1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best Job Board script or software?

Discussion in 'Scripts' started by adigitaldreamer, Aug 4, 2005.

1. xajduk

xajduk Peon

Best Answers:
    Here we are talking about job scripts. Not live sites.

xajduk, Aug 25, 2008 IP
  2. PhpMaster

PhpMaster Peon

Best Answers:
    PhpMaster, Aug 27, 2008 IP
  3. Xcentric Media

Xcentric Media Peon

Best Answers:
    I have personally used webscribble's job board script, which was very good considering the price. Also, they have a 2.0 version which is corrects a lot of issues with the older one. I'd give them a look. I've also heard a lot of great things about jamit job board software, too. Good luck!

Xcentric Media, Aug 28, 2008 IP
  4. Lancert

Lancert Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Everyrone,

I just purchased Jamit (before finding this thread) and I'll try to let you know my thoughts on usability and functionality.

I plan on building my own templates (being a designer) from scratch so I'll also try to keep you posted on that process as well.

Lancert, Sep 16, 2008 IP
  5. sharevt

sharevt Peon

Best Answers:
    http://www.nasthon.com/jamit-job-board-template.html

sharevt, Oct 6, 2008 IP
  6. sharevt

sharevt Peon

Best Answers:
    We created a new template for Jamit Job Board.

Real demo:
    http://demo.nasthon.com/jamitjob/frame.php?id=nasthon1005

sharevt, Oct 11, 2008 IP
  7. eamo

eamo Peon

Best Answers:
    You should never take shortcuts when it comes to jobs board software. Users expect a rounded performance from Joba sites these days.

eamo, Oct 12, 2008 IP
  8. Imran

Imran Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The Skin looks good, but it needs to be more professional using some good graphics.

Imran, Oct 13, 2008 IP
  9. Aatma

Aatma Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Can someone please tell me what script or language or whatever has been used to create
    www. placementindia .com (remove spaces)
    or iconjob .com

Placementindia seems to have done a very good job. what do you think?

Aatma, Nov 4, 2008 IP
  10. Belltoons

Belltoons Peon

Best Answers:
    After reading this thread all the way back and doing some independent research, I have to say I'm becoming more and more interested in Jamit Job Board.

I'm very motivated to move forward; but, I'm not looking to run it without getting some customization done. I have some ideas for unique features that would mean adding a few new fields to the MySQL database and more to the script itself; but, I think the result would be a much more valuable site for users.

So here are my questions to anyone using Jamit or who do customization work for it:

1) Are you still feeling good about the Jamit Job Board script compared to others out there?

2) What other sites have you found out there that do Jamit templates and/or features customization?

3) How often is the software updated by Jamit and are they responsive to customer suggestions for requested features?

4) Any language barrier problems in dealing with Jamit?

5) Can anyone review their experiences with Jamit listed solution providers Nasthon or Skylight?

6) Why do the templates cost so much??? :confused:

Thanks for reading and to those who take the time to answer. I really appreciate it and want to move forward with this quickly. One last question: after the investment, was it worth it and are you seeing some return?

Thanks,
    Belltoons

Belltoons, Nov 10, 2008 IP
  11. slickricky

slickricky Active Member

Best Answers:
    My answers in red:

I have used Jamit successfully on two sites, but not without major customization.

1) Are you still feeling good about the Jamit Job Board script compared to others out there?

It is a nice base to start with and saves some time on the initial start up.

2) What other sites have you found out there that do Jamit templates and/or features customization?

No good ones besides the ones I've done.

3) How often is the software updated by Jamit and are they responsive to customer suggestions for requested features?

I have customized it so extensively, I wouldn't get an update from them. In the one instance where I asked a question, it got a fast response, but he was highly motivated to talk to me, because I work with large scale sites. So he had a money reason to answer quick.

4) Any language barrier problems in dealing with Jamit?

Not sure what you mean by this.

5) Can anyone review their experiences with Jamit listed solution providers Nasthon or Skylight?

No experience with them, I customize the board myself.

6) Why do the templates cost so much???

This is one of the major downsides to Jamit. Templating is horrendous. There are something like 30 or 40 files to customize, and even then there is a lot of look and feel stuff hard coded directly into functions throughout the hundreds of functionality files. So a true template system doesn't exist in Jamit. I have coded a custom solution which addresses most issues though for templating.

If you have a major website to develop, you will want to talk to me about this more directly. I do site maintenance, programming and design for over 20 job boards, including two major job boards. Jamit helps with having a starting point, so that you don't need to start from scratch, but thats about all its good for. It definitely doesn't meet any modern website standards though for rapid development.

slickricky, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  12. Belltoons

Belltoons Peon

Best Answers:
    Slickricky,

Thanks for taking the time and for a great answer, Ricky! I guess your reply begs the question, "So do you think that Jamit offers the best job board? From your standpoint, what's better out there if your intention is to customize some additional features, but you do want a polished looking template as well?"

If the answer is still Jamit, I'd also ask if you would be interested in some PHP and MySQL customization work?

I'd be happy to discuss with you offline.

Paul

Belltoons, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  13. sarpras2005@yahoo.co.in

sarpras2005@yahoo.co.in Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Key Features:

* Customizable job ads and resume fields

* Flexible user groups and membership plans configuration

* Powerful job and resume search engine

* Multi-language support

* SEO friendly URLs and meta tags

* Smarty template engine

* PayPal, 2checkout and Authorize.net payment gateways

* New job and resume alerts

* Users comments and ratings on jobs and resumes

* Zip/postal code radius search

* Photo, file and video upload

sarpras2005@yahoo.co.in, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  14. Belltoons

Belltoons Peon

Best Answers:
    It's a good looking site. Has anyone here had any experience running Smart JobBoard?

I want to make a decision within the week. Here are some of the sites I've taken a look at:

Dieselscripts
    Easy JobPortal
    iNetArt
    Jamit
    JobGeni
    Smart JobBoard​

Please chime in with your impressions on any of them; or, others that you might feel are worth serious consideration. I'd love to know of your experiences.

Paul

Belltoons, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  15. Imran

Imran Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Before you/any one ask for a suggestion regarding these scripts you should read the entire thread right from start to get an Idea about which Job script is better.
    I/as always would recommend Jamit, I have been using Jamit Job board from a long time and its been quite good for me, I have reached a point where I would need some custom job script.

Jamit is really a good start up script also it will help lot of job boards targeting one particular niche, customisation is really easy, specially adding / removing form fields.
    I have to say only the template system is bit bad considering the overall script its a best buy, whats more you get lifetime updates free and its costs little.

Imran, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  16. Belltoons

Belltoons Peon

Best Answers:
    I've read through all 8 pages, Imran. But the topic goes back a long way (2005). I'm sure most of the boards have had improvements since then and that there are a lot of job boards that haven't even been mentioned.

I'm interested enough to want to hear more reviews and updates. The more I hear about Jamit, the more interested I am.

Paul

Belltoons, Nov 14, 2008 IP
  17. Raichand

Raichand Active Member

Best Answers:
    EasyJobPortal.com is without any doubt very very good. Do not think twice as I too wasted lot of time to find many softwares and even used webscribble but there support is very slow.

I have used this for one of my website and it is an excellent piece of software.

Raichand, Nov 19, 2008 IP
  18. Belltoons

Belltoons Peon

Best Answers:
    That was one of them I was looking at. Glad it's working well for you.

Did you do any customization to the base code? Why not include a link so that those interested (or looking for jobs) can take a look.

Any road bumps at all to implementing it? How long has it been up now and are you seeing traffic to the site? What kind of marketing or "special offers" were you doing to bring traffic to the site?

Favorite features? What made you decide to go for Easy?

Boy, I'm full of questions, aren't I? :D

Paul

Belltoons, Nov 19, 2008 IP
  19. slinky

slinky Banned

Best Answers:
    I purchased Jamit just to get something up and running after looking at all the other software. The reason I chose it was because it was full featured in many ways and, despite being a little crude in the back end, it gets the full job done. There are many sites that use this software and it works. There is great support for it. It is also cheap.

I've looked at a few others. I've purchased a lot of software and in certain circumstances (especially from India) they frequently look good on the front end but is a total disaster on the back end. Half done patchwork, multiple places to edit, etc. At least the places I purchased from, when I did, had reasonably good support. Without the support, forums, or good example sites (that are unrelated to the company), I generally stay away from these packages - especially when they are high priced. While it might do a lot on the front end on the surface, it may be a nightmare investment.

EasyJobBoard - he does get back to you quickly. But my problem was that a good part of this software is encrypted and there are parts that are missing, at least there were to me, despite a very pretty interface. I can't remember exactly what it was but I realized I didn't care for the layout as it confused me a little and that it was lacking one or two major features that Jamit had.

So I purchased Jamit for somewhere along the lines of $200 or less, can't remember. Small risk, it works, and we'll see where to go from there.

slinky, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  20. pochat

pochat Peon

Best Answers:

Yeah, Has anybody tried this PG job Site from jobsoftpro.com?

I like the fact that it comes with addons, such as newsletter and marketing campaigns.

Anybody? reviews or experiences with it?

thanks!

pochat, Dec 2, 2008 IP