1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any one tried Phpcow?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by icare, Jan 8, 2006.

1. eventus

eventus Guest

Best Answers:
    We never got phpcow to install error free.. we also tried bulletlink again a waste of time and money.. We ended up trying all headline news's minipublisher and loved it. simple and easy. free too.

eventus, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  2. Unkn0wnPlayer

Unkn0wnPlayer Active Member

Best Answers:
    It looks like PHPCow has their own forum up now. I haven't checked in on their site in months.

Unkn0wnPlayer, Sep 6, 2008 IP
  3. ph33rgear

ph33rgear Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is the same that happened to me.

Phpcow is beyond the worst customer support around. They are low enough to make fake accounts and defend their own products, no question.

It could be a great CMS if they would support it properly and fix the tons of bugs.

I would not recommend them to anyone. I changed from them because it is unusable the way it is now. They are although supposed to come out with a new version soon, but i'll believe it when I see it.

http://forum.phpcow.com/index.php?showtopic=87

I switched CMS' this week, much better, it sucks fighting with them about everything. STAY AWAY FROM PHPCOW!

ph33rgear, Sep 15, 2008 IP
  4. Suri.CMS

Suri.CMS Peon

Best Answers:
    Which CMS you switched to ?

Suri.CMS, Sep 16, 2008 IP
  5. cmstester

cmstester Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    cmstester, Sep 16, 2008 IP
  6. stevenh

stevenh Peon

Best Answers:
    I was actually going to plunk down $600 for their new MyWeb script. After reading all this diatribe and the obvious replies by the PHPcow relay team (all saying they aren't a part of PHPCow) and then seeing several of their clients banned rather than being supported... probably not gonna happen until I see some improved reputations happening.

I'll stick with my Joomla 1.5, although it was a huge learning curve, it is manageable by even the weakest CMS newb. You can't beat open source support if the software is popular and Joomla is on the heels of Wordpress. There are bung loads of free plugins/modules/extensions, and the thing is rock solid. With the SEF module installed (also free), it is completely SEO'able.

I was intrigued by PHPCows MyWeb only because I have been looking for a My.MSN style member script. The drag and drop module placements, widgets, and toolsets are quite nifty and have potential. My problem is, what if I drop $600+ on the thing and support goes away? I don't like writing checks just to have them cashed and then to be abandoned. I also don't like my software providers playing forum games with disgruntled customers. I also own several VB licenses and I appreciate the warm fuzzy feeling I get from the VB support team. If I am to be a customer, then I'm always right just as my clients are to me, and I'm not seeing that in these posts by the PHPCow posters, whatsoever. All I see are excuses for why you're acting like software thugs rather than a team who actually supported the people who paid you good money, not just your software, but also for the support that is supposed to go along with it.

I am really dissappointed as I just found the new MyWeb script yesterday, glad I check in here every now and again before buying anything.

Thanks guys
    Cheers

stevenh, Oct 6, 2008 IP
  7. LinkStrong

LinkStrong Peon

Best Answers:
    I woke up this morning with an unauthorized transaction in my paypal account. Someone broke into my paypal and sent a 600 dollar echeck to phpcow. I have retrieved the ip of the cpu that did it and it is in the same location as php cow us headquarters.

The local fbi office has been notified and is looking into the matter. Also paypal is in the process of closing their account.

I guess when times get tough phpcow does whatever it needs to do to survive...........Stealing

LinkStrong, May 13, 2009 IP
  8. 4chp

4chp Peon

Best Answers:
    Altrasoft has had an script out like what your talking about, although it was quite buggy then, not sure about now though.

4chp, May 13, 2009 IP
  9. stevenh

stevenh Peon

Best Answers:
    Isn't it funny that after my post THE ENTIRE PHPCow relay team stopped posting.

stevenh, Jun 1, 2009 IP