1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The death of OPEC

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by guerilla, Sep 13, 2008.

This was barely reported. It might be a bigger event than Ike or Russia/Georgia.

Why is it that the news media fails citizens so badly? Could it be, because they are all propaganda networks? Thankfully we have the internet.

The death of OPEC

I'm guessing oil will go to $80/barrel, but don't expect to see that at the pump. Prices will stay high now that people have been adjusted to accepting high prices for gas.

guerilla, Sep 13, 2008 IP
  2. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    I missed that all together. This could have a huge impact on increasing output.

homebizseo, Sep 13, 2008 IP
  3. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    G this is very interesting but i do not think it would be a permanent situation. If it becomes permanent,then who will leave with them. If they are the only one leaving then it might not be such a good thing.

pizzaman, Sep 13, 2008 IP
  4. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    I have been saying all along that some country's have been trying to defeat us from the inside out with this restriction of oil production.
    It appears that the Saudi's have figured this out as well.

This is big news, if they do not return, O.P.E.C is finished and will be seen for what it is, a Political Organization that attempts to strangle hold the worlds economy at the will of it's members and their political views.

hmansfield, Sep 13, 2008 IP
  5. ly2

ly2 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I read about this right after it happen on reddit.com

I'm really surprised the media didn't pick up on it...the US media really is crappy...

ly2, Sep 13, 2008 IP
  6. jacky8

jacky8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I came to know about it now!!
    I didnt hear it either on TV
    Its a very serious news for the world's economy. But sometimes big things happen silently!!!

jacky8, Sep 13, 2008 IP
  7. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    we have narrowed the source of the news so much with corporate acquisition, that a lot of things go unnoticed. The laws were changed the first thing when bush took over. There was also a push to kill PBS

8. jacky8

jacky8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    thats complex politics.. I think the world is getting serious about fighting now that a lot of time has passed without a "Major War"

jacky8, Sep 13, 2008 IP
  9. ly2

ly2 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    PBS is crap anyway.

ly2, Sep 13, 2008 IP
  10. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Big waste of taxpayer money.

We should start looking for new energy sources with that cash. Better yet stop spending it to decrease the deficit and let private enterprise develop new energy sources.

bogart, Sep 13, 2008 IP
  11. Phynder

Phynder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Greed among the OPEC nations always overwhelms the production restrictions, especially when they see prices falling. This is the perfect storm for them as the oil prices begin to accelerate to the downside, thus encouraging more countries to cheat on their quotas, which will in turn further dampen pricing. I figure about $70 a barrel in 3-4 months.

Phynder, Sep 13, 2008 IP
  12. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Amazing that this didnt make front page headlines all over the world. Good find Guerilla. I Personally cant wait to see what the chevy volt will look like in 2010. It should be the first american electric car on the market. That is what will start turning opecs head sideways:D.

pingpong123, Sep 13, 2008 IP
  13. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSBykAngDpY
    watch the movie if you get a chance here is the trailer
    don't complain when you get no information

14. TechEvangelist

TechEvangelist Guest

Best Answers:
    In the very early part of the 20th century the US auto market was split between gas and eclectic vehicles. Gas vehicles won.

In the last 20 years there were several American-made electric vehicles on the market, mostly to satisfy California environmental requirements. There was the GM EV1, the Ford Think and the Ford Ranger EV. All were American electric vehicles. The best out of the bunch appears to have been the GM EV1, which GM would not sell, but rather only leased to a few hundred people in California. The took back all of the vehicles a few years ago (2003) when the leases expired and destroyed them all. The former owners offered to buy them, but GM refused to sell.

The Chevy Volt may be the first EV with mass-market appeal, but it won't be the first American electric car.

Get the video called, "Who Killed the Electric Car?" You can learn a lot about the history of American electric vehicles. It makes you want to go out and buy one.

BTW, the death of OPEC does not end the oil cartel, even if it does happen. The sub-group of OPEC is OAPEC (Organization of Arab Petroleum Exporting Countries). In the 1970s, the oil embargo against the US was not orchestrated by OPEC, as is widely misreported in the media. The OIL embargo was run by OAPEC. Other OPEC members were still selling oil to the USA.

Even when the news media does report an important event, the facts frequently get distorted by the agenda. If they cannot find a way to make it fit their agenda, the issue frequently does not get reported. So much for an unbiased media. :rolleyes: Can't live with them; can't live without them. :D

TechEvangelist, Sep 13, 2008 IP
  15. zawswe

zawswe Guest

Best Answers:
    This is bad news for the Dollar

zawswe, Sep 13, 2008 IP
  16. smatts9

smatts9 Active Member

Best Answers:
    This means nothing for the dollar, this is almost a non-event. OPEC hasn't ever worked, nothing kept these guys from going behind the others backs and selling more oil.

OPEC has been dead since its inception.

smatts9, Sep 13, 2008 IP
    browntwn likes this.
  17. Phynder

Phynder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Tell that to everyone in 1973. I agree that OPEC is weak now, but don't forget historical events.

Phynder, Sep 13, 2008 IP
  18. eric8476

eric8476 Active Member

Best Answers:
    OPEC's leverage was keeping oil prices down. Not that the concern for high oil prices is gone and with Saudi Arabia gone, OPEC's leverage is gone.

eric8476, Sep 13, 2008 IP
  19. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the link Pizza, checking it out:D

pingpong123, Sep 13, 2008 IP
  20. TechEvangelist

TechEvangelist Guest

Best Answers:
    That's the trailer for the video, "Who Killed the Electric Car?" Amazon has it for about $10. It is very worthwhile to watch if you are interested in electric vehicles.

I do want to see how the Chevy Volt deals with heat for colder areas of the country, as well as air conditioning for the hot climates. Those are major factors that hinder mass marketing appeal for EVs.

TechEvangelist, Sep 14, 2008 IP