1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much time do you spend on writing SEO-oriented article

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by 3DProf4online, Jul 23, 2008.

1. webgal

webgal Peon

Best Answers:
    This is so true, particularly from clients I get from the internet. But I've found that my local clients are hungry for the advice and are enormously appreciative. But as Vgal says, you need to figure out who is open to this and who isn't.

webgal, Jul 29, 2008 IP
  2. kiteguy123

kiteguy123 Guest

Best Answers:
    What sort of advice are you on about, may I ask? I'm assuming you mean you suggest what sort of content you write, but could you confirm?

kiteguy123, Jul 29, 2008 IP
  3. BrisbaneWebmaster

BrisbaneWebmaster Peon

Best Answers:
    I've got it down to about 30 minutes, I did 750 words in about 35 minutes the other day, and the quality was actually quite good. I probably couldn't pump out more than 4 or 5 a day though thats why I try and outsource a lot of my content writing these days.

BrisbaneWebmaster, Jul 29, 2008 IP
  4. avonlee1983

avonlee1983 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It takes me an average of 45 minutes to do research and to type up an article with the specific keywords.

avonlee1983, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  5. isamanta6

isamanta6 Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends upon the article you are writing on.If the article requires extesive research for a proper quality wrting then it might even take more than 1hour.
    General topic might take 30 min but any specific topic which requires knowledge of different domains can be completed successfully within 1 hour

isamanta6, Jul 31, 2008 IP
  6. jelynbu

jelynbu Peon

Best Answers:
    It takes me about an hour, but I always thought I was slower than average. Of course, it takes a little longer to produce well-written articles versus those that are virtually unreadable. I have written a few articles in about ten minutes, when they were for a giant batch and I got to know the subject very well.

jelynbu, Aug 6, 2008 IP
  7. 3DProf4online

3DProf4online Peon

Best Answers:
    I am sorry, but I was asking about the time pople spend on article writing, anyway thanks Muncle, you are a really good person :)

3DProf4online, Aug 8, 2008 IP
  8. RACER

RACER Peon

Best Answers:
    Never forget that your client may have any number of "unusual" requirements that can extend the timeline. Someone who wants 15% keyword density just made your job much more difficult.

RACER, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  9. guru16

guru16 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    it takes me around 30minutes to write a well researched seo article I already have alot of knowledege in seo and a array of subjects as for keyword density it should be no more then 4% I tend to stick with 3% to keep on the safe side, if the article is being written for search engine feeding. On the other hand it depends what your writing if it needs to be human oriented as well as seo this may take a little longer, becuase it can be easy to keyword stuff an article for human readers.

guru16, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  10. 3DProf4online

3DProf4online Peon

Best Answers:
    I suggest that a good article should be both SEO oriented and interesting for people!

3DProf4online, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  11. Y.L. Prinzel

Y.L. Prinzel Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a lot of trouble trying to really determine how much time I spend. Generally, I think about and research the articles first. I don't write anyhting down, I just sort of...think.

Then, an hour, a day, a week later (depends on deadline), after I've formed the bones of the article in my mind, I spend about 20 minutes writing it.

Then, I usually put it away for a while and think about something else. When I go back in, I read as someone who has never seen the article and I make my edits.

That's why I don't like to take any of these, "I NEED A 500 WORD SEO ARTICLE TODAY" jobs. I need time to make compelling SEO content.

Y.L. Prinzel, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  12. 3DProf4online

3DProf4online Peon

Best Answers:
    So, Y.L. Prinzel, being a professional content writer could you please calculate how much time you usually spend on writing an article? :)

3DProf4online, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  13. Y.L. Prinzel

Y.L. Prinzel Peon

Best Answers:
    Uh....Nope :) There is a program that I downloaded but haven't really used. It's a timer program that allows you to start and stop it. That could help I s'pose. But then, there's all that thinkin' time.

I would guess, all told, 2 hours could be a good, average estimate* ** ***.

* Please note, author's preexisting knowledge of subject matter could reduce this estimate.
    **Also, if the author is in a "writey" mood, he or she may find his or her fingers flying at a rate much faster than previously estimated.
    ***Will I be graded on this answer?

Y.L. Prinzel, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  14. SEOTherapy

SEOTherapy Banned

Best Answers:
    I usually spend an hour to write a 500 word SEO article because I need to do some research for the topic.

SEOTherapy, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  15. carfinance

carfinance Peon

Best Answers:
    u know about....advanced seo......................!

carfinance, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  16. saman01

saman01 Peon

Best Answers:
    It takes about an hour to write a good article.

saman01, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  17. 3DProf4online

3DProf4online Peon

Best Answers:
    Hm... I am just wondering how you can write an article within an hour? For me this process usually takes 4-6 hours!

3DProf4online, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  18. Li Weng

Li Weng Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd have to say 1-2 hours if you really want to nail it when it comes to SEO oriented. The difficult part is to make it flow and sound natural. Personally I wouldn't worry about SEO oriented so much. It's the content and value of the article that matters the most.

Li Weng, Dec 7, 2008 IP
  19. 3DProf4online

3DProf4online Peon

Best Answers:
    When I am writing the article I try to make it both SEO friendly and interesting for readers! I select the key phrase, put it into the article tittle and write an article about 500 words in volume! I try to have at least 3% density for a key phrase chosen! What do you think if I should put this key phrase into incoming link text or it is better to insert another key phrase!

3DProf4online, Dec 8, 2008 IP
  20. TheeKB

TheeKB Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Guys,

I need help! I need to know how to build a great article well-structured SEO-oriented article about 500 words everytime. My problem is I hate writting but love working! I don't want to make the best articles I just want to make articles when I need! For instance I need 20 unique articles all about a health product?

Can anyone help me?

God Bless and Happy Holidays

TheeKB, Dec 10, 2008 IP