1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Sarah Palin Thread

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by stOx, Aug 31, 2008.

1. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree 100%.

Not attempting for the first time, I attended three years but did complete my International business undergrad. I opened a chain of businesses and worked for the US Government Overseas, I had to seize the opportunity so finishing was not an option. I am completing my degree now because I do not like to leave anything undone. No bitterness whatsoever. I have hired plenty of dumba_sses that had degrees. A paper on the wall does not make a person smart.

homebizseo, Oct 2, 2008 IP
  2. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    So you're a cop, you were in the military during Iraq, you are a trainer working with professional athletes/nutrionalist, you opened a chain of businesses, and you worked for the US government over seas 'just for starters'.

That's one hell of a resume.

GRIM, Oct 2, 2008 IP
  3. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:

Close but you left a few things out.

4. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I said for 'starters' I'll let you tell us how you were an astronaut, nobel prize winner, and Billionaire next week. ;)

GRIM, Oct 2, 2008 IP
  5. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    LMAO!!! Grim for president!!!

guru-seo, Oct 2, 2008 IP
    GRIM likes this.
  6. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Grim will run next election and Rice will be the VP.
    [​IMG]

7. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Look, you can attack me personally all you want, have at it, you don't know me and I don't even know where the crack about drinking came into play, the bottom line is, if you wouldn't let them run your company, why would you let them run your country?

I am not going to look past someones education in economics and constitutional law because it is important.
    We do not need on the job training in these issues, there is too much to learn already just taking office, as it has been for every single President.

As far as "the bg O" or whatever condescending way you wish to think about how people view Obama seems to insinuate that if people support him they must be blinded by some celebrity popularity crap, which insults my intelligence, but that's O.K.

I agree with the issues, the policies, and his vision of what we should be doing. I cannot trust a candidate with 31 lobbyist running his campaign and there should be a law against that. It is the most extreme conflict of interest to all of us as Americans.

I don't know where you get this liberals don't like the constitution crap, but that seems to be just some kind of personal rhetoric that you heard from Rush Limbaugh.

No one is stupid enough to vote for anyone just based on circumstance, or race. We are not children here. There are only a handful of people that I would vote for right now and he happens to be one of them.

I am not bagging on her or McCain because of their lack of Education, but I do like what Obama and biden are educated in. That is the difference.

I like the dedication to get those degrees so that the can do their job effectively.
    I like the fact that they know what they are talking about in regard to those issues.
    I like the fact that they excelled in those subjects enough to actually teach it to others.

John McCain crashed 5 jets in the Military, he couldn't teach a bird to fly.

Who better to pass education legislation than a teacher ?
    Who better to make decision about the economy, without having to listen to advisers first?
    Who better to change the crappy crap of deregulation of the last 8 years that has destroyed our economy, than someone who has been against it every step of the way?

I don't like fluff and flag waving without any substance or specifics, which is what I see.
    I don't need repetitive, "we are the best nation" " I am a maverick" I need specifics.
    ..and I certainly have a problem with anyone that names themselves.

I have never heard anyone call McCain a Maverick. Ever. But he calls himself that? I have heard people call him other names, but maverick ?

I don't have anything personally against McCain or Palin, I just do not trust them to do anything for ALL Americans, or have the knowledge to make the right decisions to fix the economy and avoid a depression. When it comes to that issue alone, I want 2 economists, not someone who needs Lobbyist advisers to fill them in.

I don't want a President that is one of the boys that I can have a drink with, I want someone to roll up his sleeves and get the job done.

I am not looking for a best friend. This is commander in Chief of the President of the United States of America.

You can not generalize you way to success here.

John McCain did not start to go against Bush until after he was elected for a second term.
    John Mccain said in 2000, if he didn't get the shot then, by 2008 he would be too old to run.
    George Bush attacked Mccain way back in 2000 for being too close to lobbyist and special interest groups.

Palin and McCain lie, outright in their commercials, and in their speeches for sensationalism, and I cannot trust someone who does that.

What is comes down to, is I Do Not Trust Them.

hmansfield, Oct 2, 2008 IP
  8. LogicFlux

LogicFlux Peon

Best Answers:

I think you meant to quote debunked?

LogicFlux, Oct 2, 2008 IP
  9. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I did. Sorry i was watching the debate. Surprisingly, Palin was well studied tonight. I didn't get the deer in the headlights that I was looking for.
    I am still not impressed with "I am the average American" crap, but that is what republicans do, "We are one of you" and then they deregulate everything for the large corporations.

10. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    I love your responses. I like listening to Obama and his lies and twist and then read you try to quote them.

Obama talked about the "deregulate theme" very funny.

"More minorities loans", "let's get more low income families into homes" those evil republicans. They did by themselves. McCain tried to reform fannie and freddie but was accused of being wrong.

11. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    What the hell is Obama lyiong about? His vision and policies that he wants to implement ?

McCain NEVER tried to reform Freddie and Fannie and in fact one of the chief lobbyist for Freddie and Fanny that fought for MORE deregulation of the mortgage industry and was paid $30k a month for the last 5 years, is one of his top campaign strategist !

God forbid, Women, Hispanic Americans, and (sshh) African Americans should get a loan of a few thousand to open a business. We should just keep giving Exxon and Mobil Billion dollar tax cuts, maybe if we are lucky they will just hire a few.

Since you still keep seeing through some John McCain red, White and Blue glasses...
    Here are the rest of the deregulation lobbyist currently working on "John McCain for President"

• Lobbyist, Grant Aldonas, Economic Policy Adviser, Managing Director, Split Rock International (Mittal Steel USA)

• Lobbyist, Nancy Pfotenhauer, Senior Policy Adviser
    Former Washington Director and Lobbyist, Koch Industries

• Lobbyist, Jerry Kilgore, Virginia State Co-Chair
    Partner, Williams Mullen (Shell Oil, Alpha Natural Resources)
    [State lobbyist]

• Lobbyist, Slade Gorton, Washington State Honorary Chair
    Lobbyist, Kirkpatrick & Lockhart Preston Gates Ellis (T-Mobile, Air Transport Association of America, Microsoft, Delta Airlines)

• Lobbyist, Joseph Wright, Economic Policy Adviser
    Former Chairman, Intelsat (formerly PanAmSat)

•Lobbyist, Richard Zimmer, New Jersey Honorary Vice-Chair
    Lobbyist, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher (Network Solutions, Business Roundtable, T-Mobile)

• Lobbyist, Don Sundquist, Tennessee State Co-Chair
    Co-founder and Lobbyist, Sundquist Anthony (Freddie Mac, The Hartford, Waste Management)

• Lobbyist, William Hilleary, Tennessee State Co-Chair
    Senior Advisor, Sonnenschein Nath & Rosenthal (Militec, SMS Holding, AmSurg)

• Lobbyist, Aquiles Suarez, Economic Policy Adviser
    Vice President for Governmental Affairs, National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP)

• Lobbyist, Matt Salmon, Arizona State Co-Chair
    President, COMPTEL; Former Lobbyist, Greenberg Traurig (El Paso Pipeline Group, Networld Exchange)

• Lobbyist, Robert Aiken, Fundraiser and Adviser
    Vice President and Chief Lobbyist, Pinnacle West Capital Corp.

• Lobbyist, Kirk Blalock, Chairman, Young Professionals for McCain
    Partner and Lobbyist, Fierce, Isakowitz & Blalock (Mutual of Omaha, Sprint, Time Warner, Coca-Cola)

• Lobbyist, Timothy McKone, Fundraiser and Adviser
    Executive Vice President and Lobbyist, AT&T; Former Lobbyist, Davis Manafort Inc. (SBC Telecommunications)

• Lobbyist, Thomas Loeffler, National Finance Committee & Campaign Co-chair
    Founder and Chairman, The Loeffler Group (National Association of Broadcasters, Southwest Airlines, Toyota, Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America)
    -Update: Left campaign May 18, 2008

• Lobbyist, William L. Ball, III, Adviser
    Managing Director, The Loeffler Group (EADS North America, Southwest Airlines, Teaching Strategies Inc.)

• Lobbyist, Susan Nelson, National Finance Director
    Consultant and Former Lobbyist, The Loeffler Group (AT&T, Toyota, National Association of Broadcasters)
    Update: Consulting contract with The Loeffler Group terminated, as reported by Newsweek, May 17, 2008

• Lobbyist, James Courter, National Finance Committee Co-chair
    CEO, IDT Corp.; Former Lobbyist, Verner, Liipfert, Bernhard, McPherson and Hand (NBC, Merrill Lynch, Microsoft, Verizon)
    Update: Left campaign July 14, 2008, as reported by the New York Times, July 16, 2008

• Lobbyist, J. Antonio Villamil, Economic Policy Adviser
    CEO, The Washington Economics Group, Inc. (PSEG Global Inc.)

• Lobbyist, Christian Ferry, Deputy Campaign Manager
    Former Lobbyist, Davis Manafort Inc. (SBC Communications, Verizon Communications)

• Lobbyist, James Rill, Economic Policy Adviser
    Partner, Howrey LLP; Former Senior Partner & Lobbyist, Collier, Shannon, Rill & Scott (Intel, Sabre Group Inc.)

• Lobbyist, John Green, Congressional Liaison
    Co-founder and Managing Director, Ogilvy Government Relations (National Rifle Association, EADS North America, Motorola)
    Update: On unpaid leave as of March 31, as reported by Roll Call, May 21, 2008

• Lobbyist, John Timmons, Fundraiser
    Founding Partner, The Cormac Group (Time Warner Telecom, US Airways)

• Lobbyist, Brian Ballard, McCain Victory Florida Finance Committee Chair
    Managing Partner and Lobbyist, Smith & Ballard (Florida Power & Light, Verizon, Allstate)
    [State lobbyist]

• Lobbyist, Carlos Bonilla, Economic Policy Adviser
    Senior Vice President and Lobbyist, The Washington Group (Delta Air Lines, National Cable & Telecommunications Association, Motorola)

• Lobbyist, Charles Black, Chief Political Adviser
    Chairman, BKSH & Associates(AT&T, General Motors, JP Morgan, Philip Morris Management Corp.)
    Update: Retired from BKSH in March 2008

• Lobbyist, David Crane, Senior Policy Adviser
    Founder and President, Quadripoint Strategies (Bank of America, Allstate)

• Lobbyist, Richard Davis, Campaign Manager
    Founder and Managing Partner (on leave), Davis Manafort Inc. (Verizon, SBC Telecommunications)

• Lobbyist, Michael Dennehy, Senior Adviser
    Founder and President, The Dennehy Group
    [State lobbyist]

• Lobbyist, Wayne Berman, National Finance Co-chair and Senior Advisor
    Managing Director, Ogilvy Government Relations (Ameriqual Group, Verizon, Visa)

Wake up man, they are using misdirection and you are taking the bait.

"Oohh, Barack Obama is dangerous, Look out man !". " He is going to raise your taxes". " No one cares for you like I do. We are the real Americans"

It's like an abusive relationship.

You have gotten nothing, You keep getting punched in the face. And now your arm is broken and you have 2 black eyes.

You know he's sleeping around (lobbyist), but every now and then he does something nice (stimulus checks) and tells you that your family and friends are lying to you because they don't like him (democrats), because he is the only one who cares about you, and know what you need (Tax breaks for your boss).

"I'm sorry baby, I'm going to change . I was wrong.. You know I love you. Next time will be different"

Where is the difference ? At least some battered women get sick of being sick and tired.

Republicans seem to keep trusting over and over again, (Savings and Loans Collapse from deregulation of the industry) yet you keep getting screwed over (Wall Street Collapse of some of the oldest companies on wall street due to deregulation) , and you keep taking the rest of us with you with 2 of the biggest financial disasters in American financial History since the Great Depression, which by the way was during the Hoover administration, another Republican President with no clue about economics who followed Coolidge (Republican ) , who followed Harding (Republican). All who believed in Government Deregulation and all with crippling results.

It has never worked one time in American History. Not Once !
    ..and every time, after the fallout, and destruction of the economy and the country, a Democrat Like Roosevelt (4 terms) , Kennedy, and Clinton have to come in and clean up the fricken mess. Every damn time !

Almost 100 years later, and still the same disastrous economic policies.

Bad economics, and bad military strategies. What do you guys see in this party ?
    What do they do for you ?

12. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'd answer Hmansfield except that I put him on "ignore" once he provided ample evidence that his vote was entirely based on race. Personally I think anyone that bases their vote on a candidate's skin color is an idiot. I don't like racism... from either direction. It has no place in the discussion of who will do a better job. Sad that he cant see that.

robjones, Oct 2, 2008 IP
  13. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
  14. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Easily. I voted for Clinton. Good times, Balanced budget. Welfare reform. Strong military. Yeah...Good times:)
    Link doesn't work.

I give you 30 lobbyist who are trying to get into the White House, and all you have is one link?

15. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for giving me 30 lobbyist Harold.

"Biden voted for 1999 deregulation that liberal groups are blaming for part of the financial crisis today. The law allowed Wall Street investment banks to create the kind of mortgage-related securities at the core of the problem now. The law was widely backed by Republicans as well as by Democratic President Clinton, who argues it has stopped the crisis today from being worse."

16. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Which 1999 deregulation ? Which liberal groups ? What kind of Mortgage related securities ?
    You speak like Sarah Palin, sensational generalizations that don't really say anything.

17. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I notice NONE OF YOU (not a single one) had the balls to address the pro-Obama scare tactics I documented. Was I lying or were you just scared to defend the issues raised?

Thats ok, just dont bother, as it is obvious the Obama crew is the one that excels in that regard. I enjoy the fact that you claim the high ground while your favored party entrenches itself in the pits.

Again Harold proves he's "all race" / "no fact". He can't back his own spurious claims. Typical performance for those that play the race card while depending on it for defense. Leaves you naked in the market of reality. How tragically pathetic.

robjones, Oct 2, 2008 IP
  18. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hard to believe, but as a guy who believed that he was chosen by god in the past, i have no right to comment further. :eek:

You should link it again, thread's so big that nobody is likely to find it except by divine providence.

lightless, Oct 2, 2008 IP
  19. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    ..and I have you on ignore, so I am not likely to ever comment on anything that you post unless someone quotes it.
    You can beat up on Obama all you want. He is ahead in the polls, and has enough electoral votes to win.
    It seems America disagrees with you.

20. gauharjk

gauharjk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    John McCain has an impressive, long list of lobbyists working for him in the campaign. Obama needs to put all these names in one of his 60 second ads and broadcast it all over the country.

But really speaking, US economy is finished. Get ready for a decade-long recession... And if Obama wins, he will be blamed for all the mess. He;ll be a scapegoat.

So, its better McCain wins. He will be blamed for the financial meltdown. Then he will move on to form the North American Union, and slowly, national sovereignty would become a thing of the past. Isn't that a good thing? No Borders. No Wars.

gauharjk, Oct 3, 2008 IP