1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO Domain for sale

Discussion in 'Appraisals' started by sportsguru, Feb 3, 2005.

My SEO domain is for sale. The domain is a .com. I do SEO and own several other sites that I manage myself - no CMS and am cutting back on my work load. Please note I am selling the domain name and not any website content. The name is PERFECT for an SEO domain. Great name for both online and offline promotion. Very easy to remember and with a reasonable amount of hard work will rank on page 1 of Google. I could have ranked this myself; but I am a "company" of one and would have had to outsource most of the work so am going in a different direction.

Any serious inquiries (five figures minimum) can PM me and I will give you the url. This would be good for someone that already has a site but maybe not such a great domain name and could just plug your content into the domain or re-direct to the new one.

sportsguru, Feb 3, 2005 IP
  2. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Not going to do you any good to hide the name, post it and someone may show interest.

anthonycea, Feb 3, 2005 IP
  3. sportsguru

sportsguru Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay, why not. The domain name is Seo-Ranks.com

4. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    I was going to say the same thing...

Good luck with the sale.

mopacfan, Feb 3, 2005 IP
  5. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Domain name buyers are the biggest negative bunch on the internet, trying to get 50 bucks out of them is though.

So don't be disappointed if you get no offers, I own 400 or so domains and get offers all the time, but these guys want to pay twice the registration fee most of the time.

Unless it is a one word name like sex.com or men.com or business.com you will find it hard to get big money out of it.

I have a name SoftwareLogix.com that a guy wanted and I told him I wanted 10 grand for it and he sent me a nasty email back saying he would never pay that much, he sent the email back for a reason, he was pissed off that I would not give him the name for $200.00.

Most folks will not even respond if they feel the cost is something they can not afford.

The moral of the story is, unless someone has to have the word or the name you will not get big bucks out of it, even if it is a great domain.

6. Estrange

Estrange Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know if it is appropriate question to ask, please don't take it offense if it is not appropriate.
    I searched from internet, but could't find any source.
    Guys how do you host so much domain,
    Is there any hosting service that I can park umm let's say 100s of domains?
    Is there any hosting service just for this purpose?
    Or do I have to go for normal hosting service and pay extra costs for additional domain?
    How do you manage domains that you have?
    Thanks for your help guys
    Note: btw I would definitely sale my domain address for five figures which is seowise.com ;)

Estrange, Feb 3, 2005 IP
  7. sportsguru

sportsguru Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah man, I know. I've sold other domains in the past, did okay. You have to be patient and understand that some people want something for nothing. I just ignore that kind of thing.

I've found that just like in the real world, that there are good and bad people on the Internet and I consider you one of the good ones Anthony. :D

You're always trying to give good advice to people on here and it's appreciated.

Thanks guy.

8. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Anthony, the domain business is a very serious one. People won't pay big money for crap. Maybe you don't understand how it works, it took me almost a year or hard studying to be able to appraise a domain.
    I bought a domain a couple of months ago for $350 since I knew it was very valuable, and a week later I sold it for $2,000.

But there are many many things to consider that give a domain some value, and I'm sorry, but seo-ranks.com doesn't have any of them and getting a mid 3 digit figure would be lucky.

The problem isn't that "Domain name buyers are the biggest negative bunch on the internet, trying to get 50 bucks out of them is though", the real problem is when people try to sell you golden stones saying that it is pure 24k gold.

fryman, Feb 3, 2005 IP
  9. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    You made good money off of that, but if you think a $2,000.00 name is very valuable that makes me wonder.

Most of these guys are simply dreamers on the domain name forums and you are right, most of their names have no value, just like most of their opinions.

10. sportsguru

sportsguru Peon

Best Answers:
    I've seen where domains have sold for over a several MILLION dollars.

So my asking five figures is certainly not out of line. Like selling anythng, it is worth what someone will pay you for it. Anthony said it best, when he said it depends on if someone really wants the name or not.

There's a quote, can't remember it but it goes something like one man's garbage is another man's goldmine. Well, you get the idea.

Last, Seo-Ranks.com is an excellent name for the industry and you're wrong it does have at least one thing going for it it is a .com domain and a second thing going for it is very easy to remember, making it good for promoting it both online and offline.....

11. sportsguru

sportsguru Peon

Best Answers:
    Forgot to mention, I've already been offered a four figure amount for the domain, so guess you were a tad off on your appraisal. :D

12. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Fryman would not care if the name was JabbyBlabby.com, what he is looking for is an expired name with existing traffic that he can point somewhere.

That is why the expired name game is so good because sometimes you can get traffic from a website that was around for 5 years or more and just was dropped or not renewed by mistake.

SG, you would be better off at this time just to build a landing page for the domain and run adsense and some affiliate links on the page, hell you can build a 5 page website at Godaddy for less than 5 bucks a month and do this all day long.

13. Tuning

Tuning Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can get reseller accounts from decent hosts. Some of them allows unlimited domains, unlimited databases etc.

You could easily get one within $50. ( Just a guess :D )

Tuning, Feb 3, 2005 IP
  14. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Give me a good domain and I will get you a 6 digit offer. :D

Yes, people will be happy to pay $100,000 or more for a domain, they can give it to you tomorrow, in cash, but, as I said, it must be a good one.

Sportsguru, I'm sorry, but I just can't imagine who would even think about offering you a 4 digit amount for that, and if they did, you are crazy if you are still hanging on to it.

fryman, Feb 3, 2005 IP
  15. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Think you can do anything with OSwar.com

Keywordcommerce.com

SearchEngineBusiness.com

LongBug.com

Closeoutland.com

Fordvanparts.com

Let me know if you need to see more Fryman or just go to www.internetnamebank.com

16. sportsguru

sportsguru Peon

Best Answers:
    And I think you are crazy for being so wierd about a post I made to sell my site.

I think maybe you think I NEED to sell my domain, I don't. Just don't have the time to devote to it. I was offered a four figure amount for it and no I won't sell it for that I will be patient and get the five figures I am asking - if that upsets you oh well, I guess you will have to be upset. You need to get a life son. :D

17. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    SG, Fryman is just a hard hitter on forum, he is really a good guy that just speaks his mind, that is what forum is all about.

You have not seen anything until you get on the domain name forums, if you think Fryman is critical go see what those guys are like.

They will burn you at the stake just for posting on the forum because of envy in some cases. Plus their opinions are worthless also, most of the posters are not experts on the domain name forums and most of them could not name a kitty cat.

Don't let it bother you, like I said, you would be better off putting up a few pages and selling the website or making affiliate money with the domain.

You can always sell it later. :)

18. Turbo

Turbo Peon

Best Answers:
    funny follow-up...I know this is an old thread and all, but after all this discussion and a little bit of anger, I can go to godaddy right now and buy this "five-figure" domain for $8.95. I just had to laugh at that!

Turbo, Apr 26, 2007 IP
  19. htmlindex

htmlindex Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I don't understand why this is in Appraisals section, should be in the Buy Sell Trade section

htmlindex, Apr 26, 2007 IP
  20. fzero17

fzero17 Active Member

Best Answers:
    @htmlindex i agreed xD !

fzero17, Jan 20, 2011 IP