1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is ClickBank Broke? (serious and highly topical)

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by samjaynz, Oct 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DPobserver

DPobserver Banned

Best Answers:
    How is it going with your other businesses like CPA or PPS real goods models ?

DPobserver, Oct 13, 2008 IP
  2. getjimmy

getjimmy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Good post dude and yes u r right about them.I hardly promote their offers now,infact i am doing much better with other networks with same traffic.

getjimmy, Oct 13, 2008 IP
  3. web_18designer

web_18designer Peon

Best Answers:
    Brother, clickbank is not broke but the economy is screwed right now, which is affecting sales greatly on some niches.

Some months ago clickbank announced a million dollar day in revenues (thats a million grand in revenues for just 1 day!) Clickbank is also a small company, under 50 people therefore with just 1 or 2 days maximum they can cover the employee costs for way over a year!

So, they have cash, and lot of it! Its not like clickbank is a start up, they have been earning millions for a long time and so its not an easy task to go broke when you have a big fat bank account:rolleyes:

web_18designer, Oct 13, 2008 IP
  4. lisa27

lisa27 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm sorry but those of you who are saying people are moaning because they aren't marketing right or whatever are completely wrong!

The mathematics is all wrong and there is definitley something wrong with clickbank this past week to 10 days.

Here's my analitcs for today so far, which are trypical of every day since clickbank has been wrong.

[​IMG]

Now, the day before all this clickbank problem started I doubled my ad exposure and doubled my hops per day.

I was averaging a sale every two days with half the exposure and hops, with double that I've had zero sales.

Something is wrong, I'm sending twice as many people to CB and my site is completely targetted at that audience but have had nothing back this week to 10 days.

Something is wrong and I'm not spending time and money on my site just to make money for clickbank :(

lisa27, Oct 13, 2008 IP
  5. kikker

kikker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    check these stats
    same campain , ads , keyword ,
    also same pozition
    the campain is 2 years old

Attached Files:

kikker, Oct 13, 2008 IP
  6. lisa27

lisa27 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing though I'm not sure what the relevance is, how have your sales been the past week and what's the time period for each of those graphs?

lisa27, Oct 13, 2008 IP
  7. kingbrend

kingbrend Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on what you're promoting too. If you're promoting some entertainment product, something people don't need right now, sales will suffer. If you're selling 'how to make' money eBooks, your sales will probably rise.

I also think it's a combination of the economy and crappy CB tracking.

Example... one product I promote that people need, they can't continue their business without it, sales are strong. But another product I promote it's focus is mostly to entertain.. sales are slow with it.

It's just how it is, learn and get stronger.

kingbrend, Oct 13, 2008 IP
  8. Swerd

Swerd Active Member

Best Answers:
    Many people don't know this but Clickbank donate A LOT of money to charity.

The guy up there who posted no sales after 160 hops.. Thats nothing and doesnt prove a thing.

I get 10's of thousands of hops every day - There are alway fluctuations in the amount of sales per day.

Some days an affiliate will convert 20 sales at 11 hops each, other days they will convert 10 sales at 20 hops each.

Clickbank is fine - Deal with it and improve your campaigns, explore other products, explore other traffic sources.

Swerd

Swerd, Oct 13, 2008 IP
  9. kikker

kikker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Swerd did you seen my stats
    same campain (the campain is 2 years old) same ads text same keyword same pozition

and conversation rate is 1/25 for 2 years

saturday was bad because of my campain.
    same period Lisa because i m not getting sales after 14.00 (maybe one or 2 )

kikker, Oct 13, 2008 IP
  10. lisa27

lisa27 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks kikker and Swerd first of all as you should have got from my name I am not a dude so there :p

And I am not talking about that one day, you need to read the whole post properly and do the math.

I was gaining on average a sale every other day with around 100 hops a day.

I increased my exposure and doubles my hops and for just over a week now had zero sales with double the exposure/hops.

That example is how it has been every day since this problem has started!

lisa27, Oct 13, 2008 IP
  11. Swerd

Swerd Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think If somebody doesnt want to purchase one day, it could be the same reason why many others dont want to purchase on that day.

Is your screen shot daily?

I think its good to average a campaign out over a week when checking stats.

eg. The past few days have not been great for me.. But if I average it out over a week with over 100,000 hops then the average conversion rate is as good as ever.

Im not saying CB never has problems though - I have had people email me before saying that their CC keeps getting declined.

Im just saying, it's not always clickbank.

Swerd, Oct 13, 2008 IP
  12. inzpiration

inzpiration Active Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly, there's something strange going on. That's for sure, but its not always CB's fault ;)

inzpiration, Oct 13, 2008 IP
  13. AffilateRook1

AffilateRook1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sales have become more random for me. I usually had steady days of about 1-5 sales. Now I go days without sales, and I also go days with making 5 day sales. It just has become more random, and i've said this before in other threads, its odd because my bounce rated has decreased nearly 30% on 2 sites I run, I'm getting more hits, I made the landing page a lot more professional, and my average time on site has increased.. whatever though tis probably the economy..

AffilateRook1, Oct 13, 2008 IP
  14. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    Market justice comes to mind. Subsidizing this behavior only encourages it.

I run a legit business and I care only about money. Speak for yourself.

Who gives a crap about revenue? Walmart does like 250 billion dollars a year, but their profit margin is 3%. Not saying a 6 billion isn't a lot, but revenue is a statistical masturbation. They're probably haven't done an IPO, so I doubt we'll ever know the profits, because that's the only number that counts.

Another "X" against Clickbank. I want a greedy business because I know they'll at least have things working.

Ditto, my sales have turned random as shit. When banks were collapsing, it was all good. New pay period 24th of September, I go into random chaos.

I might have to get a job because I can't pay the bills. Last pay period, I didn't even make threshold for the first time since I started.

Clickbank is negligent and they've lost me forever. It's as simple as that. I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt for so long. I ignored warning signs like there open acceptance of warez products and lame scamy products like W4G. And now they pull this shit. It doesn't even matter if they fix the problem.

Done with them. There links on my sites are slowly being replaced as I find replacements.

I hope they read this. They dropped the ball. What is the most frustrating is that they patronize you when you complain. I go from record sales, to a new pay period of zero after zero after zero day, I complain and sales magically start within minutes.

Yeah clickbank, I really "believe" you when you say it's a problem on my end.

Douchebags.

Supper, Oct 13, 2008 IP
  15. Patchkaa

Patchkaa Peon

Best Answers:
    Dude no one is standing in your way, if you cant handle it then go dude, instead of whining about ur sales it would be more productive to work harder and start reviewing your campaigns, its not clickbank guys , dont use them as an excuse for your shortcomings and failures, the most successful people in IM dont spend their time moaning and creating worthless threads in forums, they continue to tweak and refine their campaigns and even expand!!!

Patchkaa, Oct 13, 2008 IP
  16. rbf738

rbf738 Peon

Best Answers:
    Nope I'm pretty sure it's clickbank.

rbf738, Oct 13, 2008 IP
  17. NCMedia

NCMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This thread and others like it would be interesting if they were only discussed by the publishers - especially those that have multiple products in their own niches.

CB might have problems here and there, affiliates might go through unwarranted phases of no sales, tracking might be out of wack for a while - however at the end of the day as both a publisher and affiliate - I'm sorry guys I still have to say that CB is making me very successful and is still number one for me.

I've tried CPA's as both publisher and aff - .zip submits to 3-4 field hot leads, to low cost free product (just pay for shipping and please read the fine print). On top of this just to throw a curve ball in here, I've looked after branding and launching tons of sites and products/services within xx networks to date for other clients just as a creative director/designer etc. and have babysat campaigns behind the scenes in many networks. Guess what my point is? ALL of them have problems, some are as corrupt as it gets, some have way shadier business models for publishers of a much bigger calibur, some have inhouse leaks/intel, some have shady terms of service/mass fraud, most inspect every last click and would never let you get away with probably 50-75% of the marketing methods you CB'ers use, tracking? ummm, yeh, get good in-house analytics and match up to any network - all have flaws to some degree.

Here is my .02. It's definitely difficult to stand by and watch campaigns go down the drain, especially established ones. It's easy to point fingers, it's not easy to start again and work twice as hard to balance out - thinking that there are issues (which there are sometimes). When it comes to clickbank, it does make sense to diversify, and those that leave and join other networks - will notice that it's a different playing field yet it's still the same (YOU vs. the network and justifying traffic/sales). Can you get rich from CPA's/indies/boutique agency's? Sure you can! Can things go wrong with all of the above? Sure they can, they do. If you want to hear some horror stories, and i don't mean like a few clickbank campaigns going down, i mean like networks owing aff's 30K+ - read some wickedF posts (do a search for scam or 'network name') you'll see it's just as cut-throat with the huge players.

Go for a swim and explore your unchartered waters, I guarantee some of you will swim back quick once you see sharks, or others might battle them and win but all in all from a monetization standpoint - clickbank is a wonderland of ways to make money, and from aff to pub, perhaps I've been an exception but am only growing and banking more daily/weekly/monthly right now.

Not to crawl up their ass, I have xx products there and have learned to be loyal for many reasons, but automation and monetization vs. risk management issues and hiccups should still equate to profit if you approach each phase of the year/ups/down with a prepared attitude and a 'plan b' (or c, d, and e too).

/blah.
    N.

NCMedia, Oct 13, 2008 IP
  18. kingbrend

kingbrend Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, NCMedia wants us to stay around and keep promoting his products. :)

We make him rich, yeah good for yoU!

Lol...

kingbrend, Oct 13, 2008 IP
  19. AffilateRook1

AffilateRook1 Peon

Best Answers:
    As stated in a different thread, NC pays out much more money than he makes.. therefor hes helping you, the affiliate make money. So yeah, you can go if you'd like, but I think someone who makes a great product that helps people generate money by promoting it deserves a thanks. So Thanks NC keep it up.

AffilateRook1, Oct 13, 2008 IP
  20. NCMedia

NCMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Peachy...

I'm actually encouraging you to go try other networks, it might solve all your problems. Perhaps it is CB and you'll never make it with them or the ball is just not in your favor enough (not you specifically but those having issues a lot). Just wanted to offer a different view, and I know that a) Most publishers won't come on here to offer a top level view b) Those having problems with CB jump on these threads like bread on butter, those that are succeeding stay away from these threads - they just take action(s) (I haven't seen my strong affiliates post in here, yet most are in fact members).

For the record, I still promote as an affiliate too so yes - I can relate to both sides of this equation and both sides have hiccups, sometimes big ugly long ones....

Sorry in advance if my above post is too 'pro-clickbank', I'll stay out of this thread and let you guys keep analyizing it while I prepare more campaigns/research/products... It really is too bad that people are having such issues and if it is warranted that you keep bugging CB about it or questioning their operations/trends/problems, I bid you success in getting them to get their system even cleaner.

N.

Edit: Thank you AffRook - I appreciate that mate!

NCMedia, Oct 13, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.