1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

"Tricks" to get High PR backlinks

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by DinoCagney, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    It is not an assumption. It is a fact.

Even with several posts here with links to data to support this claim, you are still not getting it. You refuse to get it. You refuse to learn. That is your loss, not ours.

This is basic SEO 101 stuff. I dare you to post your claims over at SearchEngineWatch forums and see how far you get. They would delete your thread before an hour had transpired. Well maybe not delete it, but after they had a laugh or two ... it would get locked and disappear into oblivion.

I even tried to explain just how unimportant those Ezine profile links are. In fact, I think I demonstrated that they are totally worthless. They are not worth the time to register and fill the form out for, plus you are giving them your email address to boot (that is all we need, more spam advertising).

Dodger, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  2. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    Great. Another 'how-to' on spamming forums and blogs. Most of that same information on this site is being reprinted here at DP.

I will tell you this. Any blog worth getting a link from sees right through this crap. And if you do manage to get a link through, chances are there are another 100 comments to compete with. The more links that are outgoing, the less juice.

Dodger, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  3. snowbird

snowbird Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe I am missing something here....

is the same as:

How is the pagerank of an individual page different then being attached to a page on a particular domain? There is no difference! That's why PR is assigned on a page level, and not for the entire domain.

I could go and create a page on a PR 3 site of mine, which has no internal PR, and post only your link on it. The PR value of the page? 0. It probably won't be indexed for a week or two. Unless it is internally linked from my homepage, the PR juice it will get comes from another internal PR 0 page. This is of course assuming no external links point to the newly created page.

PR is calculated by the pages providing the links. The same applies to internal links as it does external links. Reading more about this topic at Wikipedia will help you to understand PR better and some of the terminology associated with it.

Pagerank, as titled, is exactly that. The rank of that page.

snowbird, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  4. ezprint2008

ezprint2008 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hey Dodger .. whats up your backend today?
    Maybe you should realize that this forum posts Free stuff when its useful.

As an example mirisaamali posted a URL over in SEO optimization about 100 Do Follow checked and verified sites.

Put your whip away and settle down - trying to behave as authorities in forums - can be daunting when attacking people who have been credible to the forums since before your posts were even born. LOL

people get swinging that bat - and then they wanna hit EVERYBODY.
    (sprays Dodger with cold water from garden hose)

Im gonna go and remove that PR 10 single page link that i had pointing to webstractions.blog hacking the nofollow.
    Try to crap in my bowl of Fruit Loops huh? LOL j/k

ezprint2008, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  5. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    Number one, I do not appreciate being sprayed with cold water! :eek:

Mostly I call them as I see them. And if you haven't noticed, I have been calling them for going on five years now. Mostly not here, but other forums such as WPW and SearchEngineWatch.

I am not an expert, but I am not an idiot either. There are some common sense approaches to the myriad of subjects that are being floated around here. And when I see cow dung, I call it cow dung. Follow?

A lot of people come to DP because it is popular. They read, and they believe it to be gospel. Heck, Angela reads an article at EzineArticles and uses it as proof for method of backlinking.

Most of the people here go with the status quo, and I rarely see any dissenting voices. Moderation sucks too. It is a free-for-all whorefest in my opinion.

So if it seems to you that I may be pulling out the whip, I don't really care. I am not here for a popularity contest. I am here to help people where I can, when I can.

If I can convince just one person that chasing stupid backlink suggestions when they should focus their efforts elsewhere, then I have done my job. And yes, all of these topics have been around before YOU even formed an intelligent post in your head.

So take my link away. I don't want it. And BTW, that one article has more PR value than the rest of the blog put together --- why? Because of the value in the links pointing to it. That post took me one hour to compose. How many links of that caliber can YOU get in one hour?

Dodger, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  6. AngelaE8654

AngelaE8654 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Guys! :)

Just another comment. Like I thought; we're never going to really know how much stock Google puts into links on individual pages vs. the domain itself. (Some call this a "link neighborhood"; junky/spammy type links don't usually end up on pages with top PR.) It's a secret of their algorithm, and they're not sharing. Matt Cutts says that sort of question is like asking for the recipe for "secret sauce". Here is an interview with him where he says just that:

See interview here.

Therefore, a link from a PR 8, 9, or 10 domain just may be a good thing for your website. Like I've been saying all along, it could be counterproductive to turn away such links when they are available, just because you think the individual page's PR is not sufficient enough. However, to each his own. You do need to do what you think is best for your own website. :)

Google's algorithm is more Top Secret than most government files. :D The best I can do is use the examples given to me by Big Name sites with Top-Notch PR for my website, and give those same techniques to webmasters who are receptive to using them to help increase their own site's Page Rank.

AngelaE8654, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  7. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    You took that out of context.

You have to read the previous question in regards to social bookmarking, and how those services could be gamed and whether or not Google put less weight on them. It is there where Matt brought up .edu/.gov links as a comparison, they too could be gamed ... but since most people link to them, the PR kicks in.

Matt was purposely cryptic in saying that social bookmarks were not given any less weight (meaning, PR wise, they have none. So there is no weight to lose ... funny huh?)

But there is also the "trust" factor of the site in question. A PR 6 website with a low trust factor could very well be less than a PR 4 with a very high trust.

Either way, this does not over-ride any computations on PageRank. A link on a page of lesser importance, is worth less than one of more importance.

Here is another tidbit. Have you heard of deep-linking? That is where you link to internal pages or sections. It is an important link development concept. This is where you try to drive the natural PR of those pages/sections upwards. Normally you try to do this with external links.

The reason being is that normally your homepage (base domain) holds all of your pagerank, and you disperse it from there. With external deep-linking, you try to direct PR to those internal pages/sections, thereby boosting them without drawing from the base. This is good for targeted keywords that has nothing to do with other sections of your site.

Still, the link on any page is only worth a portion of that pages rank. If the page is low, the link is low. Factor in how many outbound/inbound links there are on the page ... and it is worth even less.

Think of it as ever-flowing hydraulic sytem. Pressure flows from a source (the home page) throughout the system (website), larger tubing (sections) allow for the pressure to vent into the capillaries (smaller sections) and into miniscule portions that barely get a drop of fluid.

Dodger, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  8. AngelaE8654

Best Answers:
    Matt Cutts actually shut down when the issue of "link neighborhoods" came up. I do understand they were previously talking about Social Bookmarks (some of those sites actually carry great PR), but it was when Matt Cutts was directly asked about the value of "link neighborhoods" as opposed to the type of site or the actual Page Rank that he shut that portion of the conversation down, as it was getting into the secrets of the algorithm itself. I find it interesting that if something is simply NOT true, Matt Cutts will usually say so. Yet~he was evasive on this issue. Why?

Now...another point, Dodger...if you're going to get into mechanical explanations, you will lose me completely. My husband's mind runs along those types of channels, and that is how he explains a lot of things. It loses me, usually. :D

Have a great evening! :)

9. AngelaE8654

Best Answers:
    Thank you, Rusty. :)

10. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know the answer on the neighborhoods question and why he 'shut down'. I only read thru to the pertinent parts LOL.

My guess is that the question touched on wanting to know a one of the ingredients in the secret sauce. And Matt was not going to say.

So you dont like mechanical. How about anatomy?

Let's take the heart. It is PR6. What has more PR (blood) running thru your website (body)? Your jugular, the vein that pops up nice and blue on your forehead, or the little cappularies in your fingertips?

Now if you wanted to give me a lot of blood real quick and in large quantities, where would you give it to me from?

Dodger, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  11. AngelaE8654

Best Answers:
    Well, one thing I DO know...I know the actual ingredients in Secret Sauce; what the recipe used to be, and what it is now. Did you know it used to have anchovies and raisins in it? Really. ;)

P.S. The anatomy analogy works much better for me. Thank you. :)

12. ezprint2008

ezprint2008 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Dodger..
    LOL ~

I understand all that your spouting off in rapid fire emotional climactic hysteria-style posting.
    But lets change gears out of that for a second. :)

I dont really have a PR 10 single link pointing to your site (it was a joke to ease an SEO meltdown moment) :)
    The site I posted isnt spam or scam- because its not an SEO site - just a few pages I was able to use to put up some Free SEO tutorials. (Its actually for businesses that look for printing - but thought I'd share it with DP since it was SEO info )

As far as the credibility or accuracy of the information in the SEO tutorial - If you'd like to read it (its not that long) and if you can find anything to add or debate the accuracy of, let me know - I'd be willing to make alteration or update for the integrity of the tutorials - if the suggestions are without a doubt an additive to the quality of the tutorials.

Concerning getting BIG PR links in one hour. First of all congratulations if that took you one hour to compose and returned that high of link for the ocntent. It is an interesting blog as many would be very interested to know how to beat the rel="nofollow".

Why dont you make an SEO Facts list to post.. to fight back against all the seo whoredom you say is prevalent

ezprint2008, Aug 27, 2008 IP
  13. Cbrooker

Cbrooker Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm amazed that this thread has gone on this long. It is frustrating to have to sit and read and watch other people get sucked into believing the misinformation propogated through Angela's "technique".

Cbrooker, Aug 27, 2008 IP
  14. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    EZprint,

Sorry for the rant. Sometimes I just fly off the handle. And I will go back and review your articles when I get some more time.

Maybe I will create a thread about some of the myths that are continually perpetuated in the forums. But, I have a feeling that it would fill up with the same rhetoric that is prevalent in this thread and others. Although having it there for posterity and linking to it in my sig might not be a bad idea.

The post I was referring to is not from my personal blog (sig line) it is another blog. One of the BIG PR links (if you would characterize it as such) came from an Andy Beard article. The value was not so much in the link, but the exposure I received from it. One thing lead to another, and other bloggers felt compelled to link to it as well.

That post makes for a good lesson. It demonstrates how spending time on your own content will garner unsolicited one-way relevant backlinks. And it is not just content that can get the links. It could be a free online tool or service, for example. All is needed is to put your efforts in finding that one thing that people will want to link to, and then you will reap the benefits for years to come without lifting another finger.

Dodger, Aug 27, 2008 IP
  15. theworldwinner

theworldwinner Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i think top commentator is the best for high pr backlinks
    not only you get doffollow backlinks you are on the home page of a high pr page and you get links from lots of internal pages also

theworldwinner, Aug 27, 2008 IP
  16. Marcosll

Marcosll Peon

Best Answers:
    This definitely looks like it works. Guys, keep in mind that the PR on your toolbars won't update until the next PR update but the PR will be passed from the site almost instantly, lovely page, wow.

If the PR on the page appears right away then there's probably something wrong with what they are doing on their website.

Marcosll, Aug 27, 2008 IP
  17. crumblepie

crumblepie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    LOL. I've got an entire e-book dedicated to making the most of these do-follow sites. Here's the sales thread, the book is called 'Authority Exposed':
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=960667

crumblepie, Aug 27, 2008 IP
  18. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    Usually the number one commentator on the home page is some dude named "SEO Baltimore". :D

SEO Baltimore always comments first with "nice job Steve", hits up enough posts to assure a spot on the list, and then disappears.

BTW, I think all of the links on those post pages are NoFollow. You have to make the list for the DoFollow. In my opinion, the plugin for this is a joke.

Dodger, Aug 27, 2008 IP
  19. mackdesi

mackdesi Guest

Best Answers:
    This is just hilarious ...

You obviously are sharing a lot on here so why don't you spend 5 mins and update your site maybe once a week? :eek:

mackdesi, Aug 27, 2008 IP
  20. expiringdomains

expiringdomains Peon

Best Answers:
    Check the signtures of silveraden it points to many many of such do-follow blogs.

Happy ranking in Google.

expiringdomains, Aug 27, 2008 IP