1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

People Who Make Less Than $80,000 A Year Are Stupid.

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Zibblu, Aug 17, 2008.

According to John McCain.

For anyone making less than $111K a year (not sure where McCain got the 80K number) Barack Obama's tax plan will cut more of your taxes than will McCain's. That's 90% of Americans.

John McCain's explanation for why he can get away with continuing to claim that Obama will raise taxes while he'll cut them? (The fact is Obama is only going to raise taxes on corporations and the very rich.)

“People who make under $80,000 are too stupid to understand taxes anyway.”

That's an actual word for word quote from John McCain - on August 8, 2008 - to a room full of rich people.

How is this quote not all over the mainstream news? The MSM is continuing to protect McCain, that's what's happening. What happens when (if) they finally start reporting on McCain numerous blunders?

If I'm the Obama campaign, I'm using this quote in every negative ad I run the rest of the year.

---

If you make less than $80,000 and were planning on voting for McCain - do you really want to vote for a guy who called you stupid?

Is there any question who the real "elitist" is? The guy with $500 shoes, 8 homes, a multi millionaire wife, the guy who thinks people who make less than $80K are stupid?

Zibblu, Aug 17, 2008 IP
  2. ncz_nate

ncz_nate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If this is real it would be of real concern but as far as I can tell, this appears to be an unsourced, rumored story.

ncz_nate, Aug 17, 2008 IP
  3. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    It would be much more interesting if there was a more legitimate source for that quote. It seems to only be on some blogs. It sounds so stupid I have doubts he said it.

There is no question if you are making less than 100,000 Obama's tax plan is better for you personally.

browntwn, Aug 17, 2008 IP
  4. baconbits

baconbits Banned

Best Answers:
    I would like to have an actualy soundclip of him saying that. Preferabbly a movie from a reliable source. And I would like to know what pretext he said this with.

baconbits, Aug 17, 2008 IP
  5. AGS

AGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Don't forget that McCain is very stupid (as well as being utterly insane) so he may well have said it, and that wouldn't surpise many of us.

AGS, Aug 17, 2008 IP
  6. soniqhost.com

soniqhost.com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I read on a blog that Obama will pardon Bin Laden once he gets into office, I read it on a blog so it much be true, and Obama middle name is Hussein so that's all the proof I need.

soniqhost.com, Aug 17, 2008 IP
    TechEvangelist likes this.
  7. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    I read that in a blog also. At least you did not start a thread.

homebizseo, Aug 17, 2008 IP
  8. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:

That's more true than not.

McCain's tax plan is better :D

bogart, Aug 18, 2008 IP
  9. Chuman

Chuman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well Mccain must have said that to encourage people to earn more and more and pay more and more taxes :D Celever Mccain :p

Chuman, Aug 18, 2008 IP
  10. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    GTech, Aug 18, 2008 IP
  11. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This thread is #5 for “People who make under $80,000 are too stupid to understand taxes anyway.” :D

bogart, Aug 18, 2008 IP
  12. LogicFlux

LogicFlux Peon

Best Answers:
    I doubt there's any way in hell he actually said that.

One of the things that keeps me more or less in the middle is a belief that part of what has made this country so successful, is that over the long term, things get balanced out. Republicans will cut taxes for the wealthy and the Democrats will tax the shit out of them and redistribute it. Republicans are more likely to support business owners while Democrats are more likely to want to look out for the poor. If either side had their way all of the time I don't believe it would work, at least not in the long run. So coming from that perspective, I personally don't have a problem with Obama's tax increases. Especially at a time when national debt is so high. Things will probably swing the other way soon enough and the balance will be maintained.

I remember northpoint had a great post that touched on it. I was able to find it because I remembered he used the term "catfight". :)

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showpost.php?p=7179026&postcount=106

I say let the catfight continue. As long as we're careful not to declaw either side, it will balance out. We must have been doing something right all these years. :)

LogicFlux, Aug 18, 2008 IP
  13. Divisive Cottonwood

Divisive Cottonwood Peon

Best Answers:

hmm... it's completely unsourced though... what be a spectacular own goal if he did actually say it

Divisive Cottonwood, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  14. Matsuri

Matsuri Peon

Best Answers:
    Does any1 have recording of that footage or maybe audio? :)

Matsuri, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  15. ly2

ly2 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    How about lowering EVERYONES taxes? The fuck does it matter if you're rich or poor? EVERYONE should have to pay LESS to this disgusting and vile government of ours...or any government for that matter.

ly2, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  16. netridge

netridge Peon

Best Answers:
    It's no rumor just google it and look it up, he has several homes most in the millions.

netridge, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  17. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sure. Everyone should have their taxes lowered. But the poor don't understand the system. Most of the poor don't pay income taxes anyway or even get money back with the earned income credit.

bogart, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  18. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You know what's even worse? Someone I know who's on state aid for a total BS reason, has not worked in years expected a stimulus check. I don't think anyone should of gotten one, but I had to laugh when this person who doesn't even pay taxes, who gets everything given to her in the first place expected and got pissed off after finding out she would not get a stimulus check.

GRIM, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  19. baconbits

baconbits Banned

Best Answers:
    I agree with you there. They put nothing in and then get angry when they dont get anything out of it. If only the world worked like that...*dreams of it*

baconbits, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  20. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you saying people want money for doing nothing.

homebizseo, Aug 20, 2008 IP