dude, pizza hut was created by two people with $600 cash and a desire to succeed.

Start by thinking about what you are already good at, or what you know. If you're interested in service jobs, maybe you're good at fixing computers, or detailing cars (you can make $150+ for detailing an SUV!).

Maybe you can start up a blog or website for little or even no cost and make money from advertisements and affiliates.

Whatever you choose, if you work harder AND smarter, you will succeed. Map out your plan of action, put a lot of thought into it, and break your back working on it, and I guarantee you it will take off. :)

Sloth, Oct 20, 2008 IP
  12. Hagen

Hagen Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree. I think it comes down to whether you prefer to invest money or time. For example, online you can market your website by submitting articles, SEO, social bookmarking campaigns, posting on forums, using free classifieds, etc. None of that costs a thing, but it does take TIME, whereas with paid advertising like Pay Per Click, you can invest less time, but you have to spend MONEY. So it really depends on which is more important to you (time is money, afterall):)

Hagen, Oct 20, 2008 IP
  13. Aaron111

Aaron111 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Frank started a business you on your age is a primal stage of MLM leadership. I'm sure you could start with dozens of web applications on the web only to point you in the right their action. That doesn't mean thinking about Google pay per click ad sense and all the rest of these things are online today.

Learn how to do search engine optimization and keyword search for your niche come on over my way and I'll show you how to make Money easy fast for your future. PM me anything you'd like to know about multilevel marketing and how to make money simply by selling pet food official and coffee.

Sounds like fun hope it is because selling pet food is a $12 million a year business innovative.

The second innovate your most anticipated inclusion of sure that I have a web application for you to what help you build your business over the years by the time you're 20 you already be earning about $4-$5000 a year that income of sorry what I meant to say was $4to5,000 a month's

Aaron111, Oct 20, 2008 IP
  14. Sloth

Sloth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You sure you're talking about pet food and not alcohol buddy? :p

Sloth, Oct 20, 2008 IP
  15. cout12

cout12 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes you can!

I would probably start with some seo / affiliate marketing stuff as it's cheap/free and will teach you the ropes

cout12, Oct 20, 2008 IP
  16. Aaron111

Aaron111 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if you're a newcomer to multilevel marketing need to learn the ropes affiliate programs can earn you a large amount of money. Our not talking about had sensor add words or anything else which is talking about a simple sensible human business that people use every day such as pet food.

Now if you can grasp that has as simple as it sounds is as simple as can be.If you're asking this question in general it sounds like you have entrepreneurship skills and you. Now that says a lot about a kid who's only 17 years old I used to be in your shoes I was a entrepreneur for years I used to pump gas at a gas station to Penny to buy chili cheese fries and get a national launch school.

I think you hit it to the right place at the right time Internet teaches people a lot about making money online - making money as whole as being entrepreneurs and is highly skill level marketers.

never be afraid to ask anyone about earning money because multilevel marketing is actually $1 billion business is making people richer than they could ever imagine.

Aaron111, Oct 20, 2008 IP
  17. nopressurelife4me

nopressurelife4me Peon

Best Answers:
    Can anyone suggest a legit online business?
    I looked at tons of affiliate marketing programs and puzzled which one is the best?
    I was laid off and cannot find work for about 5 months now. This never happened to me before. I have to make money NOW to get out of debts.

Please help!

nopressurelife4me, Oct 20, 2008 IP
  18. mario2001

mario2001 Guest

Best Answers:
    If you want to do it you can do it.

I recommend you Affiliate Marketing is easy to start and does not cost anything.

Mario

mario2001, Oct 20, 2008 IP
  19. nopressurelife4me

nopressurelife4me Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you. Which one would you recommend?

nopressurelife4me, Oct 20, 2008 IP
  20. Hagen

Hagen Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm that's a tough one. It's not really "which program is the best?" You should be asking "What can I sell and how will I sell it?" Do you know how to research a product to find out if there's a demand for it? Do you know how to drive traffic to a website? Do you know how to lead people to buy once they're on your website? Do you have a business plan? A marketing plan?

Do you know how to write articles?

Do you understand Pay-Per-Click advertising?

Do you understand SEO?

Social bookmarking?

Joint Ventures?

I'm not saying this to discourage you, just to be sure you have realistic expectations about making money online, and a definite PLAN for how you're going to accomplish it. There's a HUGE learning curve that a lot of people take for granted when they get into this stuff. They think they'll be making enough money in a few months to live off of and that rarely happens.

Would you be willing to work at your affiliate marketing business for a few months without seeing anything in return? If you can do that comfortably, then affiliate marketing might be for you. You CAN make an extremely good living from it. But know what you're getting into beforehand. If you need money NOW, then it might not be the thing for you, and you might be better off assessing what skills you have and going with freelancing or something instead. I really hope that helps.

Hagen, Oct 21, 2008 IP