1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is the Co-op network still live?

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by lleamon, Aug 21, 2008.

I sent support an email today that bounced back to me and attemps at calling them onf the phone is useless.
    I am interested in using the Coop Advertising Network to offer ad space on my current Word Press Blog at http://fixaslice.com.

I also have plans to setup many other static websites and/or blogs within the next 30 days and would like to leverage the SEO benefits of adding back links to all of them.

I am interested in posting simple text based ad (anchor text ads). Can anyone help in assisting me in how to actually instruct the vendor who sets up my blogs/static web pages in exactly what they need to do to it to work successfully with the Coop program.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Cheers,
    Monty

lleamon, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  2. grooveman

grooveman Peon

Best Answers:
    I think for the most part it is dead, or would appear so to me.
    I have had 5 text ads on one of my sites for almost two months. My weight is 169.
    I have no idea if my ads are showing up anywhere, or if I am just doing a bunch of free advertising for other people.
    Help is non-existent, I have posted questions in here but have had no answers.

grooveman, Aug 25, 2008 IP
  3. babanner

babanner Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @grooveman, your website's weight depend on many factors like the number of indexed pages in google, pagerank of those pages and maybe some more i dont know. I had almost the same weight the first month, but after two months i have ~6000 weight and ~7000 backlinks for my website SEOAnalytic.com .
    If you are unsure about if your link is showed or not on other pages, you may check this tool http://seoanalytic.com/tools/backlink_checker/ and then look at each backlink result to see wethere that page has ads.digitalpoint.com in its source code, if true, then your website may have been also showed in that page.

babanner, Aug 27, 2008 IP
    cdl512 likes this.
  4. FirespinJay

FirespinJay Active Member

Best Answers:
    I see many many top results ranking on this....

And I think you need um a half decent website to gain any weight....

I dont use this but trust me it isnt dead... shockingly realyl but hey alls fair in love n war IMHO

Jay

FirespinJay, Aug 27, 2008 IP
  5. tacoX

tacoX Peon

Best Answers:
    Google caught on, and sites get heavily penalized that are in the network.

tacoX, Aug 30, 2008 IP
  6. ZubZub

ZubZub Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you back that statement up with any facts for us please?

ZubZub, Sep 2, 2008 IP
  7. poseidon

poseidon Banned

Best Answers:
    long long time back (I think in 2006) it Matt cutts had said that Gogle coop and linkvault is not good, You can draw your own conclusion the situation after 2 years now. Also read this.

poseidon, Sep 2, 2008 IP
  8. ZubZub

ZubZub Peon

Best Answers:
    Ah, ok.

Seems as though I may have wasted my time joining the Digitalpoint co-op :(

ZubZub, Sep 3, 2008 IP
  9. tacoX

tacoX Peon

Best Answers:
    ... I don't just talk out of my ass. Remove the entire code from your pages, it can totally damage your rankings. It's considered blackhat SEO to gain links in such ways.

It would be nice to make a private network... I could only dream.

tacoX, Sep 4, 2008 IP
  10. vbigdeli

vbigdeli Active Member

Best Answers:
    can we hide 1*1 tracking img within javascript code?

vbigdeli, Sep 14, 2008 IP
  11. hasen

hasen Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know really..it seems www.moneyexpert.com are still #1 for loans. They've been there literally forever any everyone knows they use the co-op ad network. I realise that Google can't police every single keyword but 'loans'? I thought they could at least check that one now and again!

hasen, Sep 14, 2008 IP
  12. kapengbarako

kapengbarako Peon

Best Answers:
    The fact that one of the Co-op's factors is based on Google's indexed pages, most of the sites' weight will really suffer since Google always do a mass indexing of sites. Unlike before when it is very easy to index your sites in Google. I think Co-op should change it to the number of indexed pages in Yahoo

kapengbarako, Sep 22, 2008 IP
  13. InternetMarketingPro

InternetMarketingPro Banned

Best Answers:
    I have never tried it. I am sure that it worked well at one time.

InternetMarketingPro, Oct 10, 2008 IP
  14. mercuryyy

mercuryyy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think it's alive and it still does the job.

mercuryyy, Oct 11, 2008 IP
  15. tomm

tomm Peon

Best Answers:
    The CO-OP is alive, it's even sending emails when it doesn't find the CO-OP ads on my site. One thing though is that it's not approving non-english ads. As for Google penalizing CO-OP, there could be 2 types of penalty.

1) Penalize sites that run the co-op ads
    2) penalize sites that have co-op weight pointed at them

#1 I'm not sure, it could be but it surely doesn't penalize your pagerank
    #2 definately not

tomm, Oct 30, 2008 IP
  16. classic

classic Peon

Best Answers:
    I have joined the tnx.net network which is similar to DP co-op , Google did penalize me but I got lot of low PR backlinks in short period of time, so next time I have choose higher PR sites and less links per site, and it worked as there was something like 5 backlinks per week.
    Also what I noticed on my first attempt PR dropped from 3 to 1 and all internal pages that had PR2 droped to PR0 , but there was no traffic change so obviuosly Google has external and internal PR for a site/page

classic, Nov 1, 2008 IP
  17. story

story Peon

Best Answers:
    is that still happening?

story, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  18. robertfrapples

robertfrapples Peon

Best Answers:
    To say that a penalty of any sort on ANY site on the web is a definitive result of XYZ is almost impossible to prove.

Have you been kicked down the SERP's? Maybe because the search engines didn't like something else you've done (other than the coop), maybe they've implemented one of a million algorithm changes that impacted you. It's not like they send emails saying "we bumped you from page 3 to page 11 because of..." so it's just speculation on why you've been dinged.

The other side of the coin, for those who protest "I've done nothing different but start using the coop", nothing happens in a vacuum. Beyond what YOU do to effect your SERP rankings, let us not forget about the gazillion competitors you have. Maybe THEY'VE done something to effect your rankings. Could it be that you've been bumped, not because you've done anything wrong but because they're just doing something right?

Someone mentioned the moneyexpert site above as being successful and I couldn't agree more with that being pretty good proof. They get a lot of exposure and are easy pickings for a manual review and reverse engineering of that they're doing. That could lead to a potential penalty if the search engines didn't like what they saw and I don't see them pulling the plug.

Could G be penalizing people for using the coop?...maybe they are but to say that they DEFINITELY are is a bit of an overstep. Anyway, my $.02 take it or leave it.

robertfrapples, Nov 13, 2008 IP