1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best Job Board script or software?

Discussion in 'Scripts' started by adigitaldreamer, Aug 4, 2005.

1. MattL

MattL Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think it works better for a more localized site. If you want global I would choose something else.

I agree, the templates are the major drawback. More the fact that they are table layouts not CSS. That includes the developer custom templates available for purchase. They are all table based. The look of either could be changed it's the coding that is the important part IMO.

MattL, May 14, 2008 IP
  2. SnoozZz

SnoozZz Peon

Best Answers:
    my simple job board http //gnsa.mantis.0lx.net/jobs

SnoozZz, May 21, 2008 IP
  3. vidal

vidal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My job search script http://www.jobgeni.com is for sale.

It's simular like indeed.com or simplyhired.com

The script aggregates the best and biggest job board sites on the web. You don't need a database, just upload and everything works! You can add as many engines as you like.

pm me if you're interested. price 199$

vidal, May 27, 2008 IP
  4. Knutt

Knutt Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello,

I am looking to buy a job board soft ware. I have purchased a number of low priced scripts and have never found anything that is working properly or they are to simple.

I am not looking to spend a fortune but are not looking for a €39 script. Have read a lot of thoughts and ideas about some not so good companies so I have to say that it is hard to know who to trust.

I am looking for something that looks and works in a professional way and that can be bi-lingual.

2 good and nice looking sites are irishjobs.ie and jobs.ie

I appretiate any help and thoughts.

Knutt, May 28, 2008 IP
  5. mg1313

mg1313 Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe this works for you? www.amerosoft.com

mg1313, May 28, 2008 IP
  6. Knutt

Knutt Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, I have requested a demo. There is not vrey much information about the software or price. How do you know they are good, are you using their soft ware?

Do you know of any job board that run on their software?

Thank you for your time!

Knutt, May 29, 2008 IP
  7. mg1313

mg1313 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've seen their demo...they gave me access some time ago to their beta software....

mg1313, May 29, 2008 IP
  8. ian__w

ian__w Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi all, does anyone else have any experience with Joblite? I really like the look, feel and price of it but would like to know more on customisation.

ian__w, Jun 4, 2008 IP
  9. Zfouzan

Zfouzan Peon

Best Answers:
    I was considering it for the job board I am establishing right now, but a poor implementation I saw changed my mind! The other point I want to mention is comparing the price and customization costs (if implemented by them) are way higher I guess, but I haven't made enough research on Joblite implementations to make a solid judgment.

My targeted audience is graduate students from the mentioned region that graduated from the US, and looking for jobs back home.

I need a very sophisticated job script to compete with current old players in the region I am targeting, to start from where they ended after years of development, or a high level of customization on either Jammit or Joblite (for now). Examples of such customization include:

1.Addition of an (expected graduation date) field in MySQL table and both CV and CVSearch forms + adding an option called (already graduated on) in the pull down menu of both forms that opens a new field if selected to include graduation date.

2.Addition of Google checkout gateway support.

3.Addition of a CV number (unique identifier) field in database, search forms, CV preview and all outputs (if joblite chosen).

4.Including a function to download CV in either (PDF) or (Doc) format as all competitors have this option! preferably with an option of adding a watermark of site logo to output that can be switched on or off by site admin.

5.Including an option when creating plans (with or without contact details) for demo accounts to be created for employers to have a feel of the site.

6.Including an option to moderate new employer accounts unless an invitation was sent to employer from site admin interface (requiring an approval of employer before they can access non demo plans if they select to upgrade).

7.An option in Admin interface to send invitations to new employers via e-mail with pre-selected plans which generates an e-mail with a link that opens the employer registration page automatically, and notifies site admin when invitations were used by employers.

8.Addition of a (my job folders) option in employer area, where employer could save specific job folders and save CVs in the folder, with an option to batch convert multiple CVs to PDF or word format from that folder.

9.Addition of an educational level required in Employer CVsearch form, containing Bachelor, master and PHD in pulldown menu.

10.Adding an option in Jobseeker search results form (employer section), where employer could click a checkbox in front of his selected CVs, and buttons are available to (move to my job folders, e-mail CVs to his registered e-mail in PDF or Word doc format).

11.Adding the possibility of sub-accounts under each employer that use the same points of the main employer account for posting jobs or viewing CVs, with control and statistics showing in the main account section, the sub accounts should have access levels controlled by main account (to post jobs or not for example) and also by the admin interface, the Admin should have access to eliminate or grant subaccount access to employers and should have an option for number of sub accounts in plan creation or by individual employer. Another important function is forwarding CVs from sub account to main account in a CV folder or to main account email.

These are the main customizations I require, others may have already developed similar customizations...Any suggestions or ideas? has anyone seen a jamit or joblite site with customization similar to the above mentioned?

Zfouzan

Zfouzan, Jun 11, 2008 IP
  10. Imran

Imran Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Customisations in Jamit:
    1: Yes can be done easily.
    2: Can be implemented.
    3: Can be implemented in Jamit.
    4: Currently the Downloads are based on the file type uploaded [ doc, or PDF ] This you can again be done with modification to the code.
    5: A Demo Account with full access might result into spam. it is better to provide a sperate installation with demo account. for a safer side.
    6: New Employers can be moderated, Also new un subscribed members/employers posts can be moderated if the posts are free.
    7: Not sure about this you should speak to Adam.
    8: hmmmm Speak to Adam.
    9: You can add this, this depends on what options you have using for search a category select is better.
    10: Adams...
    11:Adams..

Imran, Jun 11, 2008 IP
  11. slickricky

slickricky Active Member

Best Answers:
    New FREE and open source job board script, with early version released.
    http://OsJobber.com

slickricky, Jul 9, 2008 IP
  12. arthurgalimov

arthurgalimov Guest

Best Answers:
    have a look at this new, recently released Job Board Site - jobsoftpro.com

there is demo available, trial versions, functional and easy to use script

arthurgalimov, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  13. KrazyKat

KrazyKat Peon

Best Answers:
    Anyone have something to say about Jobberbase? I'm looking for an objective review of the software.

www.jobberbase.com

KrazyKat, Aug 1, 2008 IP
  14. KrazyKat

KrazyKat Peon

Best Answers:
    KrazyKat, Aug 1, 2008 IP
  15. brazenmedia

brazenmedia Active Member

Best Answers:
    Anyone have an experience with EasyJobPortal - pros/cons?
    http://www.easyjobportal.com/

I think I've narrowed it down to Jamit or what is listed above.

brazenmedia, Aug 1, 2008 IP
  16. slickricky

slickricky Active Member

Best Answers:
    I was where you guys are about 8 months ago. I searched and searched for a good job board script.

• Jobberbase is too narrow, its for a niche board, and has a lot of code for the tiny amount of features.
    • Jamit is the most segmented code I've ever dealt with in my life. The tables thing is bad, but the work you have to put in, just to find the file where the function you want to edit is unbelievable.

Having found that there is no good free open source job board script I set out to code my own. I have used PHPMaker5 as the script tool, and if you'd like that file, I'll make it available as well.

But I began with what is the best database layout available. A database layout that was decided after years of working with job boards. Its still a beta app, but if you have the time to commit use this job board because the database is simple and better than any other: http://OsJobber.com

slickricky, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  17. gafadi

gafadi Peon

Best Answers:
    i found this script dont know the name , but looks good
    www.wmrkt.com , its like getafreelancer.com

gafadi, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  18. calson

calson Peon

Best Answers:
    calson, Aug 3, 2008 IP
  19. xajduk

xajduk Peon

Best Answers:
    Someone tried PG Job Site Pro // jobsoftpro.com //, it looks nice and clean, but no manual,and upgrades, and is it better than Jamit job board. What do you think?

xajduk, Aug 14, 2008 IP
  20. amitagrawal0001

amitagrawal0001 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Check out http://www.hakujobs.com they are doing good in their job categorization according to job category as well as job types (part-time, permanent, freelance, contract etc) and View other similar jobs with job details of intrest.
    Yes, with free posting and apply for jobs, hapful videos and more....

An IT & staffing company is behind the site, you may contact with them to get one for you, by US and/or offshore development staff cost options. :)

amitagrawal0001, Aug 24, 2008 IP