1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do You Get Low Per Click $? Easy Google Tool Tells You the Profitability of Niches

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by webwork, Aug 20, 2008.

I see a boatload of webmasters complaining about the low per click $ they see from their sites. Some say $.08-$.10 per click is good, and I see people complain about an average of $.03 per click. My personal average floats somewhere around $.30 per click - I have some really decent niches I have websites for.

To find out how profitable a niche is you've got to look at it from the perspective of an advertiser. How much will it cost an advertiser to advertise their ads within that niche?

You do this with the Google Adwords Traffic Estimator tool

Type in a keyword without a budget and click continue.

Average CPC for the term "Myspace" is $.12 - $.24

Average CPC for the term "injury lawyer" is $15.48 - $23.22

All things being equal (traffic, placement), which site do you think is going to make the most money off Adsense?

This is how you separate the bad niches from the good ones. I shoot for around $5 CPC - quite often I get dollar+ clicks.

webwork, Aug 20, 2008 IP
    Hopper likes this.
  2. Jeehan

Jeehan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good one. But one should build sites those are good for other ppl and the maker should have interest on tht niche.

Jeehan, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  3. silveraden

silveraden Banned

Best Answers:
    As long as your site has goor traffic, I don't care about the CPC...

silveraden, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  4. anujbux

anujbux Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm geting $0.07-$0.085 per click. this is a new site and dont know how long it will stay same.

anujbux, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  5. webwork

webwork Banned

Best Answers:
    Theoretically. Yet that doesn't stop anyone from owning and earning on sites they don't have an interest in. The majority of sites I own people couldn't possibly have an interest in, yet there's a high demand on the topic - so high profitability and low competition is there and this is part of the formula for success. Sites on niches like lawyers, medical, acne - people usually don't have an interest in these but there's a demand there and thus an opportunity for the shrewed webmaster to make money on them.

You should care if you care about making money, because a site that sees 100 visits with strong CPC can outperform an entertainment site with 1000 visits and low CPC.

webwork, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  6. Jeehan

Jeehan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are very right in all way @webwork.

Jeehan, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  7. zodiac

zodiac Peon

Best Answers:
    that tool shows the averages of cost per click in search,not the content network.
    in that tool,a keyword could say $1,but pay 1¢ on your site.

zodiac, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  8. baokychen

baokychen Banned

Best Answers:
    its not really that accurate as what highlighted above as it might pay 1 cent instead.

baokychen, Aug 20, 2008 IP
    dairyman likes this.
  9. dairyman

dairyman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah. The estimated average cpc for a particular niche varies greatly and because of smart pricing, you may get as low as 1 cent even for a good niche:(

dairyman, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  10. dexter.ss

dexter.ss Peon

Best Answers:
    i think this is a geat method. i just checked it agaisnt my websites and bingo. it works. nice work!

dexter.ss, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  11. webwork

webwork Banned

Best Answers:
    That's true but it will give you an idea of what you can expect. Since the keywords on your site will vary, the ads that are displayed are varied as well (and thus earnings).

Rest assured you won't see Myspace related ads on a medical blog, so in this way it's going to point you in the direction on what kind of earnings you can generall expect.

I like to use this tool because instead of trying to find a needle in a haystack when it comes to trying to find profitable niches, it gives me some sense of direction.

Right now my best site gets an average of $.56 per click so far for this month. This site certainly doesn't see $.01 clicks ever.

webwork, Aug 20, 2008 IP