1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

"Tricks" to get High PR backlinks

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by DinoCagney, Aug 21, 2008.

1. snowbird

snowbird Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Folks, PR is great and all but we should consider relevancy. Getting backlinks on relevant sites will stand the test of time, and are not likely to be discounted.

Think of building links in this sense. Having a backlink on a page with your keywords in the URL, title, and/or body will increase its relevancy. This would not only offer more help for SEO, but allow for PR to flow at its full potential.

Google is getting smarter regarding irrelevant links and in future algorithm updates I suspect they will further restrict the benefits of irrelevant links. Remember to not only SEO for today, but for the long term. :)

snowbird, Aug 22, 2008 IP
    usasportstraining likes this.
  2. AngelaE8654

AngelaE8654 Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is very good information. However, I don't think Google will ever completely discount every link other than links with your keyword in it and the like. The reason I say this is because many big name, High PR sites (Microsoft, DrudgeReport, CNN.com, etc) have hundreds of backlinks from people mentioning them on their blogs and on their websites and the like. Very few of these types of links would be considered "relevent" in that they are not coming from competitor's websites, and they don't have anchored text with keywords.

I think building relevent links as well as getting some great, high PR links from other sources is the best way to go. :)

AngelaE8654, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  3. skypeace

skypeace Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Glad you liked it :0

Subscribe to my Rss to stay updated

I also have some good Traffic Building Tips you may be interested in :)

Also PLEASE stumble my posts IF you like them :)

Thanks!

skypeace, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  4. puzzle

puzzle Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think this is best advice so far.

If, If.. I really want to buy link, I will consider this one:

http://www.w3.org/Consortium/sup
    "Major Supporters have made a contribution of 1000 - 9999 USD (or equivalent in another currency)"

PR8, authority site, only $84/month

puzzle, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  5. kaeverak

kaeverak Peon

Best Answers:
    Well even a subpage on a PR6 domain couldn't hurt. Its still a free backlink, why not try?

kaeverak, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  6. AngelaE8654

Best Answers:
    You have some great posts with good information in them. Later today, I DO plan on Stumbling them. :)

7. AngelaE8654

Best Answers:
    That's EXACTLY what marketers get when they submit an article to Ezinearticles. A subpage (which registers as an N/A for Page Rank) on a PR 6 domain. Yet~you still get a PR 6 backlink!! That's what a lot of people do not understand. They think you HAVE to have your link on a website's MAIN PAGE in order for it to count. I've seen the opposite proven over and over and over again. This just isn't true.

That's why my monthly $5 service gives people 30 new backlinks from PR 4 all the way to PR 9. Yes, I've got a PR 9 in this month's subscription. :cool:
    Just like Big Name websites that have backlinks from all over, how can it possibly hurt for you to have High PR backlinks from authority sites all over the internet?

8. shockingfun

shockingfun Peon

Best Answers:
    it works guys and gals i signed up and it actually shows in GA for me and its a pr6 links..

shockingfun, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  9. naughty-net

naughty-net Peon

Best Answers:
    naughty-net, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  10. jvfconsulting

jvfconsulting Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you have a legitimate business with a physical address Zoom.info is a great place to enter your info!

jvfconsulting, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  11. mr moro

mr moro Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for sharing

mr moro, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  12. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    Quite frankly, I do not know where you are coming up with any pages with PR on them.

I did a precursory check of cached pages at Google, and a lot of them had a warning page for over-usage of the ZoomInfo service. It is possible that the warning page served up is of high PR, and what is getting reported for your profile page is erroneous.

Other links on the entry page to your profile come from crawls of the web, so you cannot game that area.

I am just going to file this under 'hmmmm' and leave it at that.

Dodger, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  13. AngelaE8654

Best Answers:
    Zoominfo.com's carries a Page Rank of 7. People who choose to believe the erroneous information about losing PR from a backlink because your link is on an "inner page" are leaving a whole lot of great backlinks on the table. If that was true, why would anybody write articles and submit them to Ezinearticles for the backlink??? After all, the articles themselves, after the half day they spend on the front page, are posted on "inner pages" that carry page ranks of N/A. However, by having your links in your bio box at Ezinearticles, you get a PR 6 backlink from the site. Try it yourself, or post another author's site into a backlink checking tool. You will see that what I am saying is true.

Forget about the "inner pages" fallacy if you really want some great backlinks.

14. jophan

jophan Active Member

Best Answers:
    so, if those backlinks are really pr6 or more why is your site still
    a pr 3 site?

jophan, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  15. AngelaE8654

Best Answers:
    Because my site is old and outdated and generally sucks, to be honest. It hasn't had fresh content for pretty close to a year. Still~in the last update, my PR went UP, not down, like some people's did. Also, I need to continue to get MORE backlinks. The sites that have really High Page Rank have links from HUNDREDS of domains. Simply getting some PR 6 backlinks on your site won't automatically make YOURS a PR 6. It doesn't work that way. :)

16. jophan

jophan Active Member

Best Answers:
    if you get 4 pr6 links your site turns to a pr5 site normally.

jophan, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  17. Alonski

Alonski Active Member

Best Answers:
    Angela can you get me a PR 6-7 by the next PR update for cheap?

Alonski, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  18. Cbrooker

Cbrooker Active Member

Best Answers:
    Finding High PR backlinks are not that difficult.

I just found a site that has the potential to give unlimited PR5 backlinks with an anchor text of my choice.

This brings the number of site that I know like this to 3 or 4 right now. Never revealed, never discussed on any forum before.

I may write a blog about one of them in the next little while. :)

Cbrooker, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  19. AngelaE8654

Best Answers:

There is no concrete evidence of this. And yes, I have multiple PR 6 backlinks as well as several PR 8s, a couple of PR 9s and a PR 10. Many, many, MANY sites' Page Rank went DOWN on this last update, despite their backlinks. (Mine went UP) That's because they were engaging in buying/selling links.

20. AngelaE8654

Best Answers:
    I can get you 30 backlinks varying from PR 4-PR 9 (from DIFFERENT IPs) every month, for cheap. :)

Monthly membership