1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

John McCain on The View - Is he really ready to be president?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by gregdavidson, Sep 12, 2008.

1. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Grim - That much I knew. That's why we have three branches of government... checks n balances are necessary. I'm the last one that'd argue that any president or party is blameless. I have a list of things GWs done that I dont approve of... growing the government after running on a fiscal conservative platform comes to mind.

robjones, Sep 14, 2008 IP
  2. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Ahh but if you have that stance 'and forgive me if I'm wrong' but it appears you are ok with with, since the Supreme court is able to rule items being unconstitutional.

The problem here is not always are the times even allowed to come up to the supreme court, 'plus' with that line of thinking one could conclude that a candidates position on the 2nd doesn't mean anything as there are 3 branches anyways.

GRIM, Sep 14, 2008 IP
  3. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Grim - Supreme court has a long history of trying to avoid *having* to make rulings on the 2nd. I wish I could depend on them on that score, but for some odd reason they shy from it and refuse to hear cases more often than on many other issues. There have been some heavy duty restrictions placed on the 2nd while at the same time they have continually interpreted others increasingly more broadly.

Maybe it's because modern jurists tend to be more "ivory tower" by nature than the guys that wrote the doc theyre protecting. The founders were no stranger to firearms, whereas the nature of the university of today fosters the idea that firearms are what those *others* use. Your guess is good as mine on that.

robjones, Sep 14, 2008 IP
  4. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    They just recently made a pretty good one ;)

GRIM, Sep 14, 2008 IP
  5. gregdavidson

gregdavidson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Doesn't Warren Buffet support Obama? If the richest man in the world supports a Democrat then there must be something good about him. Capiche?

gregdavidson, Sep 15, 2008 IP
  6. Firegirl

Firegirl Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you. You took the words right out of my mouth.....

Seriously, if people start basing their decisions off of the idiots on The View, then we are f*cked! Or any celebrity I should add. Yes, I'm going to vote for McCain because Britney Spears or Oprah tells me to. I'm better off listening to my dog (who, by the way, has voiced strong concerns about Obama)......

Firegirl, Sep 15, 2008 IP
  7. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    The issue is confused.

It wasn't that the View pontificated on the election.

It was that McCain was on the View, and was asked legitimate questions, and in my view, failed, quite badly, in reply.

When Karl Rove himself calls the McCain camp to task for lying, Houston, we've got a problem.

northpointaiki, Sep 15, 2008 IP
  8. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB4C4AWBY3Q
    Barbara walters is one of the most hard nosed journalists of all time.
    The ladies nailed him.
    How is a man that wants to be the president of US going to sit and tell us with a straight face that Pailin is qualified because Alaska is close to Russia.
    give me a fu-king break. he is calling the whole nation stupid and disrespecting us all .Then some republicans have the nerve to go around and repeat that shit. are any of you capable of forming an opinion or do you have to be told how you feel.
    stop trying to trick us to support this old fool

pizzaman, Sep 15, 2008 IP
  9. gregdavidson

Best Answers:
    Hey Firegirl! If I'm correct, aren't you the one who was complaining about paying too much for groceries due to high gas prices a few months back? When John McCain (the brave POW) decides that it's time to take on Iran and the entire middle east to stop terrorism, you only have yourself to blame when grocery prices DOUBLE again! The key to this country's success is PEACE! Not starting more wars with other countries. I believe the terrorists attacked this country because they knew we had an idiot in office that would take this country to war. Elect another Republican idiot into office and we can look forward to history repeating itself.

10. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    they are talking too much about russia. it worries me to no end

11. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
  12. gregdavidson

Best Answers:
    Why not take on Russia, Iran, and China at the same time? We shouldn't be cowards should we? It would be so peaceful in the end because there would be NO PEOPLE LEFT!

13. Firegirl

Firegirl Peon

Best Answers:
    [SARCASM]Hey, thanks for assuming that I am voting for John McCain![/SARCASM] You know the old saying about assumptions.....

My entire point was about choosing candidates based on talk show interviews or what celebrity endorses them.

And if you are going to talk about money and the government robbing us of it, Obama will be no different either when he raises taxes.....

14. gregdavidson

Best Answers:
    If I'm correct he used the term "modest" amount which could mean like 2%. At least he's honest about that, and isn't giving us bunch of BS to win the election. All I know is that Obama has a plan to get this county back in shape and I'm voting for him!

15. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    your post was about dismissing the ladies of view, Why? is it because they were women? I posted the link about Barbara Walters. she is the last of the sharks

16. Firegirl

Firegirl Peon

Best Answers:
    If you call the government trying to control everything a good thing, then please by all means, vote for him.

Don't have healthcare? Let the government provide it to you! Need a better education? Let the government provide it to you! Have a lot of that damn pesky money lying around? Let the government steal it from you to pay for the first two! Yea, sounds like a great thing to vote for!

GRIM likes this.
  17. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    why don't we give everything to the trouble the dog.

18. gregdavidson

Best Answers:
    You have a great point there! We should invest all our hard-earned tax dollars into the Republican's War Machine. Much better than spending tax dollars to improve this country! You're a genious!

[​IMG]

19. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Umm you might want to spell it correctly :eek:

How about we fight for not going either way, reducing the government, getting back to our roots, not having wars, not having big government, having personal responsibility and freedom.

GRIM, Sep 15, 2008 IP
  20. gregdavidson

Best Answers:
    Sadly, I don't think we have a lot of options right now. It's either vote for somebody who wants CHANGE or vote for George Bush's "blood brother".