1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

"Tricks" to get High PR backlinks

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by DinoCagney, Aug 21, 2008.

1. muncle

muncle Guest

Best Answers:
    Obviously, your research failed. High PR website got their PR from backlinks. It's always about backlinks. The thing is - in order for any page to get a high PR, there must be either large number of low PR pages linking to it, or fewer, but super high PR pages linking to it, or a combination of two. If you think they got high PR by having few PR0 links from a domain that has a PR6 home page, then you are terribly wrong. And since you keep saying it over and over, I can't go otherwise but to call it a misinformation.

Another misinformation. Most webmasters (pretty much all, except from beginners who are just learning the game) understand the importance of backlinks and understand that each backlink counts. They also understand that PR0 backlink from a site that has PR6 home page can grow overtime, so it could become a highly valuable PR5 backlink in some time. But from this board you can tell that webmastering is not an easy game. Many webmasters spend hours upon hours playing the SERP game, working hard to get more traffic to their sites. These webmasters realize importance of backlinks and I can't imagine any of them turning away an opportunity to get one. Even if it's PR0.

Can you see where you're spreading misinformation or are you still going to continue blabbering the same nonsense over and over? I have over 700 posts on DP forums. The home page of DP forums has a PR7. Do you think my 700 signature links account for 700 PR7 links? By your logic they do, but in reality they don't. They count as 700 PR0 link, some of them will turn to higher PR over time and all together they don't amount to as much because they come from the same domain, but they still count for something. However if those were 700 PR7 links, I'd be laughing my ass off dominating search engine position for every keyword my sites compete for.

muncle, Aug 24, 2008 IP
    Cbrooker likes this.
  2. AngelaE8654

AngelaE8654 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Actually, I never said that every link on a domain counts for a separate backlink. In order for the backlinks to carry weight, they have to come from different IPs.

This I got from Brad Callen, creator of SEO Elite. :)

And I never said this, either.

AngelaE8654, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  3. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    That is a given. It is part of the link analysis from not only Google, but the other search engines as well (if they are worth their salt).

I am kind of happy to know that you understand that links should come from various locations on the Internet. Keep that thought in your head. This "was" how various link farms were set up to game the search engines.

But that is only a portion of true link analysis. There are other things to take into consideration ... and this is where you are just not getting the total picture.

Dodger, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  4. kingofsanda

kingofsanda Peon

Best Answers:
    Pr10 backlink, I'm skeptical, but I will give it a try.

kingofsanda, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  5. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    I can get you a link on two PR10 sites for a high PR of 20. Will sell it to you for free!

Dodger, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  6. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Those links, if valid, in no way give you only a PR3. Something is fishy here. :confused:

Jim4767, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  7. Cbrooker

Cbrooker Active Member

Best Answers:

That's because it is an inner link on an adobe forum with a PR of N/A or PR0, which means it will only count as a single link with that PR. It won't be considered a PR10 backlink, but it will give you the credit for 1 backlink.

Cbrooker, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  8. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    Angela cannot be dissuaded. Even with several people trying to convince her otherwise, it is fruitless. She is lost.

Suggest we not even give her the time of day, because she is in other threads perpetuating her misguided methods. If you see her there, do not respond. Otherwise the same rehashed argument will rear its ugly head.

Lets give it a rest.

Dodger, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  9. James_P

James_P Peon

Best Answers:
    Never sprang to mind that perhaps 'age' could play a factor in said cases..?

Stop telling everyone else that they're just stating their personal opinions, when you're doing exactly the same. I've seen brick walls be less stubborn. Take up (I think it was) Dodger's challenge of who can achieve the higher PR in 6 months; you using your your methods based on your 'findings', and him using his own.

James_P, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  10. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    @James - I think you would call that "put your money were your mouth is"

Please everyone ... lets not keep this going. It is better to talk about her, than talk to her. Maybe that will move her in the right direction.

Dodger, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  11. sheds

sheds Peon

Best Answers:
    it is not free? check it !:)

sheds, Aug 25, 2008 IP
  12. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, but I was pleasantly surprised. :)

Dodger, Aug 25, 2008 IP
  13. Cbrooker

Cbrooker Active Member

Best Answers:
    As well, high PR does not necessarily translate into high traffic and if the links coming from these so-called "high PR" sites are not relevant, they will do nothing to increase traffic. You may get a few people who visit, but no long term benefit.

Cbrooker, Aug 25, 2008 IP
  14. AngelaE8654

Best Answers:
    Exactly. High PR does not mean high traffic, necessarily. There are a lot of other factors. It also doesn't necessarily mean high search engine placement. There are variables to that, too, like the other posters pointed out.

AngelaE8654, Aug 25, 2008 IP
  15. AngelaE8654

Best Answers:
    This is proof that some people are talking about submitting articles for the backlink.

Here is a paragraph from an article taken from Ezinearticles.com:

The name of the article:

Free One Way Backlinks

This article is listed not only in the list of the "most viewed for 90 days", but also in the "most published":

http://ezinearticles.com/?Keyword-Research-Revealed&id=1264259

[​IMG]

16. James_P

James_P Peon

Best Answers:
    Proof of what..? That articles directories are good for bum marketing? Yes... that's hot off the press.

James_P, Aug 25, 2008 IP
  17. AngelaE8654

Best Answers:
    No. This article is teaching that submitting your article to article directories is good for a one-way backlink. Remember, the title of the article is "Free One Way Backlinks". This article doesn't say one thing about bum marketing.

18. bobbylove321

bobbylove321 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately, the bad things about sites like that is at any moment it could change to a nofollow and bring your seo down.

bobbylove321, Aug 25, 2008 IP
  19. AngelaE8654

Best Answers:
    That's very true. That's actually a drawback to any site that is not in our direct control. At any time, it can change to NoFollow. Good post.

20. James_P

James_P Peon

Best Answers:
    Free one way backlink.

You're right, nothing to do with bum marketing - because it doesn't exclusively use the words. This is nothing new.

James_P, Aug 25, 2008 IP