1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Reject Project On Moral Grounds

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by whirlybird20, Aug 31, 2008.

1. RectangleMan

RectangleMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's mainly if they are convicted of a crime. Imagine your have a neighbor who is an admitted pedophile and has never acted on his sexuality. Now he wants to babysit and you turn him down because of his sexual orientation.

However...according to UK law...you are imho violating the law in the UK where it appears you reside.

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2007/uksi_20071263_en_1

RectangleMan, Sep 1, 2008 IP
  2. whirlybird20

whirlybird20 Guest

Best Answers:
    Won't happen again! I shall make myself too busy.

whirlybird20, Sep 2, 2008 IP
  3. themaindude

themaindude Peon

Best Answers:
    Next time, say what I do..

"What is your timeframe?"

they say whatver

"Im sorry I am unable to meet this deadline. Thank you for consideration"

themaindude, Sep 2, 2008 IP
  4. stallican

stallican Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi.
    Wouldn't that be a lie? Kind of a Christian No-no.

Here's something to think about.....what if he had said that he wouldn't hire you because of your Christian beliefs? The truth is, that this is discrimination as well.
    However, I think that the issue at hand revolves around "systematic" discrimination. In some cases, even this is acceptable. (For example, freight companies & moving companies rarely hire women as movers. Nothing is made of this.)

Now that said, I have turned down a lot of business because it was objectionable to me for some reason or another. Not necessarily objectionable to the world, but to me. Here's some examples:

1) Gay Strip Bar Site: Turned down even though there was big money in it ($10,000+). Now i don't consider myself prejudiced against gays. However, that said, the thought of spending 2 months organizing & formatting the images was not appealing to a straight guy like me.

2) Real Estate Company: I turned down a $10,000 + real estate company site recently because in my experience, Realtors are really really bad when it comes to collecting money. At lease in this neck of the woods.

3) Prick Factor: (pardon my French here) . I have turned down many sites for this reason. My development company tends to have very long term clients. Therefore, If I have that initial meeting and I get the vibe that this person is a total prick, regardless of the money, No thanks. At the end of the day I have to deal with them, and life is just too short.

4) Money: We have all turned down jobs because the other person didn't or couldn't pay what you were asking. Is this discrimination against the poor? Nope.

As you will see, 4 very different reasons. But all valid reasons to turn down a job.

stallican, Sep 3, 2008 IP
    kentuckyslone likes this.
  5. kentuckyslone

kentuckyslone Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Very good points. Yes, at least for most Christians, telling a lie is wrong

kentuckyslone, Sep 3, 2008 IP
  6. whirlybird20

whirlybird20 Guest

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't mind if they didn't want me to work for them because I was a Christian. That is their choice, and they have the right to choose.

whirlybird20, Sep 10, 2008 IP
    wisdomtool likes this.