1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

"Tricks" to get High PR backlinks

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by DinoCagney, Aug 21, 2008.

1. AngelaE8654

AngelaE8654 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Then why even bother to post articles to Ezinearticles for the backlink? Once the articles leave the front page (which happens in about a four hour time), they end up on an N/A page.

You might be on someone's blog front page...today. What about next week or next year? You will be on an INNER page.

What about forums, such as this one? The page we're on is a low or non existent PR "inner page".

Why do all the things that people say are good for backlinks? None of them will work, as every one of your links will end up on some "inner page" somewhere.

PR is determined by a number of things; High PR backlinks are just one of them. You won't go from a PR 2 to a PR 6 with just a few links on a PR 6 site. If that were the case, then MOST sites would have top-level PR. 80% or more of the websites on the internet would be a PR 7 or above. NONE of us know Google's algorithm. All of these things that people are saying are simply guesses. Even Matt Cutts isn't going to tell you exactly how it all works. He alludes to it and gives hints, but he isn't going to give away secrets of the algorithm itself. Remember, his competitors are also hanging on every word he says. It isn't just the people with websites that are listening.

I got my information by analyzing big name websites. Websites with High PR. And believe me, they have more than just a few High PR links. My site doesn't have enough of those types yet, and yours probably doesn't either. Don't forget that on this last update, my sucky site went UP in rank, not down.

AngelaE8654, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  2. SEOibiza

SEOibiza Peon

Best Answers:
    agreed things can always change long term, but I don't know if you're really getting what im saying here? Im saying that often, one link from a PR3 or even 2 page, if there's only 2 links from that page can be very powerful indeed, and with virtually no relevance is required at that point past your anchor text. anchor text to a degree makes any link relevant.

as powerful, if not more so, than a link from a PR6 page with a lot of links off it. and yes it works in competitive areas, what could someone report you for? linking from another of your own sites in an intelligent way? one link is not spamming.

if theyre your sites you can link them in any way you want after all. how rich do you need to be to have a PR2 site or two?

surely Google in their almighty all seeing all knowing ways will have already devalued this anyway because of their knowledge of IP addresses, or devaluing footers etc? ..odd then how you can still rank sites in tough areas using very basic techniques such as this ;)

ps am not talking doing anything dubious to client (or any) sites here. best practices only, best practices for Google, the user, and good rankings. because we stick within Googles guidelines doesn't mean we cant do it intelligently using what we know to our advantage does it?

SEOibiza, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  3. SEOibiza

SEOibiza Peon

Best Answers:
    Angela, links from inner pages on big high PR & trusted sites are still worth having. PR is not everything
    i would drop the assertion that these are high PR links and you'll do just fine, as theyre likely still worth having.

they may also raise in PR over time as decent links tend to, and they will certainly raise in value if not PR as the link age filter fades off, any link that isnt a bad or spammy link is worth having ultimately

SEOibiza, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  4. AngelaE8654

Best Answers:
    I completely agree. I know that some people don't believe what we've been saying; my main concern is that lurkers and readers are going to give up some great backlinks because they've been convinced that they are not worth having.

5. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    So who is this guy and how did he substantiate that statement?

Plus if any of his so-called linking techniques are of any value, then why is such a well-established blog as his only a PR3?

From a couple of articles I have seen of his, he is "repackaging" other articles from around the blogosphere and not giving them credit. In other words, he is basically pawning them off as original thoughts and doesn't really care about substantiating the content.

Another typical John Chow wannabe.

Granted, he has a fairly decent readership (180+) but one thing comes to mind when I see that, the blind leading the blind.

Word of warning ... take everything you read in blogs of this type with a little dash of skepticism.

Dodger, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  6. AngelaE8654

Best Answers:
    Probably in the same way that all the other statements being passed around as "truth" are substantiated. :p

7. Cbrooker

Cbrooker Active Member

Best Answers:
    No one is saying that there is "no" value from linking from the inner pages of a website. However, it is very misleading in saying that these links are "High PR". True, they are from a High PR domain, but the fact that these sites have High PR comes from the status that these companies have in both the online and offline world.

Plus, if the High PR site has established a great internal linking system, these inner pages will have some PR passed to them from the root site anyway. Basic SEO!

Until you can explicity prove to me that your "Analysis of many BIG NAME sites" is passing the PR juice that you allude to and providing true benefit from the "inner pages", it is just a link from a low PR site. A Link is a Link and yes, this is great to be able to get links like this, but don't say that it's a PR10 or PR9 link when it's indeed not.

Cbrooker, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  8. AngelaE8654

Best Answers:
    Why are people believing they are getting a good backlink from Ezinearticles.com when the page their article/bio box is on is N/A or 0?

Why even try, then? Why forum signatures, social bookmarking sites, press releases, blogs, etc, etc. If what you are saying is true, the only way to get a High PR link is to have a High PR site put your link on their index page. And that's going to happen seldom, if ever.

That's not what I'm seeing in my extensive research of the Big Name sites. They weren't ALWAYS High PR. They had to start somewhere, just like the rest of us. And if they have the same types of links as we do, only more of them, how can it be that the links are relatively valueless and carry low PR?

9. Bridgesan

Bridgesan Peon

Best Answers:
    How many backlinks do you have to get, to move up to PR6

Bridgesan, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  10. AngelaE8654

Best Answers:

I don't know the answer to how many you need...however, I know it's more than just a few (or even a few dozen) High PR links, like some have been alluding to. If that were the case, then, like I pointed out: Just about EVERYBODY'S website would have High PR.

11. Cbrooker

Cbrooker Active Member

Best Answers:
    Angela,

It's very simple. Not all "inner pages" carry no PR value. I have many sites where the inner pages have PR1, PR2, PR3. The same can be said for many blogs, where posts carry their own PR. Same with many "BIG NAME" sites.

I can post the location now of an Authority site with a PR7, that has articles that carry a PR6. This site allows you to post comments on these articles that include links with relevant anchor tags as well. These "inner pages" don't carry the PR7 weight, but they do carry a PR6 (and lower) weight. Inner pages don't always have NO PR! In fact I know of 4 or 5 of these types of sites, and all the links are DoFollow. They pass the PR value down through the links and add even more PR juice if the links are to relevant sites!

How do you think Adobe got to be a PR10? From being an authority in the market they occupy, and because they have hundreds of millions of sites linking to them for Acrobat Reader downloads. LOL!

Yes, in these instances, there is value in the quantity of links, even if the quality of the sites linking to Adobe isn't that great. Plus somewhere along the way there's probably other High PR sites linking back for this reason and others.

The bottom line is that what you are professing still provides a link. What's in doubt is the PR value which you keep saying comes from the domain, not the individual page.

12. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    You keep bringing this up. Why?

People do not submit articles at eZine type places for a profile page. They submit articles to have them syndicated.

While some may use the service as a way of generating byline links when the article is syndicated, others are there to show off their writing skills.

Now you are getting the picture! Link building is hard. If it were as easy as getting links on profile pages, in forum signatures or a comment on a blog ... then everything would peachy keen.

Instead of analyzing how many links they have ...analyze how they got them.

Do you think they have monkeys working around the clock setting up profile pages, spamming blogs or posting a gazillion "I agree" messages in forums?

They all have something in common. Can you guess what that is?

The answer is that they have something that people talk about. And when they talk about it, they link to it.

Instead of spinning your wheels in the pursuit of links in an uphill battle, why not put it in reverse, back up and think of ways of how you can get people to link to you.

Dodger, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  13. AngelaE8654

Best Answers:
    Yes, but you still haven't answered the Ezinearticles question. I've tested those "article pages" and they don't have Page Rank. Either do most forum 'inner pages', many blog 'inner pages', and many press release 'inner pages'. You're talking about a small percentage of sites, when I've seen hundreds of sites listed in the backlinks of the Big Name websites.

All of this "inner page" discussion is still speculation. I have extensively researched many High Page Rank sites and analyzed their links over the course of many months and I have seen exactly what their "backlink picture" looks like.

14. AngelaE8654

Best Answers:
    Keep in mind that the backlink checker I use SHOWS me exactly where each link is left on each site.

And it's not true that "People do not submit articles at eZine type places for a profile page. They submit articles to have them syndicated". They don't submit the articles for a "profile page", they submit them for the bio box backlink. I've seen dozens of people talk about posting articles in these places just for the backlink.

And I never advocated spamming blogs and posting "I agree" type messages in forums. In fact, my guide tells people to be careful NOT to do this.

The people on this thread are going to believe what they believe. I know what I've seen through my research. The only thing I am trying to do is keep people from turning away great links just because "somebody" told them the link is worthless. Like I said to Snowbird earlier in this thread, I believe that a mixture of relevant links and High PR backlinks is the way to go. I stand by that.

I'm sure people will continue to debate all of this, which is pure speculation, for the most part. Time for me to get back to work on finding great links. :)

15. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    It is not the quantity that determines that. Say that again, it is NOT the quantity that determines that.

As an example, lets do a little hypothetical. Take 100 sites and forget about what the PR of the sites are.

On each of the 100 sites, put a link to Site A on the homepage. Then put a link to Site B on a page that is linked-to from the homepage.

Which site would get more PR value?

And here is a little bit of trivia for you. PR is finite. If you add it all up it equals 1.

Technically, all of the BIG NAME SITES actual PR shrinks every day. There is only so much of it to go around. As more and more sites, and all of their pages get added to the index ... everyone's PR shrinks.

Dodger, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  16. muncle

muncle Guest

Best Answers:
    Angela, my brain hurts reading your posts. Every backlink, even PR0 counts for something. People post articles on ezines and have signatures on forums because it counts as a backlink. It's a PR0 backlink, but still a backlink. You get 1000 of those PR0s and even though each of them separately means nothing, thousand of them will give your PR a boost. Some of those PR0 backlinks could overtime turn into PR1s or PR2s and could actually continue to grow, so what started as a PR0 backlink, could be a PR5 one year later. But spreading misinformation that each article you publish on ezine gives you a PR6 backlink or that each sig link on DP gives you a PR 7 back link is ludicrous. It's the PR of the page your link appears on that counts, along with a few other factors. By your logic, if I posted 20 articles on ezine, I'd get 20 PR6 backlink - you know what? If I could get 20 PR 6 backlinks this easily, I'd dominate every niche that exist with minimal effort. Do you have an idea what kind of an impact would 20 PR6 back links have on your page??? It seriously hurts my brain how bad a misinformation you are passing on and you keep going on about it over and over... Geee, enough already!

muncle, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  17. AngelaE8654

Best Answers:
    You keep saying "misinformation"; yet much of what has been said in debate of what I am saying on this thread has not been proven. It's simply speculation posted on a message board by people who believe a certain way.

I got my information based on extensive research of the backlinks of Big Name websites. People say that none of the "inner pages" carry much weight, and they speculate on why the Big Name websites have such great PR. Yet~it's all speculation.

Like I said, I simply don't want people to turn away great links just because somebody told them that the links won't count for much. However...again...it's time for me to get back to work. No more time for debating with intelligent folks on a great message board. :)

I DID notice that I somehow got to the position of "Raider" along the way with this thread. That's pretty cool. :D

18. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    Kewl. And you took it upon yourself to perpetuate this method.

Who are these people?
    What value was there in doing so?
    Why does it work?
    Is it really working for you and how?

Lets make this clear. I never said you did.

And your research says that they are "great links". I want you now to tell us why they are "great".

Questions:

How great are they?
    Why are they great?
    What proof do you have that they truly are great?
    When does the "greatness" wear off?
    Who determined that they are great?

Besides looking in awe at how many backlinks you have Yahoo's Site Explorer, what other factors about those links will you say is great?

You keep saying "high PR links", again misleading the readers of this thread. Not that high PR links are great to have, but you have yet to demonstrate how to get them.

Pure speculation? So far, a lot of the speculation has been coming from you. You asked for some proof and links were given to satisfy your curiosity. So far you have not given the same in return, except for "so and so said this" and "I heard that".

I hate to be blunt, Angela, but I do not think you have a firm grasp on reality when it comes to link development. In fact, you have no clue.

Now go back to working on finding your "great" links. And anytime you want to put our two methods to the test ... you just holler.

Dodger, Aug 24, 2008 IP
    Cbrooker likes this.
  19. Cbrooker

Cbrooker Active Member

Best Answers:
    The answer has been given to you many times in this thread. The fact that these "EzineArticles" backlinks don't have PR doesn't mean that the links isn't of value. The link is still a link if it's a DoFollow link, regardless of the PR that it has.

I can't believe what you're telling people. I am by no means an expert in this area. However, I am pretty confident that the information that you are spreading (and obviously selling) is WRONG! If this were the case, it would be relatively easy to dominate every niche and everyone would have a PR6 or PR7 site which obviously isn't the case.

Plus, chasing PR is like a dog chasing it's tail. It is only one factor that affects the oveall SEO of any website. Perhaps if you want to sell links, but I have sites with a low PR that are ranked in the top 3 for the particular niche that I target and these have relatively few backlinks.

I'm in need of a drink and a few tylenol to get rid of this headache that you're giving me.

ing likes this.
  20. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    Angela Math 101: 1000 x 0 = GREAT :eek:

Dodger, Aug 24, 2008 IP