1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Sarah Palin Thread

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by stOx, Aug 31, 2008.

1. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Considering neither of the 2 running is 'honest' neither is very good on any issue, I personally see this as the perfect time to take a stand.

GRIM, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  2. simplyg123

simplyg123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I disagree, McCain has a very honest record. He is a man of reform, and his career shows that.

simplyg123, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  3. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Honest, you've got to be kidding me.
    His campaign ads are filled with more lies than fact.

He is horrible on immigration, on the 2nd amendment, his policy will tax insurance, increase the deficit and much more.

Almost every supporter of McCain here locally by me supports him not because they like him, but because they are afraid of a 'liberal'

GRIM, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  4. simplyg123

Best Answers:
    Is this just a general accusation or do you have an example?

Below is a quote from mcCain.
    It sounds like a pretty fair statement to me.

"As you know, I and many other colleagues twice attempted to pass comprehensive immigration legislation to fix our broken borders; ensure respect for the laws of this country; recognize the important economic contribution of immigrant laborers; apprehend those who came here illegally to commit crimes; and deal practically and humanely with those who came here, as my distant ancestors did, to build a better, safer life for their families, without excusing the fact they came here illegally or granting them privileges before those who have been waiting their turn outside the country. Many Americans did not believe us when we said we would secure our borders, and so we failed in our efforts. I don't want to fail again to achieve comprehensive immigration reform. We must prove we have the resources to secure our borders and use them, while respecting the dignity and rights of citizens and legal residents of the United States. When we have achieved our border security goal, we must enact and implement the other parts of practical, fair and necessary immigration policy. We have economic and humanitarian responsibilities as well, and they require no less dedication from us in meeting them."

- John McCain

As for the second amendment I dont know what you mean, John is a big supporter of the second.

http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/Issues/77636553-6337-4ecd-b170-49e1c07d2fbd.htm

As far as this deficit, im not sure, i was pretty sure Obama's 3 trillion dollar deficit was a bit higher though.

5. LogicFlux

LogicFlux Peon

Best Answers:
    McCain's health care plan does suck. Obama's might too, though. I'm not sure how I feel about universal health care.

LogicFlux, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  6. buffalo

buffalo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    That is why I am voting for McCain. I'm not crazy about him either, but I do believe that he is more conservative than Obama. If there were a more conservative viable option, they would get my vote. As usual, it comes down to the lesser of two evils.

Yeah. It works so well for Canada. :rolleyes: 17% sales tax and all of their best doctors come here to work in the US.

(No. I have no basis of actual fact to back up my statements... This is just what I believe to be true. :D)

/me runs from the P&R section before she gets shot... :eek:

buffalo, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  7. simplyg123

Best Answers:
    I have never had a problem with heath care personally. Normally you pay it through your job and you never really notice its gone.

What i do have a problem with is the amount of coverage. We are paying to be insured, i think we should be insured. If we need to go to the doctor, and we have insurance, we shouldn't have to pay a dime. I could see some limitation being applied to the amount of visits, thats reasonable. But right now i dont see either plan helping.

Obama wants to pretty much leave everything the way it is and attack insurance companies to lower prices, but he doesnt explain how.

At least McCains plan is a reasonable attempt to reform health care.

8. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    #1 Deficit
    http://money.cnn.com/2008/06/11/new...roposals_tpc/index.htm?postversion=2008061115

#2 Second Amendment 'just for starters'
    http://www.pbs.org/newshour/vote2008/blog/2008/05/mccain_urges_closing_gun_show.html

Far from a 'strong' supporter in my book.

#3 Immigration, he is rated extremely poor.
    http://grades.betterimmigration.com/testgrades.php3?District=AZ&VIPID=33

There is much more to prove each of these points if you research. His weak immigration stance is well known by republicans, have you honestly looked into him more than what his page says?

GRIM, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  9. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    McCain plans to tax your health insurance from my understanding, a benefit being taxed is dangerous IMHO.

I don't like either plan personally.

GRIM, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  10. simplyg123

Best Answers:
    If im not mistaken there is also a tax credit up $5000 to cover that.

As far as the second amendment, look at his record, the man has fought for my right to own a gun for 25 years, there is no arguing that.

11. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    So I take it you don't dispute the other corrections?

Yes look at his record, he is far from a strong supporter.

http://www.ontheissues.org/john_mccain.htm

http://www.usnews.com/blogs/washing...ill-backs-closing-gun-show-loophole/comments/

Isn't the $5,000 credit for just those who buy the insurance for themselves? I honestly don't know, thought that's what it was for, not if you're given insurance benefits from your employer.

GRIM, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  12. simplyg123

Best Answers:
    Admittedly i am not very familiar with his or obamas deficit, the fact is, they both have large deficits, and with this bailout, somethings going to have to give anyway.

Who ever is elected, probably wont carry out half of their plans due to the bailout cost.

McCain reiterated this stance, saying “I recognize that gun shows are enjoyed by millions of law-abiding Americans. I do not support efforts by those who seek to regulate them out of existence. But I believe an accurate, fair and instant background check at guns shows is a reasonable requirement.”

I think that is a pretty fair statement.

Not sure how they define "cheap", but if there referring to cheap as in cheaply made, low quality, than i agree. safety locks seems pretty reasonable to me also.

Im not in agreement here, but hey no ones perfect.

Well if you can not be responsible with a gun, i agree, the stronger penalties will protect law abiding gun owners rights.

Most of these seem pretty reasonable to me, and the one that doesnt well, it beats obamas views

I thought you hated the NRA, now you use them to defend your points?

As for the $5000 credit, i think your right

13. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    'Any' restrictions on the 2nd is not very pro 2nd. The NRA and most Republicans have called him awful on gun rights before. Hell in the primaries he was bashed for his weak stance on the 2nd. It amazes me now that he's the nominee the position is changed to he's pro gun. :confused:

I think the NRA waters down the 2nd, however that does not take away from the fact if the NRA does not like your weak stance you're that much more watered down. ;)

If I'm right, that would effectively be a tax increase coming from McCain's camp.

GRIM, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  14. simplyg123

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately there is no perfect candidate. We do have one that stands for most of what we believe. And he is the one we should be voting for. Otherwise you might as well just vote Barak Hussein Obama.

15. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yet he doesn't stand for most of what you believe in a run down step by step in this thread. :confused:

GRIM, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  16. simplyg123

Best Answers:
    I disagree, I have not seen anything he stands for to be completely unreasonable, where as Barak is totally against everything i believe.

What it all boils down to is who can run the country?

We are in a bad spot, there's no denying it. We are at war, we are financially unstable, government spending is unbelievable.

Now who is the right man to help with these problems? Who has the experience on each issue? Who strengthens the country?

McCain has put his country first his whole career, doing his best to strengthen and defend American rights

Obama is doing the exact opposite. He wants to remove our rights, our freedom. Just today he sent out a cease and desist letter to the NRA, attacking there 1st amendment right, because they played a truthful ad about Baraks 2nd amendment views.

17. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    dude Mccain is just like bush. He is going to start the second cold war. and maybe we get president failin in a week or so after that. in the two months that the old man recovers, she will destroy the country. she can't handle Barbara Walters. How is she going to deal with putin. I don't think winking is going to do it. Two reckless buffoons

pizzaman, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  18. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    I will agree with you on this. High tax and lower quality health care is not what the country needs in this economic slowdown.

homebizseo, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  19. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yet McCain is estimated to increase the deficit more, McCain is horrible on Immigration, McCain is not very pro 2nd amendment and the list goes on.

GRIM, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  20. AngelaE8654

AngelaE8654 Active Member

Best Answers:
    AngelaE8654, Oct 7, 2008 IP
    simplyg123 likes this.