1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CJ Settlement case

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by DJD, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Charley125

Charley125 Peon

Best Answers:
    :rolleyes:
    Here's a link to the Carrier lawsuit info:

http://news.justia.com/cases/featured/california/cacdce/2:2007cv02641/387514/

---

Here's one for the Settlement Recovery lawsuit info:

http://www.affiliatefairplay.com/service/images/post/order_of_proposed_settlement.pdf

-----------

Hope that helps :)

Charley125, Aug 4, 2008 IP
  2. Chancey

Chancey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I never did promote them anyway!

Chancey, Aug 4, 2008 IP
  3. sanjay_bhuarya

sanjay_bhuarya Peon

Best Answers:
    I get nice check each month frm cj [:)]

But i didnt got this mail [:(]

sanjay_bhuarya, Aug 5, 2008 IP
  4. ChrisMonty

ChrisMonty Active Member

Best Answers:
    I blogged about this the other day. It will be interesting to see how it all turns out.

ChrisMonty, Aug 5, 2008 IP
  5. Farmer77

Farmer77 Peon

Best Answers:
    I never got the email, or I might have deleted it since I get CJ mail all the time that I don't read. But this news isn't a shock at all.

Farmer77, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  6. C.Whyte

C.Whyte Peon

Best Answers:
    I got an email on this a while back and then actually got something in the mail today about it... does this mean we're going to get money back from CJ letting in all the commission steelers ?

C.Whyte, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  7. tvmatt

tvmatt Peon

Best Answers:
    You'll get your fair percentage of the $1m settlement based on your earnings between two time periods in the lawsuit. So, most likely, you'll get almost nothing. It's really not a problem inside of CJ, from what I've seen from the advertiser side.

tvmatt, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  8. BP77

BP77 Peon

Best Answers:
    What do you mean? The sales not being tracked correctly isn't CJ's fault?

BP77, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  9. gregdavidson

gregdavidson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I received about 3 cards in the mail so I'm pretty sure this isn't spam. I don't think CJ owes me anything so I'm not signing up for it. If they did rip me off it's probably for a few dollars which isn't worth my time.

gregdavidson, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  10. Procyon

Procyon Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm looking forward to the outcome of this lawsuit.

Procyon, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  11. cristlegirl

cristlegirl Peon

Best Answers:
    I also got something in the mail yesterday, but I haven't made anything with them and it sounds like I'd get back pennies anyway so I'm not going to bother. I'll just keep promoting and hope they fix the issue.

cristlegirl, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  12. BP77

BP77 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't get why you'd continue promoting, cristlegirl. Best of luck to you, but for me its been happening far too often to far too many people to continue risking missing out on money.

BP77, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  13. tvmatt

tvmatt Peon

Best Answers:
    This lawsuit has nothing to do with improper tracking. This lawsuit has to do with software publishers who used deceptive methods & possibly stole commissions (by replacing affiliate links with their own links) and cost merchants more money in commissions that they didn't need to pay out.

I've been working with CJ advertisers on the program management side of things for 2 years, and can't recall one instance of a publisher using software & then getting kicked out. Maybe our approval criteria was stricter than other merchants, but it didn't & doesn't seem to be an issue in CJ.

tvmatt, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  14. cristlegirl

cristlegirl Peon

Best Answers:

The main reason I'm sticking with them is because I do watch where my clicks are going and what cj shows me is about what other places show me. I don't get huge amounts of traffic so I really don't expect much. It doesn't cost me a think though to put their links up on my blogs and just let them sit there.

cristlegirl, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  15. iblaine

iblaine Peon

Best Answers:
    This lawsuit has to do with software publishers who used deceptive methods & possibly stole commissions (by replacing affiliate links with their own links) and cost merchants more money in commissions that they didn't need to pay out.

This lawsuit is about publishers stealing from other publishers. Merchants generate sales, pay out affiliate commission to CJ and it's up to CJ to determine who gets the commission. CJ gains nothing when cookies are stolen...affiliate networks are still victims in this situation but what makes this case a problem for CJ is CJ not doing enough to protect publishers.

iblaine, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  16. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm surely glad to see lawsuits action against those scumbag. I have seen many publisher sites which are affiliate cookie stuffed and I wonder if they won't be caught. Some advertiser also stuffed their cookies on their own site, it's mean advertisers will get all commissions if the sales were made by the traffics sent by publishers.

This is a rip-off and problem should be solved if CJ pay much more attention on this than ever. CJ never done enough protection for ethical publishers, that's really pissed me off when I contacted advertiser about any suspicious reversal, didn't get any reply, asked CJ representative for help and all the answer I've got is "Please contact advertiser yourself". WTF!! They are so lazy pig. If they can only do by answer that stupid dig, then they shouldn't be hired to be as representative by CJ!!

Sxperm, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  17. tvmatt

tvmatt Peon

Best Answers:
    Wait... huh? Are you saying that advertisers are paying themselves commissions on orders? What in the world are you talking about?

tvmatt, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  18. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Your understand is correct. However, they did remove that after peoples noticed on this one. If they are paying themselves so they don't have to pay publishers but they got sales from traffic sent by publishers. I hope it's clear for you. Sorry for my bad english which may cause you any confused.

Sxperm, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  19. tvmatt

tvmatt Peon

Best Answers:
    That makes no sense, again. Why would an advertiser use an affiliate link to overwrite their affiliates' code? There are CJ fees on top of each commission they pay, and overwriting affiliate cookies without traffic coming from a different marketing channel is 100% against CJ's contract. If affiliates aren't paid commissions, they won't continue to promote. Why would an advertiser do this?

If you're going to make allegations, name names - which advertiser was this? When were they doing this? Was this advertiser in CJ? Your scenario makes absolutely no sense to me.

tvmatt, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  20. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I've read it from here --> Royal Rummy is a CJ scam@!!!!

Sxperm, Aug 22, 2008 IP