1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Sarah Palin Thread

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by stOx, Aug 31, 2008.

1. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Ah, yes - I see that Wade, you were here, Homebiz paid a visit, Jazz, howdy, and Simply, too, I think, was in this neck of the woods. Just received the anonymous rep:

The abortion thing smacks of Simply (especially since I've said nothing about it, here - though I did once have a problem with his belief that it's his right to tell a rape victim she must carry the child to term), but then, Homebiz apparently left the original "disgrace" thing, about the service I did perform, as a U.S. vet:

So, call me flummoxed. Mirror mirror on the wall, who, oh who, is the most gutless mouthpiece of them all? :rolleyes:

northpointaiki, Oct 7, 2008 IP
    simplyg123 and GTech like this.
  2. Divisive Cottonwood

Divisive Cottonwood Peon

Best Answers:
    Homebiz is clearly losing the plot

Divisive Cottonwood, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  3. simplyg123

simplyg123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry North your judgment fails you again.

simplyg123, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  4. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Um - yep. The "abortion" part of the rep was probably best left off, buddy, to protect anonymity.

Edited to add: LOL - I stand corrected, Simply just proved it, and I apologize, Simply. Hmm - which other web ranger hasn't the courage of his name? :rolleyes:

5. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    There's no air to clear, Paul. I have not attacked you personally, or anyone else and I'm not going to play those games with you. I observe patterns and I know you have a pattern of doing this...seeing something you don't agree with, then trying to corner someone into whether it's about you or not.

I certainly didn't insult you. I took issue with your reasons and felt they were baseless. I still do. I pointed that out as well. Just because you feel they were important doesn't mean I'm going to.

While you were trying to find something that didn't exist in Palin's direct response to the same question Biden was presented, I wanted to focus on Joe's lies. Do I think you would change your vote, because your candidate and his VP pick are habitual liars? No. Still worthy of discussion.

Then take issue with them, because I'm not doing that. I'm not responsible for their posts and they are not responsible for mine. I'm not susceptible to "divide and conquer."

Lots of labels get tossed around on sides. I know you have a problem with Palin. That's very obvious.

As far as Obama's budget, I haven't seen any "neutral" evaluations and I'd be surprised if any actually existed, that were truly neutral.

I haven't said any of those things about you, at all. Why you would single me out to ask if I had those "feelings" is beyond any rationale I can come up with. It serves nothing more than to derail the topic at hand and take things to a personal level. And I really am not interested in going there, Paul.

GTech, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  6. simplyg123

Best Answers:
    No problem North, Though i may argue to the death, i don't use the red rep much ;)

7. anions

anions Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This thread if full of stupid.

I feel for northpointaiki. I'm out.

anions, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  8. GTech

Best Answers:
    I was busy posting a lengthy response to a post I felt I shouldn't have to be responding to. But, we can clear that up rather simply on my part ;)

You ought to see some of the reps I get :D

I get some doozies, I can assure you! Hey, it happens. Blow it off, bud!

GTech, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  9. simplyg123

Best Answers:
    Good, that will help :D

10. anions

anions Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yea. Anything to make you feel better :D:D

anions, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  11. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    LOL - I couldn't care less, and it doesn't hurt my feelings, except as I know it comes from idiots, it is bothersome in the way needling blackflies can be a pain in the ass. But it does betray what should be a glaring hypocrisy - to be told by people whose ass would never be on the line, that others - whose ass was on the line, by the way - are traitorous bastards, simply because we believe this administration blew it with this war - well, you get the picture.

12. GTech

Best Answers:
    All I ask is to judge me for who I am and not who others are. I respect you. I respect your service to our country. I like you personally. I normally don't disagree with you too much, but over this election and the candidates, I find a substantial amount to disagree with. I doubt I will be around much though anyway, as my schedule is overwhelming right now (due to this failed economy and all :D ) and I simply cannot spare the time on a daily basis. Once a week, if I'm lucky.

I'm as passionate about who I support as you are about who you support.

GTech, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  13. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Well, to be honest, this is a vague statement, Wade, yet it paints something very definite. If you've examples, as always, I'm truly open to looking at what I do.

Wade, we're free to disagree on stuff. What I object to - much like debunked's replies - is saying I either said something that wasn't there, or ignored something I did say in reply. I won't revisit that thread, here, but you're saying, for instance,

Implies, again, I'm "trying" something, "reaching," etc., and, presumably, for some agenda. When I posted the entirety of Ifill's question, available to all to read and evaluate - well - no, not going to swallow that.

Fair enough. You're right.

I've posted one - it's on this morass of a forum, somewhere - a PDF detailing their plans, based on each achieving their "wish list" of proposals. They were within single digit percentages of each other's plan, in terms of the budget bleed. Let me know if you can't find it, and I'll search to get it for you. It was a third party, respectable tax-watchdog group making the report.

Sorry, Wade, if I very well may have misread you. Simplyg123 made a blanket statement:

You ascribed it to the liberal (or, as you said, closet liberal) agenda, and then said you were glad to see Palin "put whiny liberals" in their place. I think it's a fair question - if I support Obama, do you believe the above things about me, or anyone else supporting him, simply because they support him?

14. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    That's a fair statement, Wade, and I did wrongfully lump you in with the behavior of some others, in trashing me, my service, and so forth. I wouldn't want it done to me, and I shouldn't have done it to you. I'm sorry.

15. GTech

Best Answers:
    Just not going there, Paul. I fail to see how taking things to a personal level and an inquisition of where every statement I make in general is somehow directed towards you personally.

With so little free spare time these days, answering to inquisitions over such broad statements that are no less popular from other sides, is not what I'm after.

I'd rather spend it on Obama and Biden's continuous lies.

GTech, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  16. GTech

Best Answers:
    No problem. I'm more interested in the issues. Yes, I make broad general sweeping statements sometimes. I'm as guilty as anyone else here for doing that.

Anyway, my time is up for the day. Just thought I'd stop by and say "high" to all my stoner friends :D

GTech, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  17. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    That 'you' do as McCain's campaign is not doing very well ATM.

I feel the same way though, more people are needed to stand up for what they believe in and not the 'lesser of two evils' ;)

GRIM, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  18. simplyg123

Best Answers:
    You get the chance to stand for what you believe in the primaries, now we have two men, McCain and Obama. Yow would rather give your vote away, than vote for the better man. I respect your decision, but i really dont understand it. this will just help the worse man win.

19. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What's to understand? Many are supporting people they honestly do not support, you don't know how many times I hear from McCain supporters that they don't actually like him but 'they don't trust Obama'

The masses have been brainwashed into thinking they only have 2 choices, there are more choices than 2. If more actually grew a set of balls and stood up for principle 'real change' could occur in this country, not more of the same propping up the lesser of two evils.

GRIM, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  20. simplyg123

Best Answers:
    Perhaps, but why let the county fall apart in the process. If people do what you suggest, it may eventually pay off, but we will be so bad off, it will take more than an honest politician to pull us out. You might get the right man there, but he wont be able to make things right, because of the greater evil constantly defeating the lesser evil has degraded the world into a point of no return.