1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are PTC sites legit??

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Dabro, Aug 8, 2007.

Hello all!

I've been experimenting with advertising through a few PTC sites lately, IE AdBux, Clixsense, etc. Does anyone know how legitimate these sites are, as in does anyone know that you are actually getting all of the clicks that you pay for from actual users, or are clicks possibly being made through other means?

Dabro, Aug 8, 2007 IP
  2. IntellectToday

IntellectToday Banned

Best Answers:
    First of all, I am reviving this thread to answer the original poster's questions, clear up potential misconception, and distribute some facts. I found this in the Similar Threads box at the bottom of the page - which means that others will, too.

There are literally millions of Pay-To-Click Sites on the internet today, Dabro.

The way that a PTC works is that an advertiser purchases a set number of member views - in this case lets assume it's 500. For this, the advertiser pays a set amount of money to the Administrator of the PTC website.

After that, the members of the PTC site click on all of the available advertisements and receive compensation for such work. Typically this price is around $0.01.

The Payout is responsible for protecting the Administrator and the website financially. If a payout is $10.00 a user must click 1,000 advertisements. If there are 10 available advertisements each day, it would take 100 days to gather enough money to payout.

Most members will either forget about the site or give up before the payout is reached. Therefore, that user clicked advertisements and worked to complete the advertiser's campaign, but never actually received any compensation for their work.

To help further the financial security, Administrators often click the links on their site, create other accounts to do so, or have friends click links under the understanding that they will not be paid. This is considered scamming - because it diminishes what the advertiser is receiving.

Such deceit is actually quite rare - typically a website that is a scam will simply not pay any members!

For the majority of the time when you advertise on a pay-to-click site, you are receiving legitimate views by real people, especially with the implementation of Anti-Cheat Links and Captcha.

Though, as I mentioned above, everything has its flaws, and every flock has its black sheep. This is why you must examine the PTC site you're going to be advertising on thoroughly! If it's active, well known, posted about on forums, and has good feedback from members - you can trust it! I always recommend starting out with a small advertising package to examine the results first, and monitoring your traffic in relation to the advertising stats posted on their website.

If you're interested in learning more about this, and how to avoid being scammed, check out these articles I wrote:

How It Works: From The Inside Out
    - This text examines a specific PTC site and how the income is distributed.
    Is This A Scam?
    - This text discusses how to detect a PTC Scam and how to recognize the signs of a reputable site.
    How To Avoid Scams
    - This text talks about avoiding scams, and how to report and expose them.
    Potential and Verified Scams - Avoid These Sites
    - Potential and Verified Scams is a compilation of just what the name suggestions. It's at the bottom of How to Avoid Scams Page.

IntellectToday, Jul 26, 2008 IP
  3. TrafficSales

TrafficSales Peon

Best Answers:
    I can concur all of what's said above with Great experience.

www.TakeTheGlobe.com

Per click : $ 0.0050 <--- Doesn't seem like much but we have 80 ads in the system and growing so you'll make more overall here than any other PTC.
    Per referral click : $ 0.0025 <--- Money your downline earns you.
    Per premium click : $ 0.0100 <--- If you've upgraded you earn this much per click and get more ads.
    Premium referral click : $ 0.0050 <--- If you're premium your referrals earn you more for each of their visits.
    Payout : $ 10.0000 <--- Some users who have referrals earn 3 x that per day.
    Total Users : 32962 <--- We're doing great.
    Users Online : 91 <--- obvious
    Total Paid : $ 11833 <--- To members
    Total Hits : 5266620 <--- Delivered to advertisers. Users get paid money which they can in turn spend on the advertiser's sites.

Are we sustainable? Beyond a doubt. We have a highly skilled and large professional staff.
    We're sponsoring contests now and have some high profile advertisers coming into the system in the coming weeks on long term contracts.
    The people that earn the most are those that upgrade and purchase unreferred members from us for their downline. Some users are seeing 300.00 + cashouts and even larger.

We currently serve over 60,000 unique visitors per day and growing , as well we have over 2 million pages viewed daily.

I'll agree though with the above poster that you should definately do your homework and look for track record before investing in any PTC. If you're going to join them look for proven administrators and a level of maturity / professionalism as for every legitimate site going there is 20 fraudulant ones.

Can PTC work for the advertiser?
    Absolutely. What it boils down to is this. If your product doesn't appeal to a PTC market where every user has a payment method including AlertPay, CC's and Paypal, then it's surely not going to appeal anywhere else and a company can waste thousands and thousands of dollars advertising all over trying to find buyers who simply don't want to purchase. If your product is in demand then there's a better chance of a user in a PTC buying it than wasting thousands and thousands on advertising elsewhere for the same purchaser. PTC = Direct consumer market where everyone has money to spend. We for instance have spent a vast amount of time adding security to make sure 100% that it's a real human with a payment system looking at your webpage and never robots or cheaters or anything else that would waste your valuable advertising dollar. I would venture so far as to say we have higher security in place than google adsense at a fraction of the cost in comparison for that visit to your web page.

TrafficSales, Jul 26, 2008 IP
  4. balwinder

balwinder Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for clearing that out intellectoday, but i only trustbux.to

balwinder, Jul 26, 2008 IP
  5. IntellectToday

IntellectToday Banned

Best Answers:
    See, sites like bux.to are given too much credit for what they do.

It has a high payout - $10.00.
    Right now, it has a Current Ad Count of 17.
    Plus, the advertising prices are insane.

It's very popular because it was one of the first sites to implement this idea, and it has an easy to remember name.

Don't get me wrong though - I'm not denying that it pays! I'm just saying that there isn't anything special about it, and in the way of features, prices, etc. it's not very good.

I would, however, like to show you a little bit of my site - BucketBux

This is NOT simply a way for me to promote my site, but a way to give a prime example of what I'm talking about.

• BucketBux has a minimum payout of $5.00.
    • Members who sign-up now receive a $0.05 bonus. DP members receive $0.10.
    • We charge $13.00 per 1000 member visits and each visit will last at least 20 seconds - $13.00 is VERY cheap compared to most PTC sites.
    • BucketBux is becoming well known on forums - it's heavily promoted.
    • Right on the NavBar there are links to information regarding the financial information and revenue distribution of BucketBux, as well as information regarding scams.
    • BucketBux has a streaming radio page setup so that you can listen to music and surf ads!

In other words - the prices are fair, the payout is low, and the features are plenty.

IntellectToday, Jul 26, 2008 IP
  6. RedLightDistrict

RedLightDistrict Peon

Best Answers:
    dont waste your time on fake ptc sites.there are only about 3 - 5 legitimate ptc sites out of tens of thousands. 99.9999% are all ponzi scams. ptc is now the absolute stupidest thing i have ever seen on the internet and for complete suckers anymore.

http://businessclix.blogspot.com/

RedLightDistrict, Sep 13, 2008 IP
  7. VisualMaster

VisualMaster Guest

Best Answers:
    Don't talk about things you don't know anything ! There are tons of great paying PTC sites ! I'm earning big money with them, so don't waste your time on posting here - you will not earn a single cent for it !

VisualMaster, Sep 13, 2008 IP
  8. RedLightDistrict

RedLightDistrict Peon

Best Answers:

let me guess your about 15 years old and you enjoy the fact these sites rob other people to pay you correct?:rolleyes:

dont listen to this fool people, hes just an investor at these sites and hes been programmed to lure newbies in;)

ptc is the most dispicable vial industry on the internet now.

its no f****n wander its been outlawed and banned by 99.9999% of affiliate programs and affiliate publishers:rolleyes:

so if you all have faith in a bunch of teenage scammers with illegal paypal and alertpay accounts, then yea go ahead and "invest" LOLOLOL your time and money in these stupid sites!:rolleyes:

RedLightDistrict, Sep 14, 2008 IP
  9. tonymorrison39

tonymorrison39 Guest

Best Answers:
    I own and run several ptc sites and sell ptc sites and I know that ptc is a great business although there are bad doctors bad lawyers and bad ptc site owners.Its human nature in every thing we do.

tonymorrison39, Jan 2, 2010 IP
  10. BrandonSolutions

BrandonSolutions Peon

Best Answers:
    BUX.TO IS A SCAM.

For a trustworthy PTC go to http://www.neobux.com. It is a huge PTC site with TONS of members, I currently use them and have been paid several times.

BrandonSolutions, Jan 3, 2010 IP
  11. kingpin123

kingpin123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You Know Places like Neobux Are legit I used To be a Golden Member Their And Their Forums Are Great

kingpin123, Jan 3, 2010 IP
  12. webbmaster

webbmaster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    most of them are not legit.. you know it is too easy to use a bot to do the clicks all day long.. advertisers do not get result.. and they stop paying the PTC site.. thats why most PTC are flight by night operations.

webbmaster, Jan 3, 2010 IP
  13. nicelife

nicelife Member

Best Answers:
    I would stay away from them everyday.

nicelife, Jan 22, 2012 IP
  14. smileverse

smileverse Peon

Best Answers:
    PTC is really not a good way to get traffic. The traffic generated through PTC are non relevant and people is not really interested in your website. They just visit your website because the PTC service website will pay for clicking the ads such as yours. You only get the visits/traffic but nothing is going to happen like conversions, leads etc. If you've placed CPM ads on your website then it may be benefit in that way to generate revenues for impressions. However, participating in the PTC is against google webmaster guidelines.

smileverse, Jan 22, 2012 IP
  15. golfpro1

golfpro1 Peon

Best Answers:
    There is always a worry that the clicks are from bots and not real person, you could experiment to see if the traffic converts

golfpro1, Jan 23, 2012 IP