1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My AdSense Test which gave me more money

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by thefreebielife, Sep 3, 2008.

thefreebielife, Sep 3, 2008 IP
  2. indyonline

indyonline Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I have not tested it but I would think with more ads spread out well on the page would be more of a chance to get to get a click. Plus, I had a site that didnt have many ads and google adsense optimization reports for my sites said I should add more links

indyonline, Sep 3, 2008 IP
  3. tendulkar2

tendulkar2 Banned

Best Answers:
    You added only two 468*60 px ads in your site. I think you can do better if you add one more ad and a few link units.

tendulkar2, Sep 3, 2008 IP
  4. desilator

desilator Peon

Best Answers:
    Lots of people have said the fewer amount of ads has led to more money.

desilator, Sep 3, 2008 IP
  5. tifDP

tifDP Peon

Best Answers:
    The less ads = more money theory is only because people say the fewer ads you have, the higher chance that the highest paying ads will show up in the available slots. I myself think this is totally bogus because the highest paying advertisers are probably bidding to be in specific sites, but some other high paying advertisers just randomly appear. If you only have 4 links showing up, the chances of a high paying advertiser getting in are lower than if you have say, 8 links.

tifDP, Sep 3, 2008 IP
  6. desilator

desilator Peon

Best Answers:
    I havent noticed any difference.. I usually average 1-3 bucks a click and I have 5 - 6 ads on my sites.

desilator, Sep 3, 2008 IP
  7. atulperx

atulperx Banned

Best Answers:
    I think yes this work better but in my money making blog i use 3 ad section because in that niche cost per click is very low but i am satisfied with my earning from that too .

atulperx, Sep 3, 2008 IP
  8. thefreebielife

thefreebielife Peon

Best Answers:
    i didn't test with this blog. Plus too many adsense on a blog looks tacky to me.

thefreebielife, Sep 4, 2008 IP
  9. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe this test has been done in the past. Since you only have a few ads, only the advertisers willing to pay more will be shown. The real trick is getting the clicks. If you have a well traveled site with a hight ctr, then it makes sense that you only allow higher paying advertisers.

Good stuff!

tom

TommyD, Sep 4, 2008 IP
  10. DanPonjican

DanPonjican Active Member

Best Answers:
    The highest paying ads will be at the top (premium) locations anyway... so it wouldn't matter. Even if Google allowed you to have 20 ad groups, the top/premium spots would still be the same, high paying ads. The rest of them are just gravy.

DanPonjican, Sep 4, 2008 IP
  11. chenyaniv

chenyaniv Peon

Best Answers:
    but the highest paying ads will show at the top any way wheter if its 2 ads in a site or 9 ads, so whats the differance?

i mean, is that theory siad that less ads= more clicks, or less ads= more money on every click but same averange amount of clicks...

chenyaniv, Sep 4, 2008 IP