1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

John McCain on The View - Is he really ready to be president?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by gregdavidson, Sep 12, 2008.

gregdavidson, Sep 12, 2008 IP
  2. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    thank you. both imploded today. you are welcome to use my signature.

pizzaman, Sep 12, 2008 IP
  3. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I personally base all my important decisions on the opinions of Whoopi Goldberg and Joan Behar. LOL

Remind me again what significant things theyve done to warrant this elevation? I've forgotten. Oh yeah... Whoopi was in Jumpin Jack Flash... a weighty art project that gave her great credibility. Joy was in a movie too, but I cant recall the name. Oh yeah, kudos for bringing this to the forum. It settles the issue in my mind.

[Seriously... no, I dont watch The View. I DO have a job.]

robjones, Sep 12, 2008 IP
  4. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
  5. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Oh yeah... Baba Wawa. Did she ask weighty stuff like "If you were a tree, what kind if tree would you be?" She's SO deep.

Why am I not surprised to find you get your news from The View?

6. earthfaze

earthfaze Peon

Best Answers:
    Barbara asked some good questions. I never watch Tv but the clip is hardly fluff questions by stupid women and Barbara Walters has shaken hands and done interviews with more presidents and presidential hopefuls than most people can even name. So I think it is worth a watch to anyone who actually gives a shit what the "maybe" next pres of the US has to say.

earthfaze, Sep 12, 2008 IP
  7. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    click on the link she is a legend

8. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    If Sarah Palin is having trouble knowing which index card to pull and read for foreign policy questions posed by Charlie Gibson, Senator McCain seems to be having trouble with the cards related to his running mate, since he can't seem to recall, much to his apparent dismay, that while he claimed Gov. Palin hasn't taken any earmarks while governor of Alaska, she, uh, has. Quite richly so, in fact - with Alaska persisting in taking the top spot in federal pork per capita (as well as top spot for rape and sexual assault per capita; a position particularly galling, given Palin's opposition to legal abortion, even in cases of rape or sexual assault).

On the subject of the "fiscal reformer" team he's got with his running mate:

It's well known Palin had a pretty hefty taste for pork while mayor of Wasilla, a town of 6500; $27 million, or about $4200 per person. So much so, John McCain specifically called the then-mayor's (and future running mate's requests, unbeknownst to him at the time) requests to task for their grossly out of proportion pork feed.

He's just forgotten that she has sought, and garnered, an additional $450 million or so in federal pork, since becoming Governor.

I do wish John McCain an honorable, peaceful retirement. While some like Rob seem to be more concerned about who's asking the question over what questions are being asked, the questions asked by Barbara Walters were pretty basic, really, certainly legitimate, and Sen. McCain's flustered answers were glaring - as glaring as those of his running mate in the Gibson interview.

northpointaiki, Sep 12, 2008 IP
  9. earthfaze

earthfaze Peon

Best Answers:
    Cheers to that. I also caught your comment in another thread about how you view adding Palin to the ticket as an indicator of McCain camps sarcastic approach to US politics. At least I think that is what you said? Totally agree and if you didn't say that first I will claim it as my own insight ;)

10. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    I just think truth tends to pop up everywhere, at the same time, earthfaze. I think we both just tapped onto what should be obvious, I'd say.

Because the ticket has kept Sarah Palin so tightly under wraps since her canned speech for the faithful at the RNC, it's been hard to get a better feel for her - what makes her tick, what she does and doesn't know, how ready she really is for national office, beyond the obvious hypocrisies of her stated stand on fiscal discipline, and her record as Mayor, then Governor, or her extreme stand on abortion, and other things previously discussed.

But with this first outing on the Gibson interview, I am more convinced than ever: Sarah Palin was picked in a rush to judgment at the 11th hour, and the more that is brought to light on this candidate, the more glaring it will be how woefully ill-suited she is for the job.

northpointaiki, Sep 12, 2008 IP
  11. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Doesnt explain why the Democrats started losing ground daily since she entered the race does it?

Really bothers some people that she's energized voters and totally changed the dynamic. Their demagogue who had the big coronation with the Hollywood set is tankiing even if his supporters compare him to Christ and her to Pontius Pilate. [Smoooth move btw... it really went over big. God I love Democrats.]

She isnt just drawing the GOP faithful... she's pulling in independents, and yes... a fair part of the Hillary camp. They may not agree with her, but regardless of motive, many are visibly supporting her.

If Obama has an ace up his sleeve he better pull it out. He's getting trounced in a race that political wisdom said was a cinch. Some strategist. Maybe everyone will forget his total lack of experience compared to the guy he's running against if he gives another good speech.;)

12. earthfaze

earthfaze Peon

Best Answers:
    I must be living in a box who said he was Jesus and she was Pilate? I want to read that :D

13. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Steve Cohen, a Democrat, on the floor of the Tennesee House:
    Cohen: Jesus was a community organizer

Its a GOP fantasy come true... Democrats are lining up to take shots at their own foot.

14. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    she gave an excellent speech and her delivery was superb. that is why the boost
    Now we are getting to know her. and this will change the situation.
    today was a very bad day for the pugs

15. earthfaze

earthfaze Peon

Best Answers:
    Funny stuff, I always get a kick when politicians try to assert god is on their side. Reminds of a story about a president saying God told him to go to war. Good stuff :D

16. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    dude how is the weather down there are you guys ok

17. earthfaze

earthfaze Peon

Best Answers:
    The Republican Convention was also very recent. Parties always get a boost around their conventions.

18. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Psst. The Dems had a convention a few days prior.

robjones, Sep 13, 2008 IP
  19. gregdavidson

gregdavidson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Anyway, if it wasn't for John McCain's wife coming on The View, they would've eaten him alive. I think Cindy McCain is more fit to be president than he is.

gregdavidson, Sep 13, 2008 IP
  20. muncle

muncle Guest

Best Answers:
    No, he's not and he's gonna be a terrible president. But if you compare him to the other alternative - pure idiotic moron who's in it for all the wrong reasons with his own personal agenda - then he's the only smart option.

muncle, Sep 13, 2008 IP