1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Get Banned From Google Adsense In Just few hours

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by valeriya, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marcus_Westberg

Marcus_Westberg Peon

Best Answers:
    Just a question!? I looked in your signature and I found a site where you are promoting ads for firefox! is this ok to do it like that? Just curious....
    Give me a 100 bucks and I wont report it ;) hehe just kidding....

Marcus_Westberg, Mar 14, 2006 IP
  2. Mark Davies

Mark Davies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have heard of some people being "clickbombed " by enemies. I too worry about that ! I actually heard about it here in this forum! I guess emailing the adsense team on any overally high ctr days may help!
    Has anyone here had to deal with being 'clickbombed?

Mark Davies, Mar 16, 2006 IP
  3. ckdumont

ckdumont Peon

Best Answers:

...thanks for giving someone the idea to do it! lol...;)

ckdumont, Mar 16, 2006 IP
  4. astrovineet

astrovineet Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wish no one has enemies and wish no one click bombed any site.

I wish no site is banned by Adsense like mine was..

:(

I am having pain, so can understand the pain of others.

May all be given a chance again...

May there be a way to find a way for who / where clicked THOSE invalid clicks.

:)

astrovineet, Mar 23, 2006 IP
  5. Marcus_Westberg

Marcus_Westberg Peon

Best Answers:

?? Here is another idea! Go and tell old ladies that you will beat the crap out of them if you dont get 100 dollars!

It might work :eek:
    No seriously to not talk about problems doesn´t make them go away...

You can thank me for this idea to if you think it is as good as the other one I suggested, lol ;)

Marcus_Westberg, Mar 23, 2006 IP
  6. austzorro

austzorro Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey guys,

Well seeing this topic is much related around my adsense account ill explain how things went.

Anyways, i got an adsense accout 2-3 months ago and used it mainly on my fansite(s), such as KalCentral.com and LoACentral.com. During a 2 month period my site(s) generated a total of $106.50 USD. However, i was still waiting for a letter to arrive to confirm my mailing address (which was and still is 2-4 weeks late). Anyways, i got an exact statement (as mentioned by someone in the first page) regarding "invalid clicks" etc.

The email read exact:
    Before this email i did receive a warning regarding some links/titles which stated "Our sponsors" which i was informed to remove within 72 hours, which i did and was thanked for removing the content.

About 2-3 days later i got the above email (as quoted). My account was terminated/suspended and the funds were being sent back to advertisers. I made an appeal 3 times and still no reply, in fact i even created another adsense account using the same contact details, name, payee address, etc but different email address to see whether i get accepted again. If i do, i guess i have a serious case on my hands. If they deny the application due to a previous termination, then at least their system is fair and secure to a degree. But like i said, if they accept the application obviously some people are being scammed and who knows were my $106.50 USD really went? probably in Google's wallet and not back to the advertisers.

I did seek legal action, since they proved no evidence of "invalid clicks" however, some said its really no use others thought a case was valid. For the time being i have a funny feeling Google is losing out and as a result publishers are being punished from things which are not our fault. I admit to clicking my own ads but i made this clear to google adsense that i may have made accidently clicks on real products i wanted information about (quoted: 5-6 clicks). However, i even made it clear that they could remove the funds which were associated with illegal clicks. However, over 1 week and no response from anyone on the google team.

Today i started using Clicksor, not sure how that goes, but i am seriously running out of options. Maybe Yahoo!'s new program will be very effective and take over google.com, since i think google is a waste of time and are simply taking peoples money for their own sake! (Current News: Advertising company suing google adsense for $90 Million dollars, for creating false or inflated clicks to suck out money from advertisers. Also a french newspaper company is sueing google for $17.5 Million for stealing the newspapers thousand dollar articles/images over a period of time and publishing them for free on their search engines when infact they are privately sold).

I hope google sinks to hell.

austzorro, May 27, 2006 IP
  7. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    wow. a different version of the same shit.

devin, May 27, 2006 IP
  8. rewlie

rewlie Active Member

Best Answers:
    I got the solutions and submit the proposal to Google, let see how it works !

rewlie, May 27, 2006 IP
  9. AdsenseAddict

AdsenseAddict Peon

Best Answers:
    Tsk tsk. You have no chance of getting your account back. You should have not clicked your own ads my man.

I hope you sink to DP.

AdsenseAddict, May 27, 2006 IP
  10. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    no! don't pollute DP, go sink somewhere else. :rolleyes:

devin, May 27, 2006 IP
  11. Obelia

Obelia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The possibility of clickbombing is already there, but I think most publishers make too little to become valid targets. The vast majority of publishers on any affiliate programme make very little. You're not going to pay more than you make, are you?

If someone tries to extort money out of you this way, all you need do is forward the email to Google, or warn them in advance that this activity was threatened. Maybe you lose a few days earnings, but not your reputation for honesty.

Obelia, May 27, 2006 IP
  12. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    So you defended yourself by violating the TOS again? Appealing 3 times has nothing to do with it. THe fact you received no reponse would have been a good sign until you jeopardized it by further violating the TOS
    Another mistake. Their policy is to "file" your correspondonce and await this "legal action" - You have no chance to be reinstated
    Now I'm confused...How are you on the legal high ground when you openly admit to violating the Terms of Service.

There is recourse for Reinstating a Banned Account (now you see where I am coming from as I have been previously banned) but you are way off base. If you violate the TOS, you have to abide by the conditions. Ignorance of the rules is no excuse. Somehow you have time to be contacting lawyers and posting about the evil Google but you didn't have 5 minutes to read the TOS.

yfs1, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  13. hk999

hk999 Guest

Best Answers:
    that's a good idea, google is not the only way to make money online, just act like google don't exist!

hk999, Jun 29, 2006 IP
  14. wormy

wormy Active Member

Best Answers:
    wormy, Jun 29, 2006 IP
  15. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Indeed, also consider the hawk that caught this (Josh) was 13 yrs old at the time.

I haven't heard from Josh for a while...I hope all is well! One of my DP favs :).

H

Homer, Jun 29, 2006 IP
  16. Diamond Daze

Diamond Daze Peon

Best Answers:
    Well upon reading thru this thread I just had to add My story…

I recently signed up to Google Adsense and I read over the terms and conditions several times to make sure that I wasn’t doing or would do anything to violate those terms. Well, about a week after, I too, received a warning letter same as the ones posted above - just one problem…

My site is brand new! I have had NO traffic!! There have been NO clicks!! I have not once even by accident as some have mentioned clicked on any ads. My ad sense account shows 0 clicks!! So I emailed them and they wrote back ( after 3 days ) to inform Me that they cannot tell Me anything but they re-reviewed My site and it violated their terms. What terms it violated or how it did so, they refuse to say…. Now I don’t know about you guys…but that sounds like a scam to Me, I even suggested that they are either trying to scam Me or their software is deeply flawed ( they didn’t say which ). I have since pulled the Google ads from My site and closed My account. The last thing I want to do is to advertise for them and have an account balance built up only for them to turn around and scam Me out of any commissions. In the future I’ll find someone who’s business practices are a less shady.

DD

Diamond Daze, Jul 26, 2006 IP
  17. www.AmCy.org

www.AmCy.org American CyberSpace®

Best Answers:
    Smart move. They were probably going to ban you, and when they terminate accounts they keep the revenue earned. It's like advertising slavery: you work hard to build a great site, then if they ban you, they won't tell you why ("invalid clicks" is not an explanation) so you end up delivering traffic to advertisers for free.

As always, IMO.

www.AmCy.org, Jul 26, 2006 IP
  18. redz

redz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    all you have to do is click your ads a few times a day and you will be banned forever :)

redz, Jul 26, 2006 IP
  19. corinaw

corinaw Not Banned

Best Answers:
    Hey DD,
    Wondering if you told any friends, family, or co-workers about your new site monetized w/ adsense?

Sometimes people get the bright idea to "help" you, even if you have warned them not to. If you did not do it, and the public did not do it, then ask your friends and family.

corinaw, Jul 26, 2006 IP
  20. Diamond Daze

Diamond Daze Peon

Best Answers:

No! Thats just the thing that got Me..I could understand if that was the case... but no one has been on the site but Me.. tweaking stuff and fine tuning..( damn tables ).. thats it.... the account info for the adsense account showed 0 clicks... and why shouldnt it? No one has seen the site but Me! Thats why this just sounded like a scam - I never thought I'd have this kind of problem with google of all people... but it just goes to show, you never know.

DD

Diamond Daze, Jul 26, 2006 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.