1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it so important to have high pr site.

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by dsouza, Aug 22, 2008.

Is it so important to have high pr site.
    There is no particular tactics which can give our website instant page rank but we have to wait at least for month or two.
    The best way to get instant back links is do Social Bookmarking for your site definitely it would be more helpful in getting page rank to your site.

To get high pr you need to follow :

Create one way links for your website...
    Build only relevant and high pr link,
    Buy High page rank link if you can

dsouza, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  2. kanwarjot

kanwarjot Notable Member

Best Answers:
    In my opinion Pr is only if you are in the market of link sales..some good webmasters don't see the pr but see the quality of site for link exchange..moreover the serps have nothing to do with pr..i see pr 3 sites ranking high on pr-5 and pr 6 sites

kanwarjot, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  3. lycos

lycos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can also have backlinks naturally pointing to your site by focusing on link baiting. Having unique and quality contents help on that.

lycos, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  4. tradeepak

tradeepak Banned

Best Answers:
    Low PR pages/sites come up in top 10 results initially but later fall off. High PR helps in SERP position stability.

tradeepak, Aug 22, 2008 IP
    kanwarjot likes this.
  5. kanwarjot

kanwarjot Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That can be an important point but i need to know more about this....can any one confirm this?

i personally have seen many sites regaining top positions for more than 1 year or so and the pr range was pr-3 to pr - 4

kanwarjot, Aug 22, 2008 IP
    tradeepak likes this.
  6. cnvseo

cnvseo Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes my site has PR 0. But with only few efforts it is on 1st page with some keywords. And i am happy with that. I am not seeking for PR.

Good PR is obtain by high quality back links. But i am not agree with buying PR links. If you are getting good rank in SERP that you want without spending $$$ than why you should spend?

cnvseo, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  7. monchito

monchito Active Member

Best Answers:
    The answer: NO
    why: it's about rankings on top keywords and not even actually about that. It's about the traffic that comes from those positions, how much money you make off of it and how much it costs you to obtain these positions.

The thing you should REALLY worry about is if that balance is positive (and how to make it bigger)

monchito, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  8. schgrv

schgrv Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree if you have high PR then you have more stability. I experienced this thing with one of my site when it had PR 4 then it's ranking on few keywords were dancing on 7th, 8th and 9th position. And i had stopped my work on this site almost 4 months ago. But in last PR update this site got PR 6 and site got better ranking after this PR update and on few keywords it comes on 2nd to 5th position with stability. you wud not believe earlier on same keywords this site was doing struggle at 7th, 8th and 9th position. So somewhere i agree that for better stability you need high PR.

OR you can say PR is still important criteria for SERP's.........................

schgrv, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  9. Gnet

Gnet Peon

Best Answers:
    it's not important if you dont have one or cant get it

but since i have one, its damn important to me lol :D

Gnet, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  10. schgrv

schgrv Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wanna say here if you don't have any thing then you does not concern abt that but if you have same thing then you know it's importance.

schgrv, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  11. Whane

Whane Peon

Best Answers:
    Straight from the Google Site under "How Google ranks pages":

"In general, webmasters can improve the rank of their sites by increasing the number of high-quality sites that link to their pages."

And from Googles own "How can I create a Google-friendly site?":

"Links help our crawlers find your site and can give your site greater visibility in our search results. When returning results for a search, Google combines PageRank (our view of a page's importance) with sophisticated text-matching techniques to display pages that are both important and relevant to each search. Google counts the number of votes a page receives as part of its PageRank assessment, interpreting a link from page A to page B as a vote by page A for page B. Votes cast by pages that are themselves "important" weigh more heavily and help to make other pages "important."

So why do we see PR0 pages on page 1 of the SERPS? From Google:

"When a user enters a query, our machines search the index for matching pages and return the results we believe are the most relevant to the user. Relevancy is determined by over 200 factors, one of which is the PageRank for a given page."

So PR is *a* factor out of a total of 200 factors.

So to answer your question PR is a factor, but how important that factor is, we may never really know.

Whane, Aug 23, 2008 IP
    tradeepak likes this.
  12. french-webbie

french-webbie Peon

Best Answers:
    As the page rank is about how many sites are linking to yours, even if we can't tell for sure how the search engines are treating it, it gives you a concise way to know if your site gets interest. At least, the more incoming links it has, the more chances a surfers will find it from another site (well, this excludes de facto any link farm).

french-webbie, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  13. pogung177

pogung177 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Absolutely NO. PR used Google to measure the popularity of web pages, and having high PR not guarantee you'll get top on Google SERP

pogung177, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  14. funkymario

funkymario Notable Member

Best Answers:
    pr0 is not a good sign for an etablished website, when doing link building, you can achieve great rankings using only relevant links regardless of pr, however a good pr will help you get better and more frequent crawling for your homepage and internal pages.

funkymario, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  15. plepco

plepco Peon

Best Answers:
    PageRank is but one of many factors that should be important to you as a webmaster. It's not the only thing that should be focused on. A site can in fact have tons of traffic, but a lower PR than a competing site with less traffic.

BUT I also have to say that the higher PR you have, the better. It certainly is a good indicator of how Google values your site in general.

plepco, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  16. cyberfreakz

cyberfreakz Peon

Best Answers:
    PR is just one of the feel good factors about a site and not the only such factor.
    And plz do not buy links from high PR sites, as according to google webmaster guidelines they are supposed to be nofollow, and if found not so, they may be reported to google and can have a permanent negative impact!

cyberfreakz, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  17. whirlybird20

whirlybird20 Guest

Best Answers:
    Unless you are selling links, there is no reason to worry about PR, so long as you are getting good serps.

whirlybird20, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  18. tradeepak

tradeepak Banned

Best Answers:
    Right! I agree with that...

tradeepak, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  19. owen800522

owen800522 Peon

Best Answers:
    the answer is clear, i consent

owen800522, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  20. catanich

catanich Peon

Best Answers:
    There is also a Google statement the a High PR site gets index more often.

catanich, Aug 24, 2008 IP