1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Sarah Palin Thread

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by stOx, Aug 31, 2008.

1. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Umm I have posted several of his stances, put them in bold, linked to an article where the NRA blasts him and why they blast him.

There is tons of info on the subject, I see however people don't like to know the truth of their candidate if it does not fit their agenda.

I once looked into it as I supported the man, long before his new found support base existed. I found out he was weak on the 2nd, weak on immigration among others. Part of the reason I dropped my support for him ;)

GRIM, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  2. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I guess with that logic a vote for Ron is a vote for McCain.

Sorry it doesn't work that way, you're so desperately trying to prove McCain is the man you claim him to be, sadly as I found out he is not.

GRIM, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  3. simplyg123

simplyg123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    People claiming something is not factual, look at the records.

you've used sources that you dont even believe in, and accusations, the voting statement you provided shoed support, not opposition

simplyg123, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  4. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes the 'records' of which I brought up just a small list with many items being far from 'pro 2nd'..

A weak watered down pro 2nd amendment stance? Sure, lots of democrats have those as well.

How do I not 'believe in'? Simply because the NRA blasted him? If anything that makes the case even more so, a water down organization like the NRA found him to be weak.

The voting record shows a mixed bag, some weak general support with some anti 2nd amendment as well. Democrats vote that way ;)

GRIM, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  5. simplyg123

Best Answers:
    Your still failing to show how its weak? He has voted for 2'nd amendment rights his whole career. What would be strong? Passing out uzi's to children?

simplyg123, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  6. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I have failed to show how it's weak? You can not be serious.

Banning certain types of assault weapons isn't 'weak'

I bolded more than that, I showed the NRA blasting him as well.

http://www.trugop.org/Editorials/2ndAmendment.htm

Here is a nice audio linked to on that page. So many sources showing a weak 2nd stance.

http://www.trugop.org/D11Audio/GunShowLoophole.m3u

I guess Bush is a fiscal conservative, 'yet he spends like a liberal' using the logic that McCain is strong on the 2nd.

GRIM, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  7. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Bottom line is, Polls just after the debate show Obama beat Mccain again in the eyes of America in the debate tonight.
    In matters concerning the economy as much as 21%.

Obama really took McCain out of the game tonight, by launching these 2 very damaging websites, just before the debate:

* http://www.johnmccainrecord.com/

* http://www.keatingeconomics.com/

McCain's people really should learn how to use the technology around them, and not rely solely on dirty T.V. ads.

hmansfield, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  8. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:

What does the NRA and republican have to do with nonsupport or watering. So you are for criminals abusing 2nd Amendment rights and for kids roaming the streets with guns committing violent crimes with guns? I guess you are for anyone buying guns at a gun show even if they are a felon? I guess you are for drug dealers doing a drive by too. Your logic makes no sense.

homebizseo, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  9. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Is it or is it not a commandment to keep the sabbath holy? And if it is, By your logic, Should those who do not keep it holy be prevented from getting "married" - I mean, after all, it is a commandment.

I understand why you find it so hard to answer this question; it's because you will either have to make the ludicrous claim that people who work on sundays aren't allowed to get married, or expose your self as cherry picking bits of the bible which can be used to specifically single out and oppress a minority which you have a problem with.

so it's obvious why your integrity has been replaced with the need to constantly and cowardly avoid the question.

So what? You made the point that homosexuality was always looked down upon. I proved that point wrong, regardless how many instances you can post where it was looked down upon i only have to post once instance to prove you wrong. Do you see how that works?

It's worth nothing, because the FACT remains, The church does not in any way have a monopoly on marriage and marriage has absolutely no origin in christianity. the church simply aren't able to determine who can be married or not, because it's out of their power. All they can determine is who gets married in their churches. Which is fine, because it's a private business and like i said, the more they expose their bigotry and hatred the easier my job becomes.

stOx, Oct 8, 2008 IP
  10. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Oh I see, the NRA and Republicans usually bash others on their position of gun rights because they are strong supporters of the 2nd? Yes that truly makes sense Homebiz.

I never said I was for 'criminals abusing the 2nd amendment or kids roaming the streets committing violent crimes with guns.'

Using your 'logic' all guns should be banned because some felon might get a gun, some child might get a gun.

Homebiz please read and understand a bit more before responding, you simply continue to make yourself look beyond foolish.

Any vote against gun ownership/rights be it 'felon or child' is in fact a vote against the 2nd amendment. Any law made against guns is one further step to banning guns, one more notch on gun control.

http://www.votesmart.org/issue_rating_category.php?can_id=53270&type=category&category=37

Yep looks like a very strong rating on gun ownership. He is a mixed bag, sometimes supporting gun ownership, being extremely weak and down right against 2nd amendment rights other times. Gun owner associations that rate him see it, his record shows it, in the primaries Republicans seen it and before, but now that vanishes.

Interesting....

http://www.gunowners.org/mccaintb.htm

For those of you who care where your politician actually stands on the 2nd I suggest you do some reading.

GOA Ratings For John McCain

2000 C--
    2002 C--
    2004 F--
    2006 F--

John McCain is a liberal gun grabber.
    Two Thumbs Down to McCains Gun Control Ad

So many articles, ratings, etc, etc showing he is far from a strong supporter of the 2nd.

GRIM, Oct 8, 2008 IP
  11. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm sorry Grim but as usual you wrong again. Life is not fair and those that commit felonies give up some rights. You are wrong felons, gangbangers should not have guns. Kids roaming the streets with guns... no... nadda...nope. You do look foolish thread after thread.

Law abiding citizens should be allowed to strap them on their sides and I have no problems with that.

homebizseo, Oct 8, 2008 IP
  12. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    When did I say they should not?
    When did I say felons or gang bangers should have guns?
    What you have a problem with is actually looking at the facts.

I see your 'I know you are but what am I' is back as usual. Homebiz can you bring any actual thoughtful discussion to the table? Seriously, even the non US citizens who barely speak English have more thoughtful and intelligent posts than you.

---
    Did you even look at his ratings, the links I provided?

GRIM, Oct 8, 2008 IP
  13. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]
    who goosed the moose

pizzaman, Oct 8, 2008 IP
  14. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    That's a dead caribou, I believe.

If one eats meat, one has no moral stand to condemn hunting for food. I do both, or used to, anyway, when I lived in the country. I do have a serious moral problem with the moronic need to "vanquish" a "trophy." This zero's love of aerial wolf hunts, and hunts like it, is only one emblem of her insipid shortsightedness, and her moral decay, in my opinion.

northpointaiki, Oct 8, 2008 IP
  15. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Santa is walking this year

pizzaman, Oct 8, 2008 IP
  16. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    You said you had a problem with what was in bold. I discussed it. I did not see where the bold was a problem.

You have a problem with what I highlighted in bold and stated you though McCain was weak on the 2nd amendment. I don't have a problem with McCain stance on these.

that is what you are doing.

homebizseo, Oct 8, 2008 IP
  17. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest you look into the specifics of the bills, it does not state kids running around in the streets.

http://www.gunowners.org/mcv106.htm

For 'criminal' again you need to look into the specifics, it's not just 'felons'

Gun shows, yet again you dont' look into the full story. I have listed this several times, but I see you keep ignoring it.

You don't have a problem with that above hey?...

'homebiz says I know you are but what am I'

GRIM, Oct 8, 2008 IP
  18. simplyg123

Best Answers:
    All i can tell you is this.

You can choose to vote for a man with what you call a "weak stance", or you can give your vote away (which is exactly what happens when you vote for Ron) to a man who wants to take away the right all together......Grim, you choose, actually it seems you already have. This makes me think you don't have much of a second amendment stance after all.

simplyg123, Oct 8, 2008 IP
  19. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Oh yes great logic, since I wont sell my principles out and support a man I don't actually support it makes me not have a 2nd amendment stance.

:rolleyes:

I don't even know where to start on how idiotic that is.

I take it you at least see McCain is not an almighty supporter of the 2nd like you originally claimed?

I wont sell out my principles at the drop of a hat, unlike you ;)

BTW where does Obama state he is for 'taking the right' away totally? He was actually rated as high as McCain in at least one year, both are weak as hell. Yes Obama is a bit weaker, does not make one worth voting for, far from it.

My support goes to a man who actually has a good stance on the 2nd, that is more important to me than being a sheep and following the crowd.

----
    BTW supporting either side is a vote for watered down 2nd amendment rights, glad to see a 'gun nut' even falling for the same old same old, mark my words, you'll be sorry.

GRIM, Oct 8, 2008 IP
  20. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Democracy is as much about not having to vote for someone who you disagree with as it is about voting for who you agree with. If a voter disagrees with both candidates thier only moral option is to spoil thier vote out of protest, Not put an X next to the least worse candidate.

stOx, Oct 8, 2008 IP