1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

This is My AdSense Breaking Point/Boiling Point

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by callmeminty, Sep 23, 2008.

1. raedthakur

raedthakur Peon

Best Answers:
    there are somethings i have learned over time...... i too love to write and maintain a personal website i dont care monotizing .... unlike my other domains........... the reason is i like to write and work towards getting more people to read my articles and not just so they could click on a ad .........

and it will take time to make any serious money of a website ...... 1st u need lots of organic traffic ......only then u should think of any serious revenues from adsense ......

remember make websites for humans not bots

raedthakur, Sep 24, 2008 IP
  2. callmeminty

callmeminty Active Member

Best Answers:
    really appreciated all the superb and positive comments from you people.DP ROCKS

callmeminty, Sep 24, 2008 IP
  3. vvtv

vvtv Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Man, according to your archive stats, your blog is 2 months old... I struggled with adsense above than 9 months and slowly started to earn something... I can now cover my hosting with adsense earnings!!... This month I now on $115, and my hosting is $85 per month (VPS)!!!...

So just wait.... Your blog is looking nice and have good content... You should not post above than 1 post per day... Start link building.... Create a separate page for links and post your links there... Do not post links site wide...

I can recommend three link exchanging sites... link2me.com, simplylinking.com, linkalizer.com... These sites have free and paid option... You only need free option and those combines senting 35 link request per day.... When you start getting traffic, purchase a good domain and slowly migrate your traffic to there... Dont abandon the blog for sometime... For this, when you plan to post 2 posts, put 1 in your domain and 1 in the blog...

There is a Indian blogger I can recommend... Amit Agarval of labnol.org... He used blogger service and his blog was labnol.blogspot.com, then he migrated his blog to labnol.org.... Very popular blog he have....

All the best man...

vvtv, Sep 24, 2008 IP
  4. callmeminty

Best Answers:
    hi

i will sure use the sites you have told me..

yeah i know Amit Agarval..i visit his blog

callmeminty, Sep 24, 2008 IP
  5. Steven_D

Steven_D Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree, get a product and sell that, there is heaps more money.

Just because the newspapers say that there is over $406 Billion spent through online advertising doesnt mean that you are bound to make $1,000,000

Personally I think there are more bloggers vs potential clients than any other industry on or offline.

There are like 200 beer manufactures
    50 fizzy drink manufactures
    around 560 National Magazines
    10 Local news papers

and then there are millions upon millions of potential buyers.

then there is like 2,000,000 bloggers dribbling shit onto blogspot etc, and probably only 100,000 people world wide who read blogs on a basis regular enough to produce income for the blog they are reading.

Long story short, there just is not that much internet cash available for free websites, and blogs, and that sort of "junk" that litters the internet.

PS. not taking a dig at you and your blog, or any blogs or bloggers etc, just personally dont think it is a financially viable enterprise

Steven_D, Sep 24, 2008 IP
    vvtv likes this.
  6. vvtv

vvtv Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Steven, great thoughts you shared with us.... Thanks!!
    + Rep!!!

vvtv, Sep 24, 2008 IP
  7. buzzmaker

buzzmaker Peon

Best Answers:
    There is TONS of help available on how to write blogs and promote them in ways so that adsense doesn't mind it. Adsense itself will have a lot of help on writing content, positioning ads, colors and marketing it. Do it read. Just writing blog won't do much. You need to bring users to your blog.

buzzmaker, Sep 25, 2008 IP
  8. bess

bess Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    AdSense means a long and continuous work and you will not earn soon a lot of money, but if you do it seriously and build traffic, money will come. Indeed, I would tweak the site quite a lot if I were you, you don't have a PR so I guess you don't have many links to you yet or the site is still new. Be patient, it doesn't work that fast.

bess, Sep 25, 2008 IP
  9. SEOBOT

SEOBOT Banned

Best Answers:
    Dude if adsense was up to only making money by blogging then the whole world would ran after it.

Techniques have to be applied to get money that is what we called niche.
    You should be able to define your niche and then apply it n see how it works for you.
    People here are searching for something or the other we should provide them with what they exactly want and see we will be in profit.
    You should learn "The art of earning with Adsense" before blogging for money..........

SEOBOT, Sep 25, 2008 IP
  10. atingle

atingle Peon

Best Answers:
    I can sympathise being that I run a Tech & Gadgets site myself. I am lucky (I say ‘lucky’ but its more to do with hard work for around 2 years none stop) to get circa 250,000 unique visitors a month and you can rest assured that it never gets especially easier – even when you’re earning fairly well (I work full time on the site thanks to it paying its way).

The secret is to keep ever onwards whilst never being either afraid to experiment (with layouts, for example) or take chances. Even the most seemingly slightest change can have enormous impacts and, the more your site earns, the larger these impacts are. But, in all of this, it is only through constantly striving to do the best you can that things will evolve.

The tech & gadgets niche is a hard one to make it in, as another poster correctly stated, so the only way you are going to get anywhere is by sticking at it and looking at the bigger picture. If motivation is an issue in these early days, try to project things forward by a year – imagine, within reason – where you hope to be (try to be realistic) and work your butt off now to lay the foundations in the knowledge that, in the future, these foundations will be further built upon (so ensure that they can take the strain).

This is a VERY competitive market place and, unless you are willing to accept the cold, harsh reality that it will not come easy to you (hence keep your expectations within reasonable boundaries) and keep on slogging away there is no reason why all your work will, in time, pay off.

Even when you have managed to get the site where you are now hoping, however, the trails and tribulations will never cease and, as is human nature, your expectations will ceaselessly rise so that you’ll always feel that, in some way, you could be (and should be) doing better.

The key, as stated above, is not to look to run before you can walk, to lay solid foundations through hard work and to always look to push in any additional direction that may, or may not, work to further your opportunities.

I sincerely wish you the best of luck but, like another poster, I would seriously advise you to move away from Blogspot and look to self host your own site asap at this stage.

atingle, Sep 25, 2008 IP
  11. koan

koan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you're about to quit after just 2 months, maybe this is not for you.

koan, Sep 25, 2008 IP
  12. machej

machej Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Keep at it, unique content aswell as seo gets you to the top. follow tips on this blog and you'll be at your cooling point.

machej, Sep 25, 2008 IP
  13. callmeminty

Best Answers:
    o man..how can i thanks all you.everytime i open this thread.i get so so much confidence and its helping me to do better.

thanks again...and about the domain thing..i will change it after i get some "money" :)

callmeminty, Sep 25, 2008 IP
  14. Tuzic.com

Tuzic.com Peon

Best Answers:
    hi,

you can't just blog and expect to earn revenue, you need to treat it like a business and market & promote as much as you can.

Tuzic.com, Sep 25, 2008 IP
  15. callmeminty

Best Answers:
    yeah you are rite...now i am concentrating on the content and traffic...

16. infinity0

infinity0 Peon

Best Answers:
    blend ur ads perfectly.I saw ur site in ur signature and with such ad placement ur going to get very low CTR.

infinity0, Sep 25, 2008 IP
  17. callmeminty

Best Answers:
    can u suggest me some ?

18. gooner4ever

gooner4ever Peon

Best Answers:
    Put large ad unit 728x15 in green navbar (and remove those links from there)

Remove sidebar ads

Remove border from small add unit from the bottom, no just remove them whole and put 350x300 instead with black or blue colors ( test it), I prefer whole black, but...

Put 468x15 add bellow post tittle, and put one above post tittle on homepage

gooner4ever, Sep 26, 2008 IP
  19. Steupz

Steupz Peon

Best Answers:
    Just adding on to all the other excellent comments; I think you should move your content to the right and your sidebar to the left. That has always worked best for me.
    What is your traffic, though?

My site avergaes 150k uniques a month and I really dont make that much money. I make a helluva lot more than hosting ($10) but nowhere near enough to compensate for the time.
    So, employ all the business techniques, but at this point, you gotta do it 'cause you like doing it

Steupz, Sep 26, 2008 IP
  20. Project Mobius

Project Mobius Peon

Best Answers:
    You said you love blogging, and yet you are complaining about not earning enough, seems to me you "love" to blog because of the potential of making money. You shouldn't be stressed over something you love to do. Forget about the money and just concentrate on writing and promoting unique content.

Project Mobius, Sep 26, 2008 IP