1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why Hostgator prices are too high?

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by 3DProf4online, Sep 26, 2008.

1. mypoint

mypoint Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Rememebr companies offering hosting that has unmetered bandwidth unlimited space are not really trust worthy, unless is it a major huge huge company giving it away.

Hostgator has very good prices, even if you have to pay $10 a month thats nothing, i bet you go out and spend more at a fast food restraunt in 5 minutes then you would on hosting that you will have for a whole month!

Some people do not understand that companies offering plans that seem to good to be true are oversellers!

mypoint, Sep 30, 2008 IP
  2. scott1995

scott1995 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I find them really cheap, atleast the dedicated servers. Fully managed, with Cpanel, for $175 a month? thats a great price :D

scott1995, Sep 30, 2008 IP
  3. asking

asking Peon

Best Answers:
    i think they are not much good! i have bad experience!

asking, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  4. Stroh

Stroh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Host Gator high? I think they're reasonably priced on some things, although on shared I think they're underpriced. 60 GB / 600 GB for $7.95? WOW! Imagine buying a server to handle that :p

Stroh, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  5. 3DProf4online

3DProf4online Peon

Best Answers:
    But if for example I don't need to have so much disk space, so why I couldn't be offered any packages at lower prices?

3DProf4online, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  6. 3DProf4online

3DProf4online Peon

Best Answers:
    But if for example I don't need a dedicated server and just would like to host 1 website on shared server! I suggest $9 per month is too expensive! If they provided any cheaper packages for smaller websites I would sign up their services with a great pleasure!

3DProf4online, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  7. mypoint

mypoint Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hostgator does have plans for 4.95 that allow 1 domain

mypoint, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  8. 3DProf4online

3DProf4online Peon

Best Answers:
    It would be nice if they offered cheaper packages to host smaller websites like other companies do! You see it is very expencive for me to pay $9 and host 1 website only! Their packages are good to host multiple websites only!

3DProf4online, Oct 3, 2008 IP
  9. sachin410

sachin410 Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to host a single site, you can always buy their hosting via a reseller.

You will find a few on DP...:).

sachin410, Oct 3, 2008 IP
  10. sharmaine

sharmaine Peon

Best Answers:
    you can get fully managed servers at a lower price at axishost.com so hostgator is relatively expensive COMPARED to its other competitors

sharmaine, Oct 3, 2008 IP
  11. Tyler Banfield

Tyler Banfield Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Really? I consider $8 a month for reliable hosting to be a bargain, especially when it comes with great customer support.

Tyler Banfield, Oct 3, 2008 IP
  12. Stroh

Stroh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You move on in your search. Forget Host Gator, if they don't have what you want move on, go find a company that has what you want.

Stroh, Oct 3, 2008 IP
  13. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hostgator rocks. Much like anything else, you get what you pay for. Those folks are highly reputable and quite frankly, all over the web.

No, I am not a customer. I have loads of clients who are though. Never heard of or had any complaints.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Oct 3, 2008 IP
  14. dmw144

dmw144 Peon

Best Answers:
    i use hostgator - i think they are great value to be honest - their support is worth heaps to me -they have helped me through many 'dumb' questions....

dean

dmw144, Oct 5, 2008 IP
  15. 3DProf4online

3DProf4online Peon

Best Answers:
    Their customer support seems to be good, but as for me their prices are too high! I would sign up their shared hosting if I needed to host at least 10 websites! But I need only 1 now, that's why I decided to select another hosting provider!

3DProf4online, Oct 6, 2008 IP
    Tyler Banfield likes this.
  16. mellow-h

mellow-h Peon

Best Answers:
    Its simply because thats the lowest price they could offer to survive in the market. They just increased amount of resources available to host to attract customers. Hostgator uses 1.5TB hard drives and sell 600GB plans to at least 100-150 users per server, you can clearly see, it is practically impossible to give 600 GB true allocation for each, but it is truly tough to manipulate it in case you don't want to cross his RAP (Resource Abuse Policy). Most of the hosts are overselling in words, what good in hostgator is they write this:
    http://blog.hostgator.com/2007/10/06/selling-out/

You should pay a few bucks only for being trustworthy on such a point to hostgator from my own opinion. ;)

mellow-h, Oct 6, 2008 IP
  17. 3DProf4online

3DProf4online Peon

Best Answers:
    you see mellow-h, if these guys had smaller packages (for example to host 1 website only) they wouldn't lose customers like. If, for example, I host 1 website only today, but who knows how many websites I will start hosting in 4-5 monthes. As far as I see, many customers buy smaller (cheaper) packages just to begin, but afterwards when their business is expanded and website number is increased they can upgrade to more advanced packages! For the reason Hostgator prices are too high they lose many customers! If for example I need to host only 1 small website now, why do I need to pay $9 per month if I can find a lot of companies who can offer the package required for $3 per month only? When my business is expanded I will upload my other websites to hosting as well. I will just upgrade to more advanced package and will pay at least $7 per month. But why should I pay additional 4 dollars at the beginning stages?

3DProf4online, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  18. kaniosh

kaniosh Peon

Best Answers:
    I am using hostgator for a long time now and I am very happy. They have good support and my site never went down. [​IMG] [​IMG]

kaniosh, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  19. einsteinsboi

einsteinsboi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use Hostgator and two other companies, one larger and the other much smaller. Frankly for the space and service I think HG's prices are pretty fair. I get good customer support and I find the price more than good.

einsteinsboi, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  20. Tyler Banfield

Tyler Banfield Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can see where you are coming from, but I think for a lot of people, the peace of mind that comes with a company like HG is worth the extra $4 from the beginning.

Tyler Banfield, Oct 7, 2008 IP
    einsteinsboi likes this.