1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Directory Maximizer, real life experience

Discussion in 'Directories' started by SeattleCPA, Sep 1, 2008.

Say, just for people who've looked at the Directory Maximizer service...

About two months, someone here sort of recommended the service. So I tried it with one of the sites listed in my sig below (the business incorporation site). I couldn't, however, track the effectiveness of the service. Accordingly, a couple of weeks later, I took a brand new site I'd set up as the entity I'm using to publish edocuments, percheronhill.com and paid the roughly $120 to have my site submitted to roughly 850 free directories...

As of the date of this point, roughly five weeks after I submitted the site to direcetory maximizer, I have links from 56 directories per Yahoo. (I used the links command.)

A handful of hopefully useful comments:

1. I did have a handful of sites reject my site because it violated their rules. (I actually can't figure that one out... It truly is my first draft of the site I'll use as my edocument publishing entity).

2. I'm guessing that over time, I will pick up a bunch more sites... (I got tons of email messages...)

3. FYI, I also paid Joeant dot com for a listing... and curiously they don't show up on the yahoo list of sites linking it...

In short, I don't think a bunch of freebie directories gets you highly ranked for competitive terms. Obviously. But for a local business, I think the Directory Maximizer service gets two thumbs up. Ultimately, I'll probably find I've paid less than $1 a link...

Just one noob's two cents...

SeattleCPA, Sep 1, 2008 IP
  2. arctushar

arctushar Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, would u please brief all things clearly. Ur post didn't fulfill what i wished to see the thread topics.

arctushar, Sep 1, 2008 IP
  3. SeattleCPA

SeattleCPA Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry. Here's a more concise post...

If someone here is interested in using the Directory Maximizer service to get their web site listed in a bunch of free directories, they may be interested in my actual experience.

I paid roughly $120 to have the service submit my site www.percheronhill.com to roughly 800 free directories. Roughly six weeks later, Yahoo shows me that I have roughly 60 new free directories that list my site.

I assume the number of free directories I'm in will grow... All in all, I'm happy with the service. For $120, I saved hours (days?) of time.

That clearer?

SeattleCPA, Sep 2, 2008 IP
  4. SFOD_D223

SFOD_D223 Peon

Best Answers:
    The major issue with using the DM service is still the quality of the directories that they submit your sites to. Actually showing a small trickle of links like you've seen is much better than letting google spider your site and then see an explosion of over 800 links. That will trigger the algo to penalize you for "link" buying.

I've been an aff and a user of the DM service and have been please with my own usages.
    Keep in mind also that if the free directories get your links in "multi-paged" categories, you may not get spidered or even seen.

Food for thought.

SFOD_D223, Sep 3, 2008 IP
  5. Ideastone

Ideastone Peon

Best Answers:
    I have to cry foul here. If the site has only been picked up by say 50 directories, over a period of like 6 weeks, that DOES qualify as trickle link building. Just because you submit to 800 dirs at once doesn't mean you get accepted right away. In fact it often takes weeks or months for those links to get pushed through. Not to mention the fact that not all gained links are bought links. Getting links from free dirs is not the same as "link" buying.

Don't spread false ideas of link building as truth.

Ideastone, Sep 4, 2008 IP
  6. MikePost

MikePost Guest

Best Answers:
    Not to mention the fact Google doesn't see a difference in some free and paid directories. I had a website that got penalized because I submitted it to roughly 500 free directories. I didn't do anything else, no black hat seo, no malicious crap.

MikePost, Sep 4, 2008 IP
  7. rehash

rehash Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I doubt you can get penalized for submitting to directories.

rehash, Sep 4, 2008 IP
  8. scoobby

scoobby Active Member

Best Answers:

Google will find and penalise your site if you even just think that you are going to buy links in front of your computer with the toolbar instaled...... :eek:
    Be aware....:p

Anyway guys you have to do your homework before you post these things...

For the OP i think that u get easily satisfied..

scoobby, Sep 4, 2008 IP
  9. Maximizer

Maximizer Banned

Best Answers:
    Ok guys... I represent Directory Maximizer & would like to just say a few things to clarify doubts which seem to be engulfing this post...

To begin with, you CANNOT get penalized from Directory Submissions, simply coz if that were the case, you could very easily bring your competitors down. Search engines are aware of that and would not penalize you for it. At worst, your link from that directory would be ignored!

As for the links flowing in from directories, please note it takes up to 90 days (on an average) for your links to come in as different directories have different approval processes! Any SEO activity takes time, if you were to see instantaneous results you would have daily fluctuations in your SERP's.

And also, you CANNOT be listed more than once in a directory, under different categories! If you actually are getting something like that, then I'm sorry to say that you're not in a very quality directory.

At the end of the day, you need to do more than one thing to build links, and so it's advisable to build links even through directory submissions. But please don't do just this one thing and expect to see your rankings sky-rocket! Directory submissions do still help, provided done regularly and for niche-targeted terms.

Maximizer, Dec 19, 2008 IP
  10. DownUnder

DownUnder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ? who says it can not be done and if so why do you claim the directory is rubbish

DownUnder, Dec 19, 2008 IP
  11. LVrealestateHELP

LVrealestateHELP Peon

Best Answers:
    This post is a few years old....has anyone had any recent experience with this company Directory Maximizer?

LVrealestateHELP, Mar 24, 2011 IP
  12. xc06

xc06 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I believe Directory Maximizer is associated with directorycritic

xc06, Mar 24, 2011 IP
  13. LVrealestateHELP

LVrealestateHELP Peon

Best Answers:
    I have never heard of directory critic either....

LVrealestateHELP, Mar 24, 2011 IP
  14. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    A quick search on this forum would show how well respected Directory Critic is.

sarahk, Mar 24, 2011 IP
  15. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    As if post counting troll really care to follow your advice.

Do you really believe he don't know the answer?
    Within his very first post fucking idiot reopen 3 years old thread....
    in directories and not introduction forum... where Maximazer, site owner
    who started this thread was banned... thread no one else will ever care to reopen...

Are you so simple?
    Put together 2 ends and see what kind of answer you'll get.

:rolleyes:

fastreplies

fastreplies, Mar 24, 2011 IP
  16. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Project Mobius gets my humour, I'm sorry that you don't.

sarahk, Mar 24, 2011 IP
  17. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    Sorry but fucking spammers and trolls don't make me laugh.

[​IMG]

fastreplies

fastreplies, Mar 24, 2011 IP
  18. eleetgeek

eleetgeek Peon

Best Answers:
    I contacted them and asked them to come back to me once they analyze my keywords and if they can do 'proper' seo, its been 2 weeks, am still awaiting their response. For potential clients they are casual, I do not want to comment over their work! :)

eleetgeek, Mar 25, 2011 IP
  19. aeesh

aeesh Peon

Best Answers:
    How directory is helpful to increase keyword ranking ?????

aeesh, Sep 25, 2012 IP