1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Jeff Paris (AKA phpl33t aka ITNashville) - big scammer, avoid

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tristanperry, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hey all,
    Unfortunately I'm having to make a thread in here (indicating I got scammed), as opposed to a post (i.e. offering support for someone who got scammed).

The person? Jeff Paris (aka phpl33t/PHP In The USA aka ITNashville).

I've been creating a text file of our dialogue (and other findings, etc) since I got fed up and PMed him saying enough is enough. Basically I signed up with Jeff Paris (when he was phpl33t/PHP in the USA) for a coding project - I paid $1000 for him to create a MMORPG (text based) for me.

Onto a copy and paste of the text file which should explain mostly everything (these is swearing - mods filter out if necessary):

So basically - avoid Jeff Paris (now "ITNashvilleCOM") at all costs. I don't mind losing $1,000, I just mind losing time thinking this scammer would pull through.

You may notice from the rip off reports page I quoted earlier that Jeff clashed with someone called Mike Mann a while back (NP thread. Mike Mann is definitely a scammer who messed Jeff around, however Jeff Paris ("phpl33t" in the NP thread) is a scammer - don't be fooled.

Jeff's had many identities before ITNashville (PHP in the USA/phpl33t, ZeroFunk, LiteracyEscapes.com, Poetry Lessons); I won't let him get away after a quick identity change and website re-code.

If Jeff does send the game or the money then that's fine (he won't, though), I just want to alert people to the fact that he's a sorry excuse for a business man (and Human, for that matter).

Regards :bah:
    Tristan Perry

tristanperry, Oct 14, 2008 IP
  2. libertygone

libertygone Active Member

Best Answers:
    i've used him before with no issues at all..
    sorry to hear

libertygone, Oct 14, 2008 IP
  3. tristanperry

tristanperry Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks :) Glad to hear he was good with you, although with me he just messed me around loads, taken $1,000 and then is trying to make it look like I'm in the wrong somehow. He's also got 5+ Rip Off Reports (before mine) about him.

Ah well, I won't lose sleep over it :)

4. Tox

Tox Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Has the 30 bussiness days described in his TOS already pass ? if not wait for that time, if that time has not passed then you must wait, I would sugest not to call him a scammer untill you are 100% he is one, because all you are going to do is really make this guy mad and then you will never see your money again, I know its hard it happen to me before but you need to wait for that time, hope you get your refund soon.

Tox, Oct 14, 2008 IP
  5. tristanperry

Best Answers:
    It's been over 30 business days now.

He originally said "30 days", and then this changed to "30 business days" (fair enough I guess). Hence I confirmed with him that the latest payment date would be the 10th of October (i.e. 30 business days from then) and he said "yes".

It's now the 15th of October - i.e. Jeff has lied yet again.

As I've shown, he's lied many times - I don't care anymore if I annoy him; he's wasted enough of my time (and money). As I've shown numerous times he's broken deadlines and promises, and overall he's a bad business man at the very least (but I personally think he's simply a scammer; no "business man" could be this bad)

6. coderbari

coderbari Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why did you give him that much money without full development of the project? I don't know what kind of agreement you made with him. Normally client should give 30%-40% as upfront and rest of the money + bonus(if he wishes) after the coder completes the project. I think you'll agree that you're also a bad business man who gave that much money without the end product :D

coderbari, Oct 14, 2008 IP
  7. tristanperry

Best Answers:
    I did try making such an agreement and he said "I handle over $40,000 volume in coding projects; and so I don't do only 40% [etc] up front"

I agree it may have been best to walk away then, but I did check into him numerous times. Still not a great decision.

8. itnashvilleCOM

itnashvilleCOM Banned

Best Answers:
    As I told you, I have never scammed anyone and aint starting now. You left much out of your large post. You did not get your software because you began insulting me left and right. My terms of service clearly state 30 Business days. Not everyday, "business days" Also, I told you that I am just waiting for funds to clear, I had to transfer through 2 banks. I do not keep that much in my main checking or my paypal for security reasons. You are insulting, impatient, and you quickly point fingers. You pointed out my namepros.com account, notice my iTrader? How about asking Greenstalk, I have refunded her in the past as I have all customers who I have promised refunds to.

I ought to just send you the dang software and then ban you from emailing me your insults. I told you in the beginning, I work for intelligent customers, not jerks.

You constantly say that I ignore your emails and PMs, uh no I have replied to all of them. If gmail blocks some, that aint my fault. Gmail has had many issues and I TOLD YOU to email my itnashville.com email but you never have. I also do not log into DP that often so if I do not see your PMs, how will I answer them?

You need to grow up man, for real.

You have a problem with me? Go through the proper channels and take it up with me or I will have you in court for making libelous statements. You think I scammed you? Get a subpeona. By the time I meet you in court, the judge will laugh because your refund will have already come.

I ahve had hundreds of satisfied customers and it just takes one punk to ruin my hard work, thanks for being so mature. LOL you called the cops, hey dummy it is a civil matter. You have to go to court, which I truly welcome. You also kind of called the wrong cops, I moved about 5 months ago dude. I told you that, you said I was lying in order to delay things when I was moving.

Btw, a MMPORG the size of what you want takes about 6 months, but I must be lying about that too.

itnashvilleCOM, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  9. itnashvilleCOM

itnashvilleCOM Banned

Best Answers:
    He will either get the software or the refund, I never cheat my customers.

10. itnashvilleCOM

itnashvilleCOM Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks man, but he is leaving out half of the conversations. A bit biased. The kid just doesn't want to wait, I told him ahead of time that I had to wait for some transfers.

Next, my long since ex-girlfriend will be posting here calling me a scammer too. lol, she stalks the hell out of me and will love this retarded thread.

But, I am done with this thread, if he wants to cause scene, I am not supporting it. Heck, I think I will jsut leave DP, I have had a lot of cool customers here, but a lot of Jerks too.

11. tristanperry

Best Answers:
    I began insulting you only after the big PM. And that was because I taken loads of time and effort to get through to you, and you always treated me like crap and broken promises.

And yes, we've been through the whole "30 business days" argument. I worked it out - 30 business days from when you agreed to give me a refund was the 10th October.

I've been an intelligent customer - you've been the one breaking promises. Explain this then - how did the software go from "near completion" in March to "near beta release" on the 14th of July? Unless you're a really bad programmer, progress cannot go backwards?

You've ignored countless e-mails and PMs, stop lying. I've also tried contacting via your website's business form - are you therefore saying that e-mails sent via there don't work either? Surely you coded that form, hence are at fault for the e-mails that have magically gone lost? I also find it interesting that you originally kept saying you were replying to my e-mails, and I wasn't receiving them. Then you argued you didn't receive half of my e-mails. Now you are saying G-Mail deletes them? Nice back-tracking.

Refund please - as you agreed to give me. Or are you going to break yet another promise you made?

Rubbish. What have I left out? And I'm no kid - you're the one who was crying and swearing like a 12 year old via PM yesterday.

You left DP 4 months ago, remember?

You said on NamePros that you were done with this place forever.

Then you came back here.

Also, another contradiction on your part. You just said "it just takes one punk to ruin my hard work" and that you've had "hundreds of satisfied customers" - and then in the above quote you just said "but a lot of Jerks too". Another contradiction/lie. Which is it? One bad DP customer (even though I've done nothing wrong, only stand up to you after countless lies and broken promises) or 'lots of Jerks'?

Then why you told me "40 hours of coding" and "should be finished within 2 months" is beyond me.

And you still haven't answered the question: if this MMORPG was such a large project, why was it that you were "near completion, very tired" in March (i.e. just over 1 month after I signed up with you)?

tristanperry, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  12. itnashvilleCOM

itnashvilleCOM Banned

Best Answers:
    There is a a difference between those jerks and you. I grinned and beared it and either did their work or refunded them. I have refunded all who I promised a refund to.

The beta I showed you was nearly complete. You were just too lazy to try it all out since there was no design on it yet. Then you go crying that you wanted to change the agreement and change things around. It takes time to recode shit after someone tells you to do it one way and then cries later to do it another way.

When you get your F***ing refund, I expect you to appologize for posting this shit here and at namepros. I had many loyal customers at namepros who were happy with my work and you strutt in being a moron. I ought not give you shit, you just ruined my business for no f***ing reason. I told you 2 days ago that the transfer was just about complete for me to give your refund and then go post this shit. If I meant to rip you off, I would never have kept up communications this long you moron.

I am not a fuckign scam artist and there is no post at ripoffreport or anywhere else from a real customer, except for you. The shit you mentioned was from personal vendettas of old friends, not customers and you fracking know that!!

I never ever ignored you f***ing dork! This all coming from a kid who thinks I should work 24/7 and on weekends and holidays. If I did not reply on a Sunday, you fracking freaked out on me. Post the damn emails where you freaked out on me punk! It was constant! Some people have families and don't work every dman second of the day 265 days a year!

This is futile, you are a moron and when I refund you, I doubt you will have the balls to appologize for posting this shit. That is ok, I will post the damned paypal reciept and make you look REALLY stupid.

You posted this shit at namepros, I have never had a single bad iTrader there ever and you go posting an itrader after I told oyu 2 days ago that your refund is coming within days once the final transfer to paypal is complete. YOu are a piece of fracking work. I cannot even rebuttal there and you know that, one bad message gets a person blocked from posting and you being a coward posted where I could not rebuttal.

13. tristanperry

Best Answers:
    You haven't refunded me. You promised you would, by the 10th October. Either you're a bad business person who can't manage a payment within 30 business days, or you're a scammer?

It was 30% complete, and didn't contain any of the unique features you told me about. Stop lying.

When did I change the agreement? Please post the relevant e-mail(s) because this is news to me. We had an agreement on the 26th February 2008. Nothing changed since I sent the long PM and demanded a refund (which you agreed to, but then didn't deliver)

I'll apologise when I receive the refund, although I won't take back the fact that you have been a bad business man here.

You didn't tell me 2 days ago that the transfer was almost complete. 5 days ago you said "As soon as it clear, you will have it. about the tenth is right, if it a is a day or two after, then my appologies." - so, more lies?

You've lied to me, and broken numerous promises. At the very least you're been an awful business man.

Yes, you did ignore my e-mails.

And I don't expect you to work 24/7 - but I expect you to finish the project, and meet deadlines. You done neither.

If I receive a refund I will apologise. I'll be the bigger man - even if you're the one in the wrong here, I'll happily apologise for standing up to you and making you look (IMHO, rightly) bad.

14. itnashvilleCOM

itnashvilleCOM Banned

Best Answers:
    Bullshit you fricking goon, I emailed a reply 2 f***ing days ago, stop your f***king lying! If I am a scammer, then explain my good itraders and such. Scammers don't get good reviews or good iTraders you moron.

Screw this shit, I'm out. You are a fricking fruitcake.

15. tristanperry

Best Answers:
    You're unbelievable.

Anyway, I'll be the mature one and not swear/lie/break promises/act like you baby. I await your refund. You say the transfer is almost complete, so I expect it'll be sent to me before the week's end.

16. ads2help

ads2help Peon

Best Answers:
    Just don't send that much of payment before seeing the demo. Anyway, hope this will be settled soon. Peace.

ads2help, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  17. rochow

rochow Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, this is simply resolved - post the link to prove it's done/beta/whatever. If you do then he's lying, if you don't then you're lying. Simple :)

rochow, Oct 15, 2008 IP
    chandan123 likes this.
  18. itnashvilleCOM

itnashvilleCOM Banned

Best Answers:
    He's done admitted to seeing the beta. It only was missing a few features. I will post the link in the next few days, I am finishing up another project at the moment for a namepros member. I took it down thinking he could wait the 30 biz days for the refund, will reinstall once this customer is done.

19. itnashvilleCOM

itnashvilleCOM Banned

Best Answers:
    Act like a baby? Look what you fricking posted about me! You got me banned from namepros over this, it takes one complaint whether it is true or not to be banned there! You even gave me a bad iTrader there, even though you never once made a deal with me there. The deal was made here. Of course I am pissed, that was my only means of revenue and I have a family and a newborn baby you mindless fool. On top of it, you have done nothing but insult me since we made the deal in the first place.

A few of my customers have told you that I was good to them. Hell, how about this?

http://www.namepros.com/3081722-post6.html

or this, the only negative was from you!

http://www.namepros.com/traderratings.php?u=99830

20. tristanperry

Best Answers:
    That's true - I've learnt from my mistakes now.

The last beta I seen was 2-3 months ago, and it was 30% complete. However it's also worth noting that the MMORPG I had signed up for was for the $500 engine he's selling (see his website/portfolio for details of this), plus unique features (to make it worth $1,000). The beta link he provided only contained a core engine that was 30% complete. Hence the unique features (i.e. to make "my" version truly mine) hadn't even been started on.

If he does post a link, this just shows he truly was lying all along - he said in March this was near completion... as I've said all along, what, then, changed between "near completion" in March to "near beta" many months on?

Seeing a beta which was missing 70% of the core features. You said yourself that the beta you had provided (which was 30% complete) didn't have any of the unique features.

Either way, we've agreed on a refund. I expect this to be paid to me. Whether you've now finished the core engine or not doesn't matter - it's been well over 1/2 a year and you haven't even started on my project (i.e. what makes the core MMORPG engine different from what I paid for)

You've lied. Broken promises. Missed deadlines. Acted like a baby. Threatened me. Swore at me. Ignored me. And I'm paying $1,000 for this?

I think I have a right to be annoyed - whether you have happy customers doesn't change the fact that I've paid you $1,000 for receiving rubbish treatment and (thus far) a game that has barely been started.

You are either in a dream World or a scammer.

Edit: How have I "done nothing but insult you since we started"? I only insulted you from sending the long PM (asking for my money back) onwards. And that was, IMHO, fully justified.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.