1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Pirate Bay

Discussion in 'Google' started by bacardirum, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Icheb

Icheb Peon

Best Answers:
    I am asking you for your opinion.

- Tell me why they should do it.
    - Tell me where they should stop.
    - Tell me how they are supposed to implement it.

- Do they restrict searches for cocaine in the USA but allow it in the Netherlands or do they just make a blanket ban everywhere?
    - Do they ban searches on topics like women and cars in Saudi Arabia because women aren't allowed to drive cars there or is that not immoral enough? Or do they ban that everywhere and risk people in the USA being offended by that?

I told you to use logic and all you could do is tell me that I should use logic. If there was a smilie here that was smacking its head I would use it, but sadly there is none. Suffice it to say I'm smacking my head right now really hard. But let's just stick it to Google! They are evil! There is a double standard! They are penalizing the little man and not the evil warez sites!

God help me.

Icheb, Sep 14, 2008 IP
  2. Hoster1983

Hoster1983 Active Member

Best Answers:
    dude, why do you think you know all about Google and its business. If there was a smilie puking, __________:rolleyes:. Why are you taking this thread personal, uh?

Hoster1983, Sep 14, 2008 IP
  3. Icheb

Icheb Peon

Best Answers:
    Where do I think I know all about their business? This is simple LOGIC. Seriously, I'm asking for your opinion on what you actually think about this issue without you being able to resort to your simple "Google is evil" statements.

I'm moving from the head smack smilie to the head shot smilie.

Icheb, Sep 14, 2008 IP
  4. justinlorder

justinlorder Peon

Best Answers:
    maybe reasons: old domain, focused topics, lots traffic.

I am in China. There is a case, click the following url www dot hao123 dot com .
    All pages with all of outbound links but pr 7 .
    bcoz it has very large traffics. As I know more only the single homepage has more than 5 million independent visitors a day .
    all the url listed in their site are fame and reputable sites.
    Many chinese people like the navigation of the site instead of search for the site or remember the site url .
    By the way, this site is acquired by baidu dot com who is google's major competitor in china market.

justinlorder, Sep 14, 2008 IP
  5. Hoster1983

Hoster1983 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hehe, and I am moving from my puking one to a "please don't do it" smilie. :p
    I am not a expert on this issue but I think that Google should not penalize websites for small offenses considering they are nothing when compared to warez linking, drugs, etc.

By small offenses, I mean, allow link farms, paid backlinks and such. We also don't know exactly what is Google's stand on the issue of duplicate contents, so we can just assume. So if they are indeed penalizing websites due to duplicate contents (which I don't think they do...emphasis on think), then this should be relaxed soon.

Please note I am just implying, sure Google wouldn't take up my advise from here and implement it unless they want to make the biggest technology blunder of the century :p

I am just saying, if they cannot control the bigger evil, they should also not police the lesser evil....

6. chrismaster007

chrismaster007 Banned

Best Answers:
    I too agree with the above statement

chrismaster007, Sep 14, 2008 IP
  7. Icheb

Icheb Peon

Best Answers:
    Bravo on completely avoiding my questions. I guess I was right, you don't have an opinion on this that goes beyond simple "Google is evil" claims.

Additionally, they HAVE to police those issues you mentioned to ensure the integrity of their index. Do you think they are going through all this trouble just to annoy people? "Hey Sergey, I don't like paid links, let's make it against our guidelines to use them." "Larry, that is a GREAT idea! We don't have anything better to do, so let's get on it!"

Do you actually want to discuss this or just rant? I don't have time for the latter.

Icheb, Sep 14, 2008 IP
  8. BlueBlood

BlueBlood Peon

Best Answers:
    3620 backlikns and 3M indexed page for me. Which is way greater than some of respectable news sites.

BlueBlood, Sep 14, 2008 IP
  9. Hoster1983

Hoster1983 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Because I want it to be done...

When I tell them to

Let them figure it out.

upto them...
    upto them again.

And who I am? Just another guy who is giving his opinion, and not trying to force his own beliefs as you are doing.....

10. Icheb

Icheb Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, "because" is a great reason. Tell me WHY. While you're at it, tell me how my asking you for your opinion equals me forcing my opinion on you. I want your OPINION, I don't want to change your beliefs.

I guess your site got banned and now you are looking for excuses. Let me tell you, yes, Google is really evil, they don't care about you, and most importantly warez sites are deep in their pockets so that Google can't exclude them from their index. Does that make you sleep better at night? Good. And good bye. If you can't find proper arguments for your statements you can't expect people to stick around and discuss issues with you. If you are really 25 years old as your nick suggests you should know that by now.

Icheb, Sep 14, 2008 IP
  11. Hoster1983

Hoster1983 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, enough has been discussed already, and we are way off-topic too...BTW, my site did not get banned, I was using it as an illustration.

12. Icheb

Icheb Peon

Best Answers:
    So why is it not possible for you to actually respond to my questions? Either you have some axe to grind so you have to blame Google or you have a legitimate concern which I'd like to discuss. Which is it? All you can do is evade, evade, evade.

Icheb, Sep 14, 2008 IP
  13. Hoster1983

Hoster1983 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I actually have a question, which I do not think:
    -belongs to this thread, as we are hijacking it because of our own beliefs.
    -is appropriate to discuss with someone who thinks he is a "know-it-all".

I think I'll better start a new thread, where we can continue this discussion, and not hijack this one.

14. Icheb

Icheb Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, keep adding baseless accusations to this thread. But first you have to explain to me where I'm forcing my beliefs upon you when I'm simply ASKING. Also tell me where I'm a "know-it-all" when I'm using simple LOGIC. But I guess they didn't teach you logic in school, which is why this must seem like an amazing gift.

I don't expect answers though. I know you can just make accusations and evade questions. :)

Icheb, Sep 14, 2008 IP
  15. Resident79

Resident79 Peon

Best Answers:
    Or use the webmastertool if it is your own site.

Resident79, Sep 14, 2008 IP
  16. abercrombie

abercrombie Peon

Best Answers:
    the pirate bay has tons of incoming links even from the valid media. what is of interest is the blog and the legal threats section which is an interesting read. i've never even heard of the site until a local radio show mentioned it several times referencing the blog. so, in that respects i think there is some level of "importance" even though it is used for unethical practices.

abercrombie, Sep 14, 2008 IP
  17. angilina

angilina Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You checked backlinks via link: operator, this operator only show a sample of backlinks.

I have 20K+ backlinks for one of my sites in google webmaster tools, but using link: operator, I see only 3, some times little more

angilina, Sep 14, 2008 IP
  18. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Its a high traffic site... Many high traffic sites link to them so they have a good PR ..

Bohra, Sep 14, 2008 IP
  19. Icheb

Icheb Peon

Best Answers:
    Fascinating information. Do you have more gems like this?

Icheb, Sep 14, 2008 IP
    lightless likes this.
  20. anika

anika Active Member

Best Answers:
    The Pirate Bay is not illegal in their country. So unless the laws change, by all means, Google should index them.
    Also, they've been around for awhile and afterfailed lawsuits by the MPAA, RIAA and the last crackdown on their sites backfired. They got huge publicity and got thousands of new links to their site and hundreds of thousand more new users.
    Morals aside, they don't host any illegal content. They just host and index the torrents, just like Google doesn't host any MP3s, they just index and link to them.

anika, Sep 14, 2008 IP
    tattoos likes this.