1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

FRIENDLY TIP: If you are losing your hair, here is how you can fix it

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Edmond Dantes, Aug 27, 2008.

if you are dedicated and passionate enough about it. With a combination of propecia, laser treatment and hair transplants, you can make any head look normal. The cost is not prohibitive, imagine spending 10k and having a full head of hair for the rest of your life.

i started losing my hair when i was 18, but now, at 32, it looks completely normal, and i dont care about talking about it, no pics though

thought i would start this thread to pass that information on, i am very grateful to the guy that recommended it to me, completely changed my life for the better

Edmond Dantes, Aug 27, 2008 IP
  2. Edmond Dantes

Edmond Dantes Peon

Best Answers:
    let me give some background

Started losing my hair when I was around 18, when I found out I started wearing a hat all of the time. Also got on rogaine at that time. ($50/mo.) not sure if it helped but applying it to the scalp 2 times a day was a pain in the ass. A few years later propecia came out and I got on that. My doctor was pretty cool and used to go to her office and she would give me a 6 month supply of samples to take home, that lasted for a few years, then $50/mo. then I decided that the rogaine was not helping very much and stopped using it, not much changed after I stopped. I kept on the propecia for years, then about 4 years ago I friend of mine told me he had gotten implants done and that if I cared enough, to do it. It came down to being just under 5k and I had to go in for a consultation, then come back a few weeks later to do it, that’s what it comes down to, was like no big deal at all to do.

Btw, they had an option to finance it over 18 months, and the cost of that was about 10% (of 5k), so I told them I would give them all cash and they credited me the$500 they would have had to pay the financing company.

Before the operation, they took you into a room, did some measurements on your head, marked some things. You can basically get 1100 to 1400 transplants from an operation. They slice a thin piece of skin from the back of your head and cut the hairs out from it, then put them into your scamp from tiny holes they have precut. Now, a transplant can be anywhere from 1 to 5-6 hairs, they generally put the single implants along the front and outer parts, and more grouped implants in the middle.

So after the operation, you have a bandage on your head, and your face gets puffy for a few days, you look like a monster. You cant wash your hair for 2 days, then you can gently pour soapy water on your hair for 5 days, then after a week you can put your head under a nozzle and wash it, 2 weeks after the operation they take the stitches out of the back of your head, the scabs around the transplanted hairs fall out about 19 days post-op. That period of time is very uncomfortable, but about a month to 6 weeks out, your normal again

After the operation, some of your existing hair falls out, then for the first 6 months, you have les hair than you did before. Then about 6-8 months out the hairs start to grow and you see the results a year later. Then you are very pleased

I realized that being bald is an option and if one determined enough wanted to have a full head of hair, they could make it happen. For me, it’s a non-issue, a hairpiece was never a good option

Btw, I know about a dozen people that have had this done, its not something many talk about. as its real hair, i dont care as much, and man, its something that changed my life a lot.

Edmond Dantes, Aug 27, 2008 IP
  3. anions

anions Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Good on ya.

meh, I'll just shave the motherfuckers off when i start balding ;)

anions, Aug 27, 2008 IP
  4. sanjay_bhuarya

sanjay_bhuarya Peon

Best Answers:
    thx for info i will save it for future referance [:D]

sanjay_bhuarya, Aug 27, 2008 IP
  5. getjimmy

getjimmy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I will like to see some of your pics.

getjimmy, Aug 27, 2008 IP
  6. deluxdon

deluxdon Catch Me If You Can...!!!™ Staff

Best Answers:
    I would like to see your before and after treatment pictures if available.

DON.

deluxdon, Aug 27, 2008 IP
  7. muncle

muncle Guest

Best Answers:
    what exactly is propecia?

muncle, Aug 27, 2008 IP
  8. esidyo

esidyo Peon

Best Answers:
    Which hair are u talking about ? on the bottom or the above?

esidyo, Aug 27, 2008 IP
  9. leandar

leandar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hmm i am into this problem my head covered now :D

leandar, Aug 27, 2008 IP
  10. roughdraft

roughdraft Peon

Best Answers:
    I thought the tips would be consisting of natural home remedies, but then, thanks for the suggestions. Quite costly but then, sometimes you really have to spend a little more than the budget.

roughdraft, Aug 28, 2008 IP
  11. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Finasteride....a synthetic antiandrogen.

Beware: It can cause impotence! :eek:

If you have hair but can't get a boner, what's the point? :p

Crazy_Rob, Aug 28, 2008 IP
  12. muncle

muncle Guest

Best Answers:
    There go my hopes for thick locks :eek:

muncle, Aug 28, 2008 IP
  13. Edmond Dantes

Edmond Dantes Peon

Best Answers:
    sorry man, im too vain right now, im just really happy with the results, i would recommend it to anybody

it was a big change in my life when somebody recommended it to me, let me just say that, for the better

Edmond Dantes, Aug 31, 2008 IP
  14. Ikaruga

Ikaruga Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is highly relevant information that can help me in my conquest to become the most richest webmaster ever so that I can make the bang bang with european supermodels. thank you sir.

regards

Ikaruga, Aug 31, 2008 IP
  15. Edmond Dantes

Edmond Dantes Peon

Best Answers:
    its something that was released about 12 years ago or so that was supposed to stop hair loss, before that the only thing was rogaine, those were basically the 2 things that were out in the past 20 years that doctors saw any results in

on someones head? did i answer that right?

dude, thats in like 2% of cases, anything happens.

has never been a problem for me, only a solution to help my self confidence in order to be able to get chicks

it was a big deal for me when i started losing my hair

well think about it this way, your shelling out that much money, but its for life, thats it, know what i mean?

16. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    I know- a bunch of my friends take it and their wives and girlfriends don't complain.

My guess is that it's probably something else that causes it for the people who report the sexual problems anyway.

Crazy_Rob, Aug 31, 2008 IP
  17. Edmond Dantes

Edmond Dantes Peon

Best Answers:
    and ill tell you what, even if there were sexual problems there, id probably take something for those just to be able to keep taking propecia

(sorry for making you have to merge those posts)

18. ferdius

ferdius Peon

Best Answers:
    In my country (Argentina) hair transplantation (say it is the best treatment) is expensive.

I am glad that you feel good

ferdius, Aug 31, 2008 IP