1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Clickbank Credit Card Processing Problems Persist, Appear to not be Imaginary

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by ScoTech, Sep 16, 2008.

1. ascnetwork

ascnetwork Peon

Best Answers:
    I have made 10+ sales daily for MONTHS. Since 10th september I am down to >3. I am promoting 10+ niches. So please do not tell me it is economy or back to school. Amount of hops has stayed about the SAME. It makes me feel a lot better to see that other people are experiencing the same problem. I had the impression it is me. But obviously it is not......
    clickbank PLEASE fix the bug!

ascnetwork, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  2. Dazed_and_confused

Dazed_and_confused Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I had one VISA sale too yesterday (the only one), but once again not American. The last 9 days, only 1 sale made from US with 90% US Traffic, yeah right.. everything works fine (sarcasm)

Dazed_and_confused, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  3. DidierE

DidierE Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So anyone contacted clickbank already about this issue?

DidierE, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  4. kinitex

kinitex Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I had my first $0 day yesterday in 2 months. I woke up this morning, and already at...... $0 :(

kinitex, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  5. NickE83

NickE83 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah,

I am on the same boat as everyone here, I have been online for about 4 months, and only really started making money about 2 months ago. up untill about a 10 days ago, I was making pretty much $200 a week, from one site, one keyword and in one niche. Now I have not had a sale in 4 days, and before that it was very inconsistent for the last 2 weeks.

I am thinking that i can not rely on ClickBank anymore for my income, I guess its time to start planting seeds somewhere else. I was in the process of setting up other income streams, but this whole deal has given me a bit of a wake up call I guess.

Anyway,

I am wishing everyone good luck, and I hope that all your sales start coming back soon!

Poice,

Nick

NickE83, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  6. DPwebtec123

DPwebtec123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Here is an idea, I wounder if it would be possible for clickbank to send out an email if a customer has tried to pay with there credit card and "Failed":mad: to affiliates or publishers so we would be able to have some idea what is going on, and to make other arrangements, like being able to contact the customer and suggest they pay via paypal.

DPwebtec123, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  7. Spliffic

Spliffic Peon

Best Answers:
    Great suggestion, although I think you'd blow up CB's email server if they implemented something like that :p

Today seems to be more on track, it is first thing in the morning (9AM) where I am and already at $200 in sales. This is a normal day for me (actually slightly better than normal). Yesterday was a bullshit day, where I was at $25 at 1PM. I lost money for the first time in Adwords yesterday, something I hadn't done since about 5 months ago. Very unimpressed and pissed about yesterday, but what can you do?

Spliffic, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  8. ScoTech

ScoTech Peon

Best Answers:
    Any publishers out there with analytics see a big difference between clicks on your paylink and actual sales?

ScoTech, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  9. PoorGuy

PoorGuy Peon

Best Answers:
    So is everything okay now? Some says it's back to normal some not.

What did ClickBank say about this?

It's pretty shitty that they don't send out any emails to inform affiliates about any problems at all.

For instance RegCure registry cleaner was pulled from their marketplace and there was no warnings/notifications whatsoever and I still see people promoting it (CB's version) on Adwords. They must be losing hundreds if not thousands because of this.

I'm surprised that CB is still favored by so many marketers with their 1997's technology & bad customer support.

PoorGuy, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  10. Spliffic

Spliffic Peon

Best Answers:
    Welcome to the World of Clickbank! CB is probably the closest you'll get to "affiliate self serve". If you want more or better service, better go with a CPA Network :) I've never been good with promoting CPA, and therefore I'm "stuck" with CB. At least they pay on time so can't complain there (unlike alot of CPA Networks).

Spliffic, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  11. PoorGuy

PoorGuy Peon

Best Answers:
    Couldn't agree more, I come from CPA side of the game as an affiliate & promoting CPA offers can be frustrating as well. With issues like scrubbing, scammy offers (ringtones/free trials), and the offers often come and go so quickly, it's hard to build a sustainable ppc campaigns with them. So, in comparison, CB is actually not that bad after all as they do have 0.001% of good products to promote. Well, I just need to learn to tolerate with their whole PITA system.

But seriously, though, I still can't accept the fact that they don't send out emails to publishers/affiliates.. what's so hard about that?

PoorGuy, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  12. web_18designer

web_18designer Peon

Best Answers:
    Anyone experience an extremly slow day today?

200 Hops per order instead of an average of 20! (The Average is calculated over a peiod of around 7 month and around 3000 sales)

This is really Shocking!:eek:

web_18designer, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  13. ScoTech

ScoTech Peon

Best Answers:
    Did you guys see the clickbank index on http://www.cb-analytics.com. I believe gravity is weighted, so the real decline is probably much lower.

ScoTech, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  14. AffilateRook1

AffilateRook1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Same problem.. I get about 4-5 sales a day.. then I went to 0-1.. wtf?

AffilateRook1, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  15. conductr

conductr Peon

Best Answers:
    that would be my bet, why it takes so long to fix is beyond me. payments are about the simplest thing to do in programming. Also, why don't they just roll back to the previous version until they find the problem.

makes you wonder, is any of the info they collect secure? probably not

conductr, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  16. ScoTech

ScoTech Peon

Best Answers:
    Anybody else notice weirdness in relation to foreign vs us credit cards. They are talking about this in some other threads I think.

ScoTech, Sep 20, 2008 IP
  17. web_18designer

web_18designer Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats right, they have just a damn checkout page, nothing too complicated logic so why the hell they have any problem ever to update that. Dont do they have a damn staging enviroment where they set up stuff before they go live? or their programmers are just kids from the university!

Its not acceptable for such a large company to have problems of "small start ups company" that cant afford safety procedures or a real programmer!

web_18designer, Sep 20, 2008 IP
  18. einfostream

einfostream Peon

Best Answers:
    That thing is so annoying…
    Three days…
    ~ 1000 hops…
    Big, fat 0 0 0…

einfostream, Sep 20, 2008 IP
  19. popedope

popedope Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've had 1,760 hops and 1 sale.

This is bollocks I'm actually losing faith with CB now...

popedope, Sep 20, 2008 IP
  20. Mr. Mojorisin

Mr. Mojorisin Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow I am glad I read this thread because I was wondering what the hell has been going on too. I went from consistent 2-3 sales a day to 0 sales in the past week. Anyone have an update of what is going on here? Are we not being credited with commissions? I hope there is a backlog and when it is rectified Clickbank will give us credit for the sales they have been missing.

Mr. Mojorisin, Sep 20, 2008 IP