1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can i make a US Paypal account without being in the US?

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by Proximity, Sep 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Can i make a US Paypal account without being in the US?

I am sure i have seen many people that have US account without being in US.

So if i make a US paypal account through a friend who is in US or i make it via Proxy/VPN, what are the chances of it getting banned? and what problems can i get into?

Thanks.

Proximity, Sep 21, 2008 IP
  2. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Officially speaking, you can only set up an account for the country you are currently residing. Using a proxy to access your account would be prohibited too. Apart from just setting up the account, you need a US Address, US Utility Bill, US Bank account and US Credit card to complete the verification process. It is also prohibited for someone to 'share' the account with someone else.

Of course, that being said, there are people who just ignore the rules and got their account limited after a while and then come back here and complained about Paypal being evil and stealing their money and such when they got caught.

Do it if you do not have any conscience, think that being honest or that your money is important.

eddy2099, Sep 21, 2008 IP
  3. starnone

starnone Peon

Best Answers:
    you can make a usa paypal account if you have bank , vpn .

starnone, Sep 21, 2008 IP
  4. superdigg

superdigg Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes you can have an US paypal account , but you need to have an US bank account for non US resident and IT's easy to get one .
    but you must be careful paypal can ask you about SSN " social security number " . I have lost an US paypal account when they asked me to give SSN :D but it was empty only 25 $ in :D:D:D .

superdigg, Sep 21, 2008 IP
  5. NathanCH

NathanCH Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why would you want to make a US account anyways? I'm Canadian for example, and my primary currency is USD (not CAD). So it's like I have a US account, but when I withdraw money, I convert it to CAD.

NathanCH, Sep 21, 2008 IP
  6. Proximity

Proximity Banned

Best Answers:
    US Account has some features other accounts doesnt.. so that is the main reason.

Proximity, Sep 21, 2008 IP
  7. getjimmy

getjimmy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    U can make US account and it will be limited soon,u also need to add US bank account to verify the account.

getjimmy, Sep 21, 2008 IP
  8. bobbym

bobbym Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have Paypal US account. I am living in Asia and as I remember. I don't need to have us bank a/c when I first sign up

bobbym, Sep 21, 2008 IP
  9. arale

arale Guest

Best Answers:
    arale, Sep 22, 2008 IP
  10. Pervert-For-Life

Pervert-For-Life Banned

Best Answers:
    accessing a US paypal account from a different country could get you in trouble more quickly... and if you get limited then paypal will ask you to provide documents and Social Security Number (SSN) which you will never be able to provide and so your money will go in drain.... so its better you don't try to cross there policy....

Pervert-For-Life, Sep 22, 2008 IP
  11. justinlorder

justinlorder Peon

Best Answers:
    Is it possible for someone outside usa get an Social Security Number ?

justinlorder, Sep 24, 2008 IP
  12. falsealarm

falsealarm Peon

Best Answers:
    Even if you did obtain a US account from PayPal, this would be a really stupid idea as the first time your account is blocked or reaches a certain level in volume, you will be asked to provide supporting information such as copies of driver's licenses, passports for identification and sources of items or services offered. And if you can not provide them, you may have no recourse to obtain the money.

falsealarm, Sep 24, 2008 IP
  13. falsealarm

falsealarm Peon

Best Answers:
    You are kidding, right? Unless you are a citizen born outside of the states to citizen parents, there should be no way for you to obtain a SS.

falsealarm, Sep 24, 2008 IP
  14. Grit.

Grit. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you'll struggle to fake the proof of id, and in the end it's not worth it... if you're so bothered, can't you just settle with a balance of $'s aswell as your primary currency?

Grit., Sep 24, 2008 IP
  15. zinc-uk

zinc-uk Peon

Best Answers:
    First of all not condoning this at all as you shouldnt double cross the tos but paypal f*cked me about at the minute so i feel obliged to help some one f*ck them about

i think if you go look at starnone sig and look at the blue link read through his site

If you used a dedicated ip vpn service for use of siging up and logging into your account then used a us bank accont/debit card/adress confirmation service provided through his website to confirm your account, then call up paypal and request a auto sweep on your account to automatically withdraw funds to your bank account then immediatley remove the money from that bank to your personal bank account, you can also request at your bank to block people debiting money from your account some charge for this some dont - you should block paypal from trying to debit money from the account your using to withdraw money to from paypal (ie the us account)

Then always have make sure you have a spare setup as stated above so you can close your account before your account reaches the income/widthraw limit for your account type and limitations are applied requiring further verification for example a ssn, also just incase anything goes wrong and they cotten on

Think that should work

zinc-uk, Sep 24, 2008 IP
  16. jalsa

jalsa Peon

Best Answers:
    hey dude, if you need US PAYPAL ACCOUNT just pm me. I will provide you USA PAYPAL account, bank verified , address verified and phone verfied. along with USA static ip vpn account. all this included in one pack.

jalsa, Sep 29, 2008 IP
  17. RovingCalypso

RovingCalypso Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So if a person is travelling and has to access his paypal account from another country what about that?? Will his account still be limited?

RovingCalypso, Sep 29, 2008 IP
  18. flytosky

flytosky Peon

Best Answers:
    Just have no way to get good use with us pp

flytosky, Sep 29, 2008 IP
  19. BuzzyDev

BuzzyDev Guest

Best Answers:
    Opening an account from a Country where you don't reside is not allowed. If you try, at any moment your account will have limited access and they will ask you the following to proceed: address verification, SSN, proof of identity, etc., etc. It is not allowed even if you have a US bank account!

You may like the idea of using another payment processor such as AlertPay or Moneybookers because for PayPal, it does not really matter if you are trying to cheat. At a certain moment they will limit your account access and you will be in trouble (even if you are really the one that you say you are).

Particularly, I opened a Paypal account with TRUE information, and got it frozen the next day without having any activity in it (I couldn't even verify my bank account).!!!

BuzzyDev, Sep 29, 2008 IP
  20. JVanHorn

JVanHorn Peon

Best Answers:
    All you need is a US address not, any bills or anything like that. Ive done this service for many people , and got them a paypal account without being in the US.

JVanHorn, Sep 29, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.