1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

"Tricks" to get High PR backlinks

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by DinoCagney, Aug 21, 2008.

1. AngelaE8654

AngelaE8654 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly. :) It's also not about article marketing at all; it's an article talking about methods one can use to get one way backlinks for their websites. Number 4...articles...was mentioned as a "preferred" method for obtaining such backlinks.

AngelaE8654, Aug 25, 2008 IP
  2. Cbrooker

Cbrooker Active Member

Best Answers:
    Anglela, why have you now changed your perspective saying that it's a "one way backlink" when you were stating before that these links carried the weight of the domain that these come from?

Wrong, you get a link from a PR10 website, it's not a PR10 backlink. Misinformation!

Wrong. You get a one-way link from the site but it does not pass the juice from the PR6 website as you suggest.

Wrong. You don't. You get credit for the backlink, but it's not a PR6 backlink.

Why even continue to do this and openly promote your "service" throughout this thread when what you are promising you can not deliver on. Sure it's semantics if you say a link from a "PR10" website, but you've stated in several locations that PR10 link, PR6 link etc ... it's wrong and very misleading.

I've posted 19 sites on my blog that can give you 1 way links from PR6 & PR5 websites, but indicated clearly that these links will not be PR6 & PR5 ... while there are places to get PR4 and lower links on them if you search long enough.

The only correct thing that you have said in this thread which is known is that the links you're talking about are free one-way links, but they are not high PR links as you've stated on several occassions.

Cbrooker, Aug 25, 2008 IP
  3. AngelaE8654

Best Answers:
    That wasn't my article. I didn't write the article and I didn't write the title. I was simply pointing out that people DO, indeed, say that you can get a backlink from posting articles on article directories. Dodger specifically said that this was not true. Yet, the article I showed is not only in the "most viewed" list in its section on Ezinearticles, it's also in the "most published". Meaning that people really are saying that article directories are good for backlinks!

Like I've been saying, if all those "inner page backlinks" you get are N/A or 0, why are so many thousands of people talking about how to get backlinks by using such methods? Forums, blogs, article sites, and the like. They all give you "inner page" backlinks. And yes, I understand that even low PR backlinks help. But do you really believe people would be working so hard for backlinks that "might, someday" have Page Rank?

My own backlink count is still actually rather low. And my site needs a lot of help. Yet, my own PR has been rising steadily in the one year my site has been online. Other websites have dropped in PR. Even some "authority sites" have lost PR in this last update. I do not believe that a few or even a few dozen High PR backlinks will automatically make a website a PR 6. It takes a lot of good links as well as some time to get it there.

People are saying that "inner page" backlinks won't give you High Page Rank credit, but I have yet to see irrefutable evidence proving that. The only "links" that have been posted to "prove" anything here were the ones to Google's site that said quality and relevant links matter. Yet~posters here are still trying to say they've "proven" what they were saying.

This is an issue that people here will believe what they believe. No sense continuing to debate it, IMO. :)

AngelaE8654, Aug 25, 2008 IP
  4. good4every1

good4every1 Banned

Best Answers:
    Thank you.I will do :)

good4every1, Aug 25, 2008 IP
  5. Cbrooker

Cbrooker Active Member

Best Answers:
    Angela,

People build links using these methods because people understand that link building takes place over time. The benefit realized from their efforts is seen over time. Plus, as the articles, posts etc get indexed by the search engines they gain PR themselves, which means that the value to the sites they do link to increases.

Plus, all link building isn't about driving PR, it's about driving traffic! Do you understand the difference?

Have you seen anyone denying that article publishing, forum posting etc is bad for building links? No! But this is nothing new. Everybody generally agrees with this method for obtaining backlinks, yet you are the only one I see insisting that these links carry a much higher page rank than they do.

Anyway, PageRank is overrated and does very little to affect traffic from what I can see. My low PR sites do just as well traffic wise than those with double the PR.

The only misinformation that is getting propogated throughout this thread is from you, stating that a link on the inner pages of a high PR site (PR10, PR6 etc) will pass that value ... and many people with much more knowledge than myself have indicated that this statement that you keep saying, is not correct!

The only think that this thread has done is provide you with the opportunity to have your signature and your service obtain a few more links back to the misinformation that you keep insisting from your "extensive review of High PR sites" ... geez.

Cbrooker, Aug 25, 2008 IP
  6. James_P

James_P Peon

Best Answers:
    Guess I should throw up some sarcasm tags next time.

James_P, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  7. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    People are so naive. That article was written for one purpose, to sell software for guess what? Article submissions. Of course they are going to laud that as the greatest thing for one-way backlinks.

It also interesting to note that this article writer left out some other cool ways to get one-way backlinks, except one, writing interesting content:

Writing interesting content for YOUR website is not preferred over writing an article for lets say, their website? Give me a break.

Also the author incorrectly equates your content as being linkbait? This is wrong on so many levels. The author is again showing their true motives -- to sell the article submit software.

Still there is some worth in writing an article and having it syndicated around the internet. But you have to remember, that duplicated content on the web is not good -- but the backlinks would add up, albeit they will not be of much value because of the dupe content.

And remember, you still have to provide a quality article. I would much rather syndicate my articles through a blog underneath my control. People tend to link to those articles with their own original content with a sprinkling of citations from the original.

Dodger, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  8. snowbird

snowbird Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Inner page backlinks can and do pass pagerank. But I think most people here are saying that a PR 10 domain's inner page with a PR NR or 0 has little to no PR to pass. That is most likely true, but we all must remember that the Google Toolbar displays old PR data. Even though a page may show up as a PR NR, it may have PR assigned to it by Google which has not been exported yet.

Source: http://www.google.com/corporate/tech.html

Pagerank is assigned for each page. That being said, the value of ones backlink is dependent on the quality/importance of the single page the backlink appears on - not the top level domain.

snowbird, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  9. Commenter

Commenter Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think it has to be on the main page.

Commenter, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  10. eugie17

eugie17 Peon

Best Answers:
    I will not trust someone who promises PR10 link while the site itsel has no PR at all!!!

eugie17, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  11. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    After some analysis of EzineArticles.com, I have to say there are some pretty self-evident truths to share.

When your article gets syndicated, a link must be attributed back to the Authors lead-in page (not the bio). Author's bio (the so-called profile page) is linked to from the lead-in page.

Links to your website are on the bio page, not the lead-in page.

Unless you have over 748 articles (that number is climbing) your bio/profile page, with the link to your website is four clicks to access from the home page.

Four clicks! The further you are away from the homepage, the harder it is to access. It also means the page is least important. Pages one click away are more important than two clicks, and so on.

Let's examine their number one article writer Lance Winslow with over 13,000 articles. Even though his bio page is only three clicks away, and his lead-in page is a PR4 from massive syndication of his articles, his bio page is N/A. Say that again? Yes it is N/A.

Examination of the other top article writers, and some lesser authors, reveals that their extended bio pages are also N/A.

Inspecting Lance's articles, those articles are also N/A. Even the older articles are N/A. You have to ask yourself why that is. Why are his older articles not gained even a PR0 (yes, there is a difference between N/A and 0 and I will take the 0 over N/A)

Perhaps the articles are deemed dupe content? If so, then the link on the page has been assessed somewhere else on the web, and not at EzineArticles. Technically, the link is worthless for the most part. Whatever juice it does have is comparable to a grain of sand on the beach.

So, is this a "trick" to gain a backlink? Not really, not if there is no value in the link ... which I think it is evident there is none.

I did find one advantage of EzineArticle! This author Emilie Robin, I think she is hot!

Dodger, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  12. AngelaE8654

Best Answers:
    I understand that some pages have higher PR than others. I've always understood that. That has not been what's being debated. What is being debated is if your link appears on an inner page, what type of backlink credit you will be getting from Google. You are all still assuming that you will be given credit only for the PR on which the actual page of your link appears. This quote from Google says nothing about the value of backlinks from any particular domain.

This is still an assumption!

AngelaE8654, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  13. AngelaE8654

Best Answers:
    You certainly don't have to use any of my techniques or put your link on any of the High PR sites that I find. You are completely free to use your own backlink system. :)

14. AngelaE8654

Best Answers:
    Another point: Many people believe that .edu and .gov backlinks are "better". However, if you can get those types of links (they are very difficult to find), they will be most likely on some forum or blog's "inner pages" somewhere. Why do people think that Google values these types of backlinks more? Is it because .edu and .govs are almost always High PR, authority domains and you will be given credit for the domain itself?

Some backlink services which charge a great deal of money focus on finding these types of links for webmasters!!

Here's one that charges a pretty penny for such links.

This blogger shows you what .edu backlinks (you can see from his example that these are "inner page" links) can do for your website. His example is showing you page one of Google for a very competitive product. The "inner pages" of the .edus still gave the product top Google placement!

Here's another blogger who believes that backlinks from trusted sites are better. This blogger is well respected in the Webmaster community.

15. SEOibiza

SEOibiza Peon

Best Answers:
    Angela to be fair youre way out of your depth here. in a year or 18 months when you understand this all properly you will read this thread back and cringe I promise you.

now you seem nice if a little misguided so I'm not going to rip into you, and to be fair DP is one of the places you'd be more likely to get bites for your service you're trying to sell here (go try it on WPW or any of the more serious forums ;) ) but I dont think you're doing yourself any favours with the link in your sig, nor your landing page.

there will always be room for link-building of various sorts and good honest hardworking linkbuilders are hard to find but you shouldn't try and argue too deeply about this stuff until you understand it properly and you are seriously misrepresenting your service, and thus damaging your credibility.

seriously.

SEOibiza, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  16. snowbird

snowbird Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Angela, Google clearly states that it is the page that casts the vote (passes PR) not the domain. If that were not the case, then the PR in the toolbar would be the same for each page in a Website.

I've had sites that had lower PR on the homepage then on some inner pages. So let's say my PR 3 domain has a PR 4 inner page. I place an outbound link on the PR 4 page, so what PR does it pass? The PR 3 from the domain or the PR 4 from the page the link appears on? Do you see how confusing this?

What you are using is a marketing tactic. Get a PR 10 link or something to that degree. When in actuality the backlink does not appear on a PR 10 page. Long before you or I were members here, webmasters had already set an industry standard. And that standard is the PR on the page your link appears on is what passes PR - not the domain. And this standard was created from Google's own description of how PR is passed.

Regarding your other post about .edu backlinks. Matt Cutts has said these are no more valuable then a .com backlink. The only reason why .edu backlinks tend to have high PR is because their sites are well established. IMO it's a waste of time chasing high PR .edu backlinks because in most cases they are not related.

I believe the only way you will learn the techniques to better PR/ranks is by the failure of your own methods.

snowbird, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  17. SEOibiza

SEOibiza Peon

Best Answers:
    well strictly speaking it actually doesn't pass either does it? it passes it's real PR level which we don't know, can only make guess-timations at, and may or may not be weighted by Google according to up to a couple of hundred other factors we dont know either :D

SEOibiza, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  18. AngelaE8654

Best Answers:
    Hi Snowbird,

One more comment, and then I need to go. Besides, we probably aren't going to ever agree, and that's okay. :) You are still talking about page rank of individual page. I never debated that. I fully realize that pages within a website have varying degrees of Page Rank.

However, that quote says nothing at all about the value of other people's links when attached to a page on a particular domain. It does not clearly say that a link to an outside site on each page carries only the weight of the page itself.

I need to get back to work finding great places to get backlinks from. I appreciate all the valuable, intelligent discussion that has taken place on this thread. I've spent too much time with you great people and not enough time on my business. So I will have to "bow out" of this discussion now. ;)

I hope to cross paths with you all on other threads when I have a little bit of time. Thanks again for the awesome discussion. :)

19. rustyc

rustyc Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow... I had no idea that it was so easy to get high PR, one way backlinks. The link that Angela mentions in her ebook is especially interesting.

rustyc, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  20. ezprint2008

ezprint2008 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    ezprint2008, Aug 26, 2008 IP