1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

"Tricks" to get High PR backlinks

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by DinoCagney, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Cbrooker

Cbrooker Active Member

Best Answers:

It's true that buying/selling may have contributed to the decrease in PR, but personally I think that Google has just evaluated the relevance of the link to the destination of the link.

Cbrooker, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  2. AngelaE8654

AngelaE8654 Active Member

Best Answers:

Good post; however, it's still what you "think". An opinion. Some sites (like the BIG NAMES: MSNBC.COM, CNN.COM, etc, etc) did NOT lose page rank although hundreds of their backlinks come from IR-relevant sites. :)

AngelaE8654, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  3. Web-Talks

Web-Talks Active Member

Best Answers:
    If profile isn't PR6 then how would it work?

It's pointless! Oh free backlink is worth it still.

Web-Talks, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  4. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    You still did not answer the cache problem at ZoomInfo, there is no backlink because the profile page was actually a cached error page. It seems that Googlebot tends to aggressively crawl zoom and zoom cuts them off.

If you believe that inner pages carry the full weight of the PR from the homepage, then I have some waterfront property in Las Vegas to sell you. You will get a great view of San Francisco Bay. Honest!

Now I will agree with you to the point that you will attain a backlink from Ezinearticles, but not a PR6 backlink. I still cannot see how you are making that kind of leap. I would much rather have one link on the Ezinearticle homepage, than 100 links on internal pages that are not attributed to an article byline. The homepage carries more weight, because it is and should be for your most important links.

Typically, NA on the bar means just that -- not applicable. In the case of Ezinearticles, the content is duplicated all over the Internet inside of general websites to splogs. One article posted, gets reposted a hundred times over. The only benefit you get from this is somebody actually reprinting the article with your Url in tact (a lot of them don't).

How this discussion started out talking about ZoomInfo and degraded into you hawking backlink subscriptions is getting a little bit old too. You mentioned you have the service, it is in your signature and I think you should just give it a rest.

Hundreds? Why not try hundreds of thousands?

Now you are comparing what is called the 800 lb. Gorillas with websites who can barely scrape 10 one-way links together in a good year. There is no comparison. All logic goes out the window with that type of backlink magnitude.

In the absence of relevancy, sometimes brute animal force wins over. Why? Because the backlinks have spoken.

But, here is the flipside of that coin. And one you can take to the bank, PR does not always win over relevancy. If you run down some of the top results in any range of topics, you can and will find sites at the top with lowly PR2's or 3's ... and why? Probably what Snowbird mentioned, good old fashioned long term relevant linking.

Dodger, Aug 22, 2008 IP
    snowbird likes this.
  5. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    is the profile page dofollow? lot of profile pages are nofollow these days including DP

sultanofseo, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  6. drr_shahbaz

drr_shahbaz Banned

Best Answers:
    Is there is a difference between PR -- and PR 0.

drr_shahbaz, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  7. mirisaamali

mirisaamali Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    wow, something seems fishy here. PR 10 is impossibility unless you are a google or some government site. Even yahoo or msn are PR 9.

is this promotional stunt of any sort?

mirisaamali, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  8. nicholas777

nicholas777 Peon

Best Answers:
    No, man. It's a great tip from Angela. Put your address on her website and find out, I'm not going to spoil her "secret". :)

Thanks again, Angela.

nicholas777, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  9. AngelaE8654

Best Answers:
    Here is a screenshot of a segment of my own site's backlinks when plugged into this backlink checker:

[​IMG]

You can see that I have one backlink credit from the domain www.ezinearticles.com. Which carries a Page Rank of 6. I have several "links" from that site, but one backlink credit. I've seen this SAME sort of thing with some of the big name websites: CNN.com, Time-Warner.com, Microsoft.com. Everybody receives one backlink credit from each domain they have their link on, although they may have multiple "links" within that domain.

I don't know how to make it any more clear than that.

Check your own site; you will most likely be very pleasantly surprised. :) Just remember, that backlink 'tools' such as this one won't show you all of your backlinks. The Yahoo Site Explorer is by far the most accurate for showing the sheer number of backlinks. I use other tools because they are more user-friendly than the Site Explorer, even though I know I won't see all the backlinks. That's okay; seeing all the backlinks is not my purpose for using the tools.

And my service is actually NOT in my signature at this time. ;)

AngelaE8654, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  10. AngelaE8654

Best Answers:
    Thank you, Nicholas. You are right that this is not any kind of "stunt". It's simply an awesome backlink that I found while I was doing my "backlink sleuthing" and I wanted to share it for free with as many people as possible. :)

11. Vyliss

Vyliss Peon

Best Answers:
    How can you tell what pagerank your backlinks are giving you?

Vyliss, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  12. Cbrooker

Cbrooker Active Member

Best Answers:
    Adobe is far from any "secret". And while you see many utilziing this as a backlink, the value that it gives for non-relevant domains is still debatable.

Cbrooker, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  13. puzzle

puzzle Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think we need to answer the basic question here: does high pagerank really matters?

If you are hoping to rank high with a high PR. Read this from Google site:

"PageRank Technology: PageRank reflects our view of the importance of web pages by considering more than 500 million variables and 2 billion terms. Pages that we believe are important pages receive a higher PageRank and are more likely to appear at the top of the search results."

There is no promise.

Want to know how PR works, read this instead:

A paper by Sergey Brin and Lawrence Page
    http://infolab.stanford.edu/pub/papers/google.pdf

http://www.smashingmagazine.com/pdfs/pagerank.pdf

puzzle, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  14. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    Looks like your profile page is Dofollow:

Digital Point Forums - View Profile: sultanofseo

No it does not. There are many factors that determine ranking in search results, of which PR is just one.

I actually did run your site through Site Explorer. One domain that caught my eye was your commenting on NY Times articles. Only problem is, your link at NY Times is a NoFollow link.

Yahoo reports all links, Dofollow and Nofollow. This confuses a lot of people. It appears that it may be confusing you as well.

Heck, I did not have a problem with that. Put it back in there. I just had a problem with you using this thread for self-promotion of the service.

Dodger, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  15. dynashox

dynashox Premium Member Staff

Best Answers:
    dynashox, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  16. tukang

tukang Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice trick... ;)

tukang, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  17. skypeace

skypeace Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks! :)

skypeace, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  18. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    I stand corrected. It is DoFollow to the profile page though, not that that matters. :)

I did notice that his "Last post" link is a DoFollow link. That is something!

Dodger, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  19. casualmusic

casualmusic Active Member

Best Answers:
    So..does this work for people?

casualmusic, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  20. AngelaE8654

Best Answers:
    There's no "putting it back in there" because I did NOT have my service in my profile!! I NEVER did. And I know the whole thing about the Yahoo Site Explorer. However, you did not answer the question about Ezinearticles; if I'm shown having a backlink FROM "www.ezinearticles.com" and Ezinearticles is DO FOLLOW how is it then that I am NOT getting the backlink from Ezinearticle's Page Rank 6 site???? The backlink I am shown for is NOT some "inner page" somewhere. It's a backlink from the domain's index page. Which, if you run it through a PR checker, is a PR 6.

You are muddying the waters talking about my links in the Yahoo Site Explorer. I simply mentioned them because they show the SHEER NUMBER of backlinks.

However, I am through debating. If you'd like to believe that every time you get a backlink from an "inner page" it is going to do you no good, go ahead and believe it. I have researched the BIG NAME websites, like I've said, and I know what the results of my testing has been. I will continue to find great "do follow" backlinks for people who want them. Those that don't, that's their decision. :)